New Hampshire

10k New England wedding

I am looking for venue recommendations. We are planning a wedding with a total budget of 10k. I am looking for a venue that can host both the ceremony and reception in one place, for 50-75 guests, and there must be on site or very nearby overnight accommodations for our out of town guests. We are looking in NH, VT and ME. An outdoor ceremony and indoor reception is my preference, but I'm really open to anything that keeps us under budget.

Re: 10k New England wedding

• Shattuck Golf Course in Jaffrey
    http://www.sterlinggolf.com/shattuck/wedding3.html

Sure, their webpage seriously needs an update but we had an AMAZING time there. I got really nervous before our wedding because a golf tournament happened the same day and used the same space with a three hour turn around before the wedding. However, the wedding manager pulled it all off and everything was PERFECT when we arrived. I have absolutely NO reservations about reccommending the Shattuck. It was a great experience!
  • You should check out Ragged Mountain. Their ceremony site is outside and the reception site is inside but there is also a patio area outside you can use.  They have 2 rental houses on site that sleep I think 12 people in one and 8 in the other and a smaller "apartment" that sleeps 4.  There is a private rental house on the same road as the mountain too that sleeps 10 people.  We are having 55 people and we are coming in at around $7500 for absolutely everything.  I was so excited to find this place because it is beautiful and it has no minimums which was so helpful with a small wedding.
    http://www.raggedmountainresort.com/summer/weddings.html
  • My first wedding was at the Putney Inn in Vermont, not far from Keene. http://putneyinn.com/
    I truly had an amazing wedding. On site ceremony, on site reception, on-site accomodations.  I had about 60 people at my wedding, they can accomodate many many more people.

The food is outstanding, it was one of my favorite restaurants and that's why I wanted to get married there. I negotiated site fees away and basically, I only paid for what was served that day (so I didn't pay for people who cancelled last minute). I gave them my appetizer budget and they worked within it and had a great display for the cocktail hour. I had bottles of wine out and they only charged what was used. I had open bar for beer and softdrinks. They are really expert wedding coordinators.

If I recall, I believe it cost around $3000 for the total people, including alcohol.  My entire wedding (including vendors) was under $7k.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • My daughter was married last summer at Scott Farm in Dummerston Vermont- minutes from I91 and hotels in Brattleboro.  It's a Landmark landtrust property- a working apple orchard with a newly renovated "packing barn" for receptions and an absolutely gorgeous spot in the orchard for a ceremony.  They max out at 120 people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards