Attire & Accessories Forum

What color for the Bridesmaid dresses with Gerbera Daisies?

Hi all, 
    I'm using gerbera daisies for my flowers (most likely or some other brightly colored flower) and am wondering what color to use for my BM dresses.  I'm thinking something in the blue family but not stuck on that color.
Thanks!
Jessie

Re: What color for the Bridesmaid dresses with Gerbera Daisies?

• I think you should choose dresses based on the formality of your event and your color scheme, then go from there. I think blue is a pretty color for the dresses, but there are so many shades. But you should definitely decide on dresses first before flowers.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_what-color-for-the-bridesmaid-dresses-with-gerbera-daisies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:cc0b0233-6be9-4e17-b906-2bc53fa314f2Post:907d0a44-5841-4fad-8dd6-b33dc0f6030d">Re: What color for the Bridesmaid dresses with Gerbera Daisies?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should choose dresses based on the formality of your event and your color scheme, then go from there. I think blue is a pretty color for the dresses, but there are so many shades. But you should definitely decide on dresses first before flowers.
    Posted by saharnshard[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.

If you are set on Gerberas, they come in many, many, many natural and artificially colored hues. And, if all else fails, they come in white, which would go with basically everything. Choose a color for your bridesmaids that will be flattering on them, and a bonus if it's a color that they can wear again. Don't pick their clothing color based on a flower.
  • My BMs dresses are "cornflower blue" by dessy http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6554/#.T3T2nDFmK_h

and they'll be carrying white daisies.

If your flowers don't include blue flowers, I think a blue dress would be good (maybe tend to a soft blue or a navy blue, not a bright blue or a royal blue since there might be too much bold colour all at once). Good luck deciding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards