Chit Chat
Options

Out of curiosity and being bored...

How long are you ladies planning on waiting until having babies? All my friends think I'm crazy but I can't wait to have kids! I'm planning on having them right away!

Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...

• Options
    Haha I can't wait either! We haven't completely decided when we're going to start trying but every time we see our little "nephew" (our good friend's 6 month old), we want one even more! We decided to at least wait until we're married (though if it happens now we wouldn't be upset) to try. Maybe a couple months but I want to start soon :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I voted 1 to 2 years, most likely closer to 2...I'm going to be 32 when we get married and I want more than one kid so I'd like to start before I'm 35. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We planned on waiting for 2-3 yrs after we get married but thats not going to happen. I'm 3 months pregnant right now and I cant wait until he/she is here.
  • Options
    ujocdeelovelyujocdeelovely member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Congrats Jayja!! Our wedding is a year and a half away and I feel like it's taking forever!! I think I want babies more than a wedding! LMAO!
  • Options
    I have baby fever BAD right now for some reason haha! H and I are waiting until I am almost done school to start trying.  I have decided to return to school ( I think I am crazy sometimes!) and I know now is not the right time.

maybe 2-3 years!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:8045417f-8f9d-4f56-8d2f-f07b2180d03c">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have baby fever BAD right now for some reason haha! H and I are waiting until I am almost done school to start trying.  I have decided to return to school ( I think I am crazy sometimes!) and I know now is not the right time. maybe 2-3 years!
    Posted by Beverly8[/QUOTE]

Don't feel crazy. I'm working on my 2nd master's, teaching special ed, and planning a wedding! HAHA! Some days I want to pull my hair out of my head!
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    You don't have a 7-8 option, so yeah.
  • Options
    Our plan, okay well my plan is that as soon as we get back from our honeymoon I'm going to stop BC.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's no "never" option. I feel discriminated against ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:d80188c3-2538-4e7a-b6c5-6038c176af3d">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's no "never" option. I feel discriminated against ;)
    Posted by angele4200[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Me too.

Biological kids aren't an option for us.  We've decided to leave the door open for adoption, but I have nothing resembling baby fever, although I do wonder if someday it might.  Maybe the fact that I can't bear children has something to do with it.  I love kids though, and I enjoy spoiling my little neices and nephews to death (and sugaring them up and giving them back to their parents).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:d80188c3-2538-4e7a-b6c5-6038c176af3d">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's no "never" option. I feel discriminated against ;)
    Posted by angele4200[/QUOTE]

Same here.  It's not an option for everyone.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    We plan on not using birth control but not "trying" per se for the first year.

If we're not pregnant we'll "try" after that (ovulation tests, see the dr, etc) for a year.

If we're not pregnant by then, we'll start to pursue an adoption.

I have PCOS so getting pregnant will be harder for me, though not necessarily impossible. We want both biological and adopted kids, so adopted kids aren't really a plan B. We just think it'd be good to have the first kid be biological, but since adoption can take years, we figure we'll start the process so we'll have at least once child by the time we're thirty. (We'll be 26 when we tie the knot).
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    Children, ick!! (Just kidding) I don't want any, neither does FI.
  • Options
    I'm 22 and I'll be 24 by the time we get married and probably 28 when we TTC. I don't ovulate regularly (but I don't necessarily have PCOS), so it's going to be harder for me to get pregnant. Also, we agreed on one child, but may have a second five or six years later.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry if that was TMI.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We were thinking about 5 years after I finished school. I finished school this past Dec, so I guess we're falling in the 7-8 year range.

Honestly though, I don't see kids in our near future at all. Granted, we're only 24 (almost 25) so still young. I couldn't even imagine having a child right now. We have pets, and those are our furbabies.

Also, the thought of giving birth scares the $hit out of me. . . just throwing that out there.
  • Options
    I'd like to start right away since i'm 30 and I also want to have more than one kid. We both work and I just finished school so it seems we're in the right place. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:41a8db99-d64f-4131-92a0-4228c3445e61">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were thinking about 5 years after I finished school. I finished school this past Dec, so I guess we're falling in the 7-8 year range. Honestly though, I don't see kids in our near future at all. Granted, we're only 24 (almost 25) so still young. I couldn't even imagine having a child right now.<strong> We have pets, and those are our furbabies. Also, the thought of giving birth scares the $hit out of me. . . just throwing that out there.
    </strong>Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Ditto. My dad is having another baby and wants me involved and made me add a app to my cell to tell me whats going on with each stage and I clicked on a video and it was a computer gereated thing on what happens when the baby is getting ready to be born, I started screaming and threw my phone and ran away, made FI turn it off for me lol....
    Fi wants at least one child eventually so maybe in 5 years or so. For now we have a 16month male GSD and are looking to get a female and then we will have puppies so maybe that will be enough for us :)
  • Options
    I am the same way. I have the perfect husband to be and now I want the family to go with it. Everyone tells me to wait and enjoy each other first but I think with babies I could enjoy it even more(:
  • Options
    I am currently 32, will 33 by the time we are married, and if ONE more person asks us when babies are coming im going to SCREAM!!  :)

FI would have had a baby, like five minutes ago, if it was up to him, which sorta of surprises me, however i DO want a child, a little nervous about it, maybe that is why I dont have the "baby" fever.

So im thinking, of going on an anniversary trip, about 6mos to year after we are married, to start trying!!  :)
    Best Wishes, Melissa Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At this point in time, I don't want kids, neither does my FI. It may change later in life, but right now we love our independance and freedom to do what we want.

We both love to travel, but if we had kids we wouldn't be able to afford it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:dc01de32-ae98-4bb5-ae31-8f3f4ac4bc25">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Out of curiosity and being bored... : Same here.  It's not an option for everyone.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Agreed. We really aren't sure yet
  • Options

FI and I will be 39 and 40 when we get married so needless to say, we'll be trying immediately!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We really want to be at a better place before we have kids. We're both relatively young and have entry level jobs. It's perfectly good for us now, but if we want kids, we want to give them more. We want to have at least $45,000 in savings, plus own a home before we have kids. I'm thinking that should be about 5 years. 

We're in no rush. I love children, but I want to build a strong and long-lasting relationship with my husband first. Then work on parenting. I think the situation may be different for couples who have known each other longer and living together for years. In that case, you've gotten through those steps already. We'll be moving in together right after the wedding. 
  • Options
    Between the 2 of us we already have 5 (mine are 18, 12, and 6; his are 16 and 9) so we're still discussing if we want more or not. Kind of leaning towards MAYBE 1 more.
  • Options
    At least 3 no more than 5. If we decide we don't want children... Then I get my English Bullie. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:42540b94-b48e-4cc0-a93a-aef483d1fefe">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our plan, okay well <strong>my plan</strong> is that as soon as we get back from our honeymoon I'm going to stop BC.
    Posted by pinkbunny8385[/QUOTE]

When you say "my plan" do you mean that you haven't discussed it with your FI?  Because that sounds like the worst plan ever, if that's the case.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options

We won't necessarily start actively trying, but we'll stop preventing on our upcoming 1 year anniversary trip.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:f915b285-4577-49ef-b078-69b3b0dab81f">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Out of curiosity and being bored... : You probably need to get him on board with that. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

oh if he had his way I'd be pregnant now. I told him that I wouldn't want to be pregnant while planning a wedding. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_out-of-curiosity-and-being-bored?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bb4d0a50-8d98-4c75-a2cf-ffc3a184ecfaPost:42902225-bcd5-46a5-afda-27a3acef7f14">Re: Out of curiosity and being bored...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Out of curiosity and being bored... : When you say "my plan" do you mean that you haven't discussed it with your FI?  Because that sounds like the worst plan ever, if that's the case.
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

yes we have discussed it. and if it were up to him I'd be pregnant now. I'm saying my plan because I dont plan on being pregnant while planning a wedding. so as soon as its over we'll start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards