New Hampshire
Options

venturing over from Maine and would love some advice.

My FI and I would like to spend a night in the White Mountains and do one of the zip lines in the area at the end of our mini moon trip.

I was wondering if any of you had ever done the Bretton Woods Zip Line or the Alpine Zip line and what your thoughts/advice/recommendations are.

Also, any recommendations on where to stay would also be nice.

TIA!

Re: venturing over from Maine and would love some advice.

• Options
    forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi **waves** I don't have any insight but it's nice to see a familar face poking in :-P
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I just spent last weekend at the Grand Summit in Bartlett, NH.  We spent the entire day Saturday at Attitash Mountain Resort, and had an absolute blast.  I can't offer any advice about the ziplining, but the resort was amazing and I would totally go there again.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Flick!  Like Wanna said....nice to see a familiar face over here on the NH board! 

We have not made HM plans yet--want to do a cruise, but Sept. is the wrong time of year due to hurricaine season.  So we're thinking of postpoining the cruise until January/February and doing some sort of mini-moon in either the White Mountains or near Acadia Park in Maine.

We heard about the zip line tours too, but I don't know much about them, so I'll be watching this thread---please share info when you get it, either here, or on the Sept. board.
    Smile
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jdiluvujdiluvu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All...It's my understanding from other people that have gone ziplining in the White Mtn's that's its fabulous. A group of people I work with said "it was a blast" The resort is great too. Hope you go and have a great time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi WnaB and mariegra!!!  Yeah I figured the NH girls might know best about the zip line tours.  They both look great, just wanted to personal experience/advice before we booked one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've stayed quite a few places up there.  We stayed at the Attitash Grand Summit and I agree- we loved it.

We've also stayed at the Mount Washington Hotel and a different time at the Lodge at the Mount Washington Resort (much more affordable- more like a typical hotel room), but still part of the Bretton Woods resort area.  

I'd recommend any of those options! Have fun- I love that area of NH!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards