Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Any David's Bridal dyeable shoes reviews?

I'm having some trouble finding a pair of purple wedding shoes! When I ordered my wedding dress I was told that I needed to know my shoe height before the order could be placed, so I guessed and said I would wear 3" heels. Unfortunately, now that I've actually started looking at purple heels, all of the shoes I love are actually around 4". As I haven't seen any purple 3" heels that I like, I'm considering going the dyeable route...

I've read some really old posts on here that say David's Bridal dyeable shoes are hit-or-miss in that some ladies have had no issues, while others have had the dye come off on their toes. I definitely don't want to end up with purple toes at the end of the night or, even worse, to have any of the dye come off on my dress! DB's website says that the dye is not waterproof, which concerns me if it happens to rain, but then I read that spraying the shoes with a protective waterproof spray might help with this.

Have any brides here recently used DB dyeable shoes? Were there any problems with the dye? I would love to get an idea of what to expect before I make any decisions. Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 6, 2012!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any David's Bridal dyeable shoes reviews?

• Options
    Holy cow! I'm having the SAME problem finding purple shoes. I was wearing skinny jeans and flat riding boots to my dress appointment. I mostly stayed barefoot during the process, but when I found THE dress they were ready to measure me and I quickly grabbed my MOH's heels. They were a little over 3 inches, so that's what I got measured with (lace dress, the height needed to be measured for ordering from the designer).

Now i'm having a really hard time finding purple/plum shoes that are 3-3.5" and cute. :( I figured I'd have to dye some too.
  • Options
    I got DB shoes dyed horizon blue as a bridesmaid a year and a half ago and yes all of the bm ended up with blue toes.  From just sweating alone in the shoes the dye started to wear then we took pictures outside and it just got worse.  We were not told about the waterproofing spray.  I have been told that is what we were supposed to do but I would not take the chance on my wedding day.
    If you could find someone with that shoe and that dye color and see how theirs turned out then fine but I definitely wouldn't want purple toes on my wedding day.  Maybe you could go with a white heel and put on a purple accent clip.  I have been seeing a lot of that lately on shoes. 
  • Options
    I'm not doing them, but I was going to. My sweet sales associate told me that sometimes they have a tendancy to bleed and shrink a little. Just going by what she said, so I have no first hand experience. Sorry. Hope this helped though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    I had gotten them for my step mom's wedding. I needed to get a half size bigger and I had hunter green feet for about 2 days after
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    While I haven't actually worn mine, and I didn't get mine dyed by David's.  I did get a pair dyed for my wedding.  I got them dyed a watermelon pink.  They scotchguarded them twice.  I put them on a couple nights ago after working out (disgusting I know but my feet were sweaty and if they were going to turn my feet pink i'd rather know now than on the wedding.  Well my feet weren't sopping wet, but definately damp there was no pink feet. Granted I'm not sure how it would hold up if it rained....Just my two cents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I had shoes dyed for my MOH's wedding and they were dyed black. I did spray them with waterproofing spray and it didn't help. Well it did but not much. My feet were less black than everyone else's but they were still black. They also did shrink and KILLED! I wouldn't do it. I am going to try and find some purple shoes online and see if I can help you out :O)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's a vegetable based water soluable dye, if it gets wet it is going to run. If you do dye your shoes, make sure that you have a pair of backups.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards