Chit Chat
Options

transgendered bride...

2»

Re: transgendered bride...

• Options
    stage manager 14  . AGAIN I APOLOGIZE. if you took the time to read my other post you would see i was trying to say i was sorry to all who misunderstood my previous writings. i dont know anyone personally here and iam sure there are many fine people but i have been insulted by people because of who i am and what i want. i dont hold it against people who just think iam some sissy who likes dresses,  or a gay male. iam neither.   maybe iam a little sore today but not at you or knot members. i live as a female when i can but work as a male.  today i was touched by a male customer where anybody male or female shouldnt be.  this asshole and his girlfriend laughed at the whole thing. he knew i was wearing undergarments and soon everyone did.  i was so embarressed. so forgive me if i seemed a bit up tight tonight. i just want to come here and chat with the girls about their wedding plans. i recently became engaged and its soo exxiting as you know.   thanks for understanding christine
  • Options
    stage manager 14  . AGAIN I APOLOGIZE. if you took the time to read my other post you would see i was trying to say i was sorry to all who misunderstood my previous writings. i dont know anyone personally here and iam sure there are many fine people but i have been insulted by people because of who i am and what i want. i dont hold it against people who just think iam some sissy who likes dresses,  or a gay male. iam neither.   maybe iam a little sore today but not at you or knot members. i live as a female when i can but work as a male.  today i was touched by a male customer where anybody male or female shouldnt be.  this asshole and his girlfriend laughed at the whole thing. he knew i was wearing undergarments and soon everyone did.  i was so embarressed. so forgive me if i seemed a bit up tight tonight. i just want to come here and chat with the girls about their wedding plans. i recently became engaged and its soo exxiting as you know.   thanks for understanding christine
    I'm really sorry that happened to you. Tomorrow will be better. :) 
  • Options
    hi anastasia 517    thanks for your questions.  i became engaged just a short while ago. my intended is a natural born female. and will remain such  lol.     technically i am still male , although i plan to change that within the next 3 to 4 years.  we plan to live together as two women. i was at one time engaged to a man but i realized he wanted me as a man , something i dont want or have much of a idea to act like and be a man . as far as our wedding plans go we will be two brides. as i have said its allways been a dream of mine to wear the beautiful gown, hair and makeup perfect , carrying the flowers down the aisle, i actually did that when i was 15 in my aunts dress. it was wonderfull.  i guess many 15 yr old girls try on their mothers, sisters or aunts wedding dress  but not to many boys.  but who was a boy? lol.  anyway, iam in therapy now, will start hormone replacement therapy in the fall if all is well. iam sort of lucky in wys, i ve been blessed by looking very passable as a female with not too much makeup or padding.  iam really just a gloss and mascara girl anyway. i dont wear alot of makeup usually, although i do like getting some as gifts from my sisters and cousins.       nice chatting with you  write soon  christine
  • Options
    hi anastasia 517    thanks for your questions.  i became engaged just a short while ago. my intended is a natural born female. and will remain such  lol.     technically i am still male , although i plan to change that within the next 3 to 4 years.  we plan to live together as two women. i was at one time engaged to a man but i realized he wanted me as a man , something i dont want or have much of a idea to act like and be a man . as far as our wedding plans go we will be two brides. as i have said its allways been a dream of mine to wear the beautiful gown, hair and makeup perfect , carrying the flowers down the aisle, i actually did that when i was 15 in my aunts dress. it was wonderfull.  i guess many 15 yr old girls try on their mothers, sisters or aunts wedding dress  but not to many boys.  but who was a boy? lol.  anyway, iam in therapy now, will start hormone replacement therapy in the fall if all is well. iam sort of lucky in wys, i ve been blessed by looking very passable as a female with not too much makeup or padding.  iam really just a gloss and mascara girl anyway. i dont wear alot of makeup usually, although i do like getting some as gifts from my sisters and cousins.       nice chatting with you  write soon  christine
    Have you thought about your dress yet? I think that was the most fun part of planning (besides the tastings!)
  • Options
    the dress    oh my YES.  allways looking at the brides magazines. iam thinking maybe allure or maryspcbridals  fairy princess collection . sweetheart gowns are pretty too as are bonnie gowns.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    @christinemcv - welcome. Cool that you're here - looking forward to hearing about your plans as they take shape :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    hi, no appointments as of yet but i have tried on afew before. i was engaged a few years ago but we called it off thankfully. i agree with you about the ball gowns.  ive seen a few and they are really so pretty. i cant afford one i like by maryspcbridals  the unspoken romance collection and a few in the fairy tale princess line.   also dresses by sweetheart gowns are very cute but alot i like have been discontinued.   most of the dresses i like are from years ago late 1980s or 1990s.   it was around then i first tried on a wedding dress but of course i allways wanted to have one of my own. i look at the computer here and brides magazines  but iam not really sure just yet.  its hard going alone to look , my mom knows  but wont help me or my aunts. my sisters will but they have their own lives and hard to get time.  take care  christine
  • Options
    southernbelle 915  thank you so much     chat with you soon  christine
  • Options
    thanks laura kitsun 13. its a good option for sure
  • Options
    @LauraKitsune13 what ended up happening with your ordered dress?

• Options
    This is one of those threads show how important it is to read the whole thing before you respond to one of the first few comments.

Anniversary

• Options
    I actually got a Mori Lee dress (A-line) and it really wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be.  You might want to check out some of those dresses!  For me, I ended up with a dress that was the absolute opposite of what I thought I wanted.  The trick is to keep an open mind while shopping.

Have you thought about venues yet?
  • Options
    hi bostongirl 4732 , i wasnt sure if you were replying to me but i agree a mori lee dress would be gourgeous .  a a -line dress would work for me but i tend to like the ball gown type dresses.for weddings as such. i do have quite a few of a line dresses at home and did wear one as a guest at a wedding a few months ago . nothing really fancy but i did get a few compliments about it.  yellow with white trim around the neckline and sleeves. i havent really thought of anything yet, just got engaged a few weeks ago.  as i said hard to really go shopping by yourself, cant get alot of ideas, as and far as everything else , we are too early in the begining yet. hopefully married by apr 2015 . take care   christine
  • Options
    Gay people assume you're a homophobe because you're straight and straight people assume you are gay because you support equality and acceptance.
    I'm not sure about this broad-stroke generalization.
    I'm having trouble remembering any time i was ever treated this way by a gay person/coworker/friend. In fact, i'm going to a buddy's Seattle Pride party next weekend (an event that he's named something i can't even type here.) I doubt he's invited any homophobes for any reason.
    No straight person has treated me like you describe either, well, since i grew up and moved out of a predominantly "red" state. Those inbred buffoons thought i was "gay" because i had a pixie-ish haircut and listened to metal, heh.
    And OP, most people are accepting of everyone who is LGBT. It sucks if you live somewhere that this isn't the case, but please don't let it cloud your outlook on life and humanity. Congratulations on your wedding!
    Unfortunately, here it is very common. I can match in the parade, sure. But I have been denied the ability to work with the Local Equality center because I'm straight and they've had too many "bad experiences" with straight volunteers, I have been verbally attacked in a few times in the gay club (where I was working pageants, no less) about needing to "go back to my hick bigot church" after a spectator or other competitor finding out I was straight. I get it, because Arkansas is a difficult place to be gay, and you do run into a lot of hate. But it definitely sucks. And it turns off a lot of people who otherwise would have no issue with the gay community.

@stagemanager14

The part about this that sucks... is it's like a chicken & egg thing, right?   Being gay in a midwest or southern state IS really hard.  I am much less likely to jump on the "FUCK YOU STRAIGHT PERSON" bandwagon now, living in the bay area, than I was when I lived in Pittsburgh, PA, or Ohio, or even Chicago.  But, that defensive behavior was a direct result of being shit on SO often. 

And when straight people came in to queer spaces (bars, clubs, etc.), it was usually because they were bi-curious, or they were using our spaces like a zoo.  Oh yay, come see all of the crazy gay folks!!   It doesn't necessarily excuse that defensive behavior, but it does explain it. 

Now, I'm more likely to assume that people are gay until they tell me otherwise.  But, I live in a very small, very liberal bubble. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards