Chit Chat
Options

Fiance + Money Talk = :(

How do I make FI stop being such scrooge in regards to our wedding? It's really starting to get to me. Our parents are helping pay and we've saved up over $8000 more than we orignially planned to save for our contribution. But my FI is being ridiculous. 

HE keeps inviting people, thus making the guest list longer, thus making it cost more, and then tells them "oh we might not have room". So basically, I don't want to pay for your significant other to come. It's really starting to make me mad. I'm pretty up on public image and I think it's so rude to tell people they can't bring a guest.

Also, he's trying to tell me that to save money we shouldn't get boutinnieres or corsages for our grandparents. GRR. What makes me the most mad about it is that we absolutely can afford to include these people and buy these things. He's got an MBA in finance so everything is about money. It's our wedding and I don't want to look back one day andrealize we hurt someones feelings (a grandpparent without a flower or guest without a date because he is being cheap. Like I said, especially when we can afford to do these things. 

Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards