Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

suits to match brown dresses?! help!

I am getting down to crunch time and have still not made a decision about the groomsmen wardrobe... 

The wedding is in November. My bridesmaids are wearing chocolate brown. Hot pink accent color. My dress is ivory.

I really don't like the idea of black suits with brown dresses. Nor brown suits and dresses. Groom doesn't like the idea of ivory suits.

I am sooo wishing we didn't pick brown dresses! We need to make a color decision and I am completely lost. Any photos or opinions/ expertise is greatly appeciated.

Thank you!!!

Re: suits to match brown dresses?! help!

• Options
    emeejeeayenemeejeeayen member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I have brown dresses and the guys are wearing black tuxes. 
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Black and brown actually looks quite nice together, in my opinion. I know its not IDEAL (because both are dark, neutral colors) but they are neutral nonetheless--which means they can go with anything (including each other). 

Heres an example:

You could also do a variation of brown if you don't want to go with the chocolate, like a tan or goldish color. Like so:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have dark brown dresses, my dress is ivory.  FI is wearing black suit, white shirt, ivory tie and vest to match me.  The other guys are wearing your typical black and white.  Flowers are ivory and white.  I didn't want the guys in a brown suit, nor did I want them wearing brown vests and ties.  The bridal shop advised me either would work but black and white is classic and still matches

so that is what we are doing.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    Agree with PP, black and white is fine, or black with brown vests (I was in a wedding where this was the case, and it looked great).  Are the girls accented in hot pink? What about black suits with hot pink vests/ties?
  • Options
    How about dark chocolate brown tuxedos? Nearly-black, but still brown, so that brown accessories go with them?
  • Options
    Go with the Black Tuxes.
  • Options
    Black goes with everything, even brown.  It's a classic that never goes out of style.
  • Options
    I'd go with black tuxes/suits.  I think brown suits just look weird and would be too matchy matchy.
  • Options
    My sister had brown bridesmaid dresses for her summer winery wedding. . . . the groom and groomsmen did a blue blazer with nice khaki pants and brown shoes.  It would depend on the formality of your wedding though.
  • Options
    For a casual fall wedding, a set of friends dressed the groomsmen in tan suits with brown ties that coordinated with the bridesmaids chocolate brown dresses.
  • Options
    i'm not a fan of black adn brown together....could you do tan or khaki coloured suits? 
  • Options
    thanks ladies! I really appreciate all the input. definitely gives me some options to think about,
  • Options
    We have tan colored suits we purchased from Jos A Banks. They always have great deals there! I think that would look really good with the brown if you aren't wanting to do black.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards