Chit Chat
Options

transgendered bride...

Hi all.. i am new here.... i am a TG bride-to-be and am just starting look for a dress and plan my wedding.  I am guessing that I am sort of a rarity here....  anybody ever meet any others on here?

Re: transgendered bride...

• Options
    I am transgender and my fiance is transexual (F to M).  Welcome and hello :)
    Fuuck your feelings
  • Options
    hello  iam christine also a tg bride. welcome to our area of the knot.
  • Options

And another random ancient thread is resurrected.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Should we have a seance?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Or maybe an exorcism...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm a little confused by "our area." This board is international and has all kinds of brides.
  • Options
    jarednmeganjarednmegan member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    I'm a little confused by "our area." This board is international and has all kinds of brides.
    First I thought @christinemcv was implying that we're all TG.

Maybe "our area" was a reference to CC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

That doesn't explain how CC is anyone's "area," especially from a poster who joined this afternoon. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    For randomness, click zombie thread.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    AddieL73 said:

That doesn't explain how CC is anyone's "area," especially from a poster who joined this afternoon. 

I know. I'm just offering theories here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

hello, first off i didnt mean to imply everyone here is transgender. of course your not. but i did want to welcome people here who are.  no need to be a bigot if thats how you feel . your certanily entitled to your opinion about transgenders. most of us are no differnt than you, we are your doctors, teachers, neighbors, etc.  in most cases we prefer to just live our lives quietly like any other person. in most cases you would just pass us by on the street, not flashy by any means . so to all you (haters)  i say live and let live     peace    christine

• Options

hello, first off i didnt mean to imply everyone here is transgender. of course your not. but i did want to welcome people here who are.  no need to be a bigot if thats how you feel . your certanily entitled to your opinion about transgenders. most of us are no differnt than you, we are your doctors, teachers, neighbors, etc.  in most cases we prefer to just live our lives quietly like any other person. in most cases you would just pass us by on the street, not flashy by any means . so to all you (haters)  i say live and let live     peace    christine

@christinemcv Coming from the token queer on the board, no one here is unwelcoming to anyone who is GLBTQ. And no one is a "hater".  I have been around for going on 2 years, and will attest to that.  I think people are just wondering why you resurrected a thread that was 2+ years old.  It is very unlikely that the original poster of that thread is still around. 
    Exactly.  I think that this board is quite LGBT-friendly.  Posters were just confused about why a thread that was two years old was "resurrected"; no one was trying to be unwelcoming or hateful.
  • Options
    i aplogize if i made anyone mad. it was not my intention . i havent been on in years due to the fact i lived abroad. i did see anoither girl post on here and do understand her frustration with some people  some transgender choose not to go the entire route due to many reasons but consider themselfs women nevertheless.  i can and do understand such feelings . my living in another country showed me  i can live in my chosen gender there and any place in the world if i want to.    have a nice day chat with you later   christine
  • Options

i aplogize if i made anyone mad. it was not my intention . i havent been on in years due to the fact i lived abroad. i did see anoither girl post on here and do understand her frustration with some people  some transgender choose not to go the entire route due to many reasons but consider themselfs women nevertheless.  i can and do understand such feelings . my living in another country showed me  i can live in my chosen gender there and any place in the world if i want to.    have a nice day chat with you later   christine

....what? What does this have to with anything?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    again iam sorry.   i didnt know everyone was accepting here.  i have been teased alot and dont get me wrong  iam not bitter, but  didnt expect to be accepted. . and for that iam gratefull .
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• Options
    sorry      i offended you. it was not my intention to do that to anybody. i didnt mean to come on sounding of hate. i do aplogize. and fyi,  i am not a transvestite. that is something completely differnt. although most people do confuse the issue .my intention was to just chat with the girls about their future wedding plans. something i allways dreamed of from when i was a kid. i dont think it was much differnt than anyone here in that respect. thanks for understanding christine
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK

Anniversary

• Options

@peledreamsofrain

or anyone else who wants to educate themselves on the difference so they can use appropriate and not offensive language.

http://iamtransgendered.com/Transsexuals_Transvestites_Transgendered.aspx

Thanks for sharing this link! 
  • Options
    iam pretty much new to the whole thing at this time, just got engaged last week. we plan on april 2015 wedding but theres so much to do as you know. iam in therapy and will be starting hrt in the fall if all goes well. thats something i dont fool around with. can get sick very easy if not under doctors care . 
  • Options
    thank you so much hun. it made my day
  • Options
    Well, now that some of the confusion is lifted, welcome!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    thank you addiel73
  • Options
    @christinemcv Hi! Where are you from? Please remember everything you read (and write) has to be taken exactly as it is read, with no emphasis for emotion, inflection or attitude. It is is very easy to misunderstand something that has been written and especially easy to be defensive if that is something you find yourself doing daily, but as previous posters (PPs) have said, you won't encounter any hate toward the LGBTQ community here. (I'm gay so I'm talking from experience).
    I'm pretty new here but I've already realised through readings lots of threads that the people here offer good advice and are welcoming to everyone if they are welcoming back to them. I'd love to hear more about the wedding you're planning, I hope you decide to share some of your plans with us!
  • Options
    iam pretty much new to the whole thing at this time, just got engaged last week. we plan on april 2015 wedding but theres so much to do as you know. iam in therapy and will be starting hrt in the fall if all goes well. thats something i dont fool around with. can get sick very easy if not under doctors care . 
    Congratulations on your recent engagement and good luck in the fall!  I'm sure you will find plenty of information here. Can you tell us a bit about your fiancé(e)?  What are your general ideas for your wedding right now?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards