July 2012 Weddings

Boredom poll

What wedding tradition or trend do you hate?

What beauty or health regimens have you started/will you start for the wedding?

Who is your celeb crush? (male or female)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Boredom poll

• What wedding tradition do you hate? I hate that you have to walk around and thank all of your guests and spend a couple hours doing so. I know that sounds horrible and is expected at any party you host, but I really just want to dance and enjoy my night with my new hubby!

What beauty or health regimens? - I tan on the weekends, have a facial scheduled for 3 weeks out, going to get nails a couple days before, have been working out 5 days a week and juicing during the work week at work for bfast and lunch. I will get my hair highlighted the week of the wedding too and I bought extensions for my hair. I have professionally whitened my teeth too (I use the UV gel when in a tanning bed, works wonders!)

Your celeb crush?  Channing Tatum - yummy!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What wedding tradition do you hate? I hate the bouquet/garter toss. I think it puts all of the single girls in a super awkward position. I've been at weddings where people have to drag the single girls and then everyone ducks out of the way of catching it. And the garter toss... being a plus size girl... I don't need anyone seeing how big my thigh is!

What beauty or health regimens? I've starting using tanning lotion (the Jergens natural tan) on both my torso and my face. I wanted to be tanner but I'm just freaked out about actually tanning. So I started this early enough that if it came out organe I would have time to let it wear off and get a spray tan.
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate?
    In regards to trends, I'm not a fan of trash the dress..the pictures look way cool - but something doesn't sit right with me about it.
    Getting sunburnt apparently..I sat out at the pool a few days ago..for less than 20 minutes while I worked on Shower Thank you's..and got scorched!
    Mila Kunis is one bad ninja..I wouldn't really call it a crush - I don't want to do her - just want to be her ;-) Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate? I hate dollar dances, I hate when grooms stick their head under the bride's dress for the garter, I hate that invitations require RSVP cards and stamps (seriously, I'm all about being polite but this is stupid when you think about it), I hate cake smashing, I hate all the father/daughter/mother/son dances (I would dance with my dad on my own, why do we have to dance with everyone watching?).  

Tanning, teeth whitening, I'm getting a new cut/color next week, mani/pedi the day before the wedding, and I've been doing the bar method 4 or 5 times a week. 

Eric Bana
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate? I also hate the garter and bouquet toss, dollar dance, and cake smashing. I will be doing none of it.

What beauty or health regimens have you started/will you start for the wedding? Boot camp/personal trainer, tanning, will start teeth whitening in a couple of weeks, and a mani/pedi day before.

Who is your celeb crush? (male or female) Joe Manganiello and David Beckham...my mouth is watering at the thought!  Mila Kunis is pretty BA, brightfire!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate? Well, I wouldn't say Hate, but I am personally not into First Looks. I mean, I get why they make sense and have no issue with ppl doing them, I just really wouldn't want it myself. I am too traditional, I guess!

What beauty or health regimens have you started/will you start for the wedding? I did Crest Whitestrips, but honestly was disappointed. My teeth weren't yellow or brown, just not celebrity white, and I guess I had unrealistic expectations that I would get drastic results. They pretty much look the same to me as when I started. Before the wedding, I will tan (the natural way at the pool), and I am getting mani/pedis the day before and a facial the week before.

Who is your celeb crush? (male or female) I love Paul Rudd, IDK why really. I find funny ppl really charming, and to me, he is hilarious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate? - Ditto PP with the garter and bouquet toss.  They always made me feel like everyone was pointing and laughing at me because I'm not married yet.

Side story - my one positive experience with them was at a wedding last summer when there were only a few of us umarrieds there to participate in the bouquet toss.  However, one of the girls was wheelchair-bound because she has MS.  She's a really beautiful, smart girl and has a crazy, fiery personality, so obvi she caught the bouquet and almost ran me over in the process hahaha.  Her BF ended up catching the garter and they made a whole show out of putting it on her... it was really cute and funny.  I'm pretty sure they're engaged now.

What beauty or health regimens have you started/will you start for the wedding? - I've been trying to maintain the tan that I have, but the weather is not cooperating lately.  Other than that, my gym membership expires next week, so I'll be jogging and running a lot instead.

Who is your celeb crush? (male or female) - Currently, Kathryn Hahn... she's a lethal combo of funny, smart, and beautiful.  Also, Thor... YUM.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BMore - I don't like first looks, either.  I get that they're convenient and logistically make lives easier for some people, but I always feel like they're so anti-climactic... and I'm way too traditional, too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Ditto on the bouquet and garter toss. I feel like they are always making fun of all the single people. Thank God I will never have to line up for this crap again!

Other than losing weight (Weight Watchers), and using the Crest White Strips for my teeth nothing else.

Who is your celeb crush? (male or female) Well, Leonardo DiCaprio hands down since I was a kid!! He is so scrumptious! female I would have to say Mila Kunis, she is Hot!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate?  I hate the whole first look thing.  I am pretty traditional in that sense.  I don't want my FI seeing me until I come down that aisle.

What beauty or health regimens have you started/will you start for the wedding?  I started doing crest white strips and having been watching my diet.  I also am trying to tan by the pool but that's about it.

Anniversary
     Like lvissers, I don't like the whole spending almost every minute mingling with guests. I get it, it's polite, but come on. I never go to a wedding and expect the bride or groom to say hi to me. I just think they are too busy finally relaxing! Plus, considering FI hardly knows most of his family, it's just going to be awkward.

And I heard the one of the main regrets a married couple has about their wedding is that they hardly saw their spouse because they got seperated because of the mingling. My FI and I have agreed to not leave each other's side... except for potty breaks :)

Tanning, teeth whitening, jogging and hair color. My sister, who works at a reputable salon, is coloring and styling my hair. She's even giving me extensions! And for a discount! I'm so stinking excited, I never thought in my life would I would get extensions. And all this time I've spent growing my hair out!
  • What wedding tradition or trend do you hate? dollar dances. UGH. I also hate when grooms get all trashy and put their faces under their new wife's dress to get the garter. I also hate when couples actually smash cake into each other's faces/hair. If any cake goes anywhere other than into my mouth, IMA BE PISSED. 

What beauty or health regimens have you started/will you start for the wedding? tanning, teeth whitening, more weight lifting/toning, doing hydration masks on my face a few times a week, exfoliating

Who is your celeb crush? (male or female) male: channing tatum or ryan gosling. female: lady gaga or emma stone. have you seen her vogue cover?? OMG its stunning. and good call on mila kunis, pretty sure she is my fiance's celeb crush right now, she is smoking! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards