Chit Chat
Options

Bartending! What do you like?

I am trying to get a list together of alcohol of what I should buy for our wedding. I've only been to 2 weddings, one didn't have alcohol and the other only had beer and wine (not big on either) and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with either of those two situations at all. At our wedding we are having a open bar with any types of drinks. I'm trying to get opinions on which ones are more popular than others or what you prefer to other drinks?

So what would you prefer (if you do drink alcohol) or even sodas for that matter?

(if it helps any my wedding is in the evening, on a saturday during the summertime if that helps)

Thanks everyone!

Re: Bartending! What do you like?

• Options
    It's a friend's mom and her moms best friend. They have a side business. I got a shopping list of liquors to buy I'm guessing for what's mainly popular at wedding I got this list from another service that I was going to book but didn't but I'm still lost on what to get LOL!
  • Options
    I agreed with the lady of she did the Bartending I'll take care of everything else just bring the tools that you would need. And thanks for the google idea, wouldn't have thought about that!
  • Options
    I'd just make sure you cover the basics. Make sure you have a decent vodka, whisky, rum and tequila. Maybe gin too. 

Personally if I'm drinking alcohol at a wedding I'll have a vodka-tonic or vodka-cranberry juice. Also red wine and beer. :)
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    There are plenty of lists online on how to stock a basic bar, start with them.

FI and I entertain a lot and we regularly have: lots of rum, lots of vodka, gin, whiskey, tequilia, some different flavors of schnapps (cinnamon and peppermint in the winter, peach in the summer). We also keep bourbon and scotch because a lot of people in one circle friends like them. As far as sodas go we have a regular cola, diet cola, sprite or 7up and we keep sour mix, orange and cranberry juice on hand. A different circle of friends likes drinks with pineapple juice and coconut milk so I get them occasionally. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    You might also want to have Kahulua on hand.  A lot of people drink that, mixed with other things too, like Baileys.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ahh so many different things I would've never thought of! Thanks for the tips ladies!!
  • Options
    I think sangria is an awesome summer drink!

• Options
    I agree with the others to have the basic vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whisky. Now the proportion of how much to each, I don't know. I know I personally would drink more vodka or rum drinks, but I don't know about others. Bailey's and Kahlua would be nice to offer with the coffee at the end of the night. 
  • Options
    You might also try to do an old-fashioned punch (you know, the kinds with gallons of booze in it) as a signature drink. That way, you have all the normal bar stuff, but also a little somethin' somethin' to cover the gaps for people who want something, but aren't sure what they want to drink.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i'm a huge fan of whiskey and ginger ale. I also love a fuzzy navel for a summer wedding though I don't know what is in one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks again for all the ideas ladies!!! So many different things to choose from. I would of never thought of a lot of it. :
  • Options
    2 reds
    2 whites
    1 domestic light beer
    1-2 other non-light beers, maybe 1 import?
    vodka
    gin
    whiskey
    rum
    1 special liquor your group might like to drink.  Tequila, baileys? 
    Coke
    Diet
    Sprite
    club soda
    tonic
    OJ
    cranberry
    pineapple
    limes/lemons

If you have the above 99% of your guests will have something to choose from (there is always one who will complain)  It might not be their regular drink, but they will find something to drink.     The more choices you have the more complicated and expensive it gets.

Check with your store.  Mine allowed us to return unopened bottles.  Really helped when ordering.

*** you don't have to go high end (Skye, Kettle One, etc).  But I would not cheap out either.   Pick something in the middle.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    as a bartender I can tell you that besides people favorite are whiskey and vodka... second tequila and rum... and some people likes gin, gin isnt too comon but some people likes it. but I would suggest you to give priority to the whiskey and vodka... buying rum make sure you get gold silver and rum gold....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards