Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wrong Dress

What do you when the dress you ordered 12 months ago doesn't come in?  In fact, the store ordered the wrong dress.  What now?  We have less than 5 months to our wedding.

Re: Wrong Dress

• Options
    Can they rush order the correct dress for you (on their dime of course)?

If not...they should give you whatever dress you want from there store. It'll be a sample...but you can maybe get a more expensive dress out of it maybe?!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Raise hell.  It is their fault, they should be able to rush the dress or find a suitable alternative for you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wrong-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:a3e75c6c-bb35-47c2-8f0c-6a9682259ab6Post:3f41aff5-fe5c-4e7b-ab54-3315682de25d">Re: Wrong Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raise hell.  It is their fault, they should be able to rush the dress or find a suitable alternative for you.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto on what she said! They made the mistake, it's their fault and they should take full responsibility for it! Raise hell, threat that you'd not recommend their service to anyone, etc. etc. I hope it works out for you. </div>
  • Options
    That is ridiculous! I agree with everybody Raise Hell!
  • Options
    The same thing happened to me! I didnt even get my money back over (2000 dollars). I had to go buy a new dress from another store which is nothing like my orginal. Its heartbreaking! My new dress will only come in weeks before my May wedding. Good luck with everything hope it works out!
  • Options
    Heard back from the dress store.  The lady I spoke with said that the factories they work with in China will be celebrating the Chinese New Year and will be closed for 3 weeks.  She thinks she can guarantee "my dress" by May 5--our wedding is May 15.  There is no way I'm trusting this store with such an order.  The store has a sample of my dress but it is too big for me...the lady said her seamstresses can try and make it fit.  But I have already set up an appointment at another store to try on dresses.  I'm also going to demand that the store that messed up either return my deposit or pay for a new dress; all alterations and any rush deliveries necessary.  If I have to go to another store for a dress, this store will have to pay for things there too.  

I hope none of you have to experience this.
  • Options
    That is horrible!  Make them make it right!
  • Options
    FYI - My Cousin got her dress from http://www.colettejeanbridal.com/wedding_dresses_-_pg_1 and it was amazing.  Price was right and she got it in about 5 weeks.  So, you still have time and options!

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards