Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do bridesmaid's shoes need to match anything other than the dress?

So I've come to the conclusion that the color of shoe that will look best with a David's Bridal wisterial colored bridesmaids dress is silver. My question is, do you think it matters whether the shoes go along with anything else? It's the perfect color to go with the dress, but my decor will all be black and white with splashes of purple, so there won't be any other silver. But its just a shoe, right? So maybe it doesn't matter?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Do bridesmaid's shoes need to match anything other than the dress?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_do-bridesmaids-shoes-need-to-match-anything-other-than-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:7a557eb6-d6f3-423b-a22f-99d6507ebb0aPost:ec215f17-7d3b-4aef-860d-94f3e1df3309">Do bridesmaid's shoes need to match anything other than the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I've come to the conclusion that the color of shoe that will look best with a David's Bridal wisterial colored bridesmaids dress is silver. My question is, do you think it matters whether the shoes go along with anything else? It's the perfect color to go with the dress, but my decor will all be black and white with splashes of purple, so there won't be any other silver. But its just a shoe, right? So maybe it doesn't matter?
    Posted by finleyac[/QUOTE]

I think silver would look great. It is a nuetral color, plus your right its just a shoe, as long as it matches their dresses it will look great
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Agree with PP. And metallics are kind of diff than 'colors' ... gold looks great with warm tones and sliver with cool tones. Black and white are neutral, but purple is considered cool, so silver would be perfect. Sounds like a very pretty color scheme!
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    I've been in a wedding with a purple dress and silver shoes twice, and it was a good combination.
  • Options
    Mine is just really sparkley so it doesnt' match any of my colors either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Silver is fine.  And a lot of people do funky shoes anyhow lately so if they had non-dress matching shoes it would still be fine.  Nobody will notice, they'll blend right in
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards