Attire & Accessories Forum

Afraid sash will keep snagging on my dress. Thoughts?

So I tried my dress on again at home. The crystals on sash kind of snagged on my dress. Once. I got a bit nervous but am thinking of what to do. The original sash it comes with is ugly. It was just a plain ivory charmeuse satin sash. Unfortunately is was left behind a while ago at one of the DB stores (my fault) BUT I definitely wasn't going to use the one it came with whether I went with a plain one or not.

I ended up buying a crystal sash. and I love it. But I am torn for two reasons:  Snagging and it being a trend. I was planning on just doing bigger chandelier earrings and no necklace because of the bolero and crystal sash I would have on. Just wondering if I should stay safe and get a plain ivory sash now and just get blingy necklace and earrings instead.  First 2 pics are of me wearing dress with crystal sash.  Last pic is not me but of the dress with  a plain sash with jewelry.  The trend concern.  I am concerened that 10 years from now  will look back and think what was I thinking with that crystal sash? I know all things get dated but do you think the plain sash would be more classic?

Re: Afraid sash will keep snagging on my dress. Thoughts?

• I really like the blingy sash! Is there anyway you can have it sewn in to keep from snagging? I had mine sewn in just in the front so I still have a bow in the back.
  • I think the sash is really beautiful with your dress. I think it might be a good idea to have the sash sewn on the front so it doesn't move around (thus preventing snagging)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love the sash. I wouldn't worry about it going out of trend. The design of the sash looks pretty classic
  • One of my friends used a piece of ribbon and attatched it inside her sash to keep it from snagging. I would go with the crystal sash with earrings! Its your day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_afraid-sash-will-keep-snagging-on-my-dress-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:5dc1ac12-592a-41a1-aa15-b6bed9ffab92Post:4c44eabb-e73a-4593-b365-1ccf38258236">Re: Afraid sash will keep snagging on my dress. Thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my friends used a piece of ribbon and attatched it inside her sash to keep it from snagging. I would go with the crystal sash with earrings! Its your day!
    Posted by msmollyqt[/QUOTE]

This is what I was going to suggest.  Do you have any material left from hemming your gown?  Maybe your seamstress can back up the sash with this fabric so that it does not snag your gown.  I also agree with other PP's suggestions about having the sash tacked to your dress so that it doesn't move around.
  • I like the blingy sash better - I don't think it's too trendy. PPs have good suggestions for the snagging.
  • The sash is already on a satin belt. The problem is it was snagging in the front on the lace that's around the area. For example bendin over
  • I love the sash I'm
    Looking for one similar to buy from someone ! I'm
    On a tight budget so if you or anyone knows someone selling one before sept 15th I'll try to purchase ASAP if it's within reason.. Your dress and everything is fabulous !! Stunning :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards