Attire & Accessories Forum

To sash or not?

My dress is Kendra by MS in Alabastor and I am thinking of adding a black sash just under the bust line/natural waist.  Nothing to over the top, but just enough to add the pop I think it's missing.  Here are a couple I found on Etsy and I just wanted your opinions.
My dress...

Sash ideas...

Re: To sash or not?

• the sash is cute but your dress is soo elegant the way it is, i don't know if the sash would clash with the little bling you have on your hip.  so i guess i'd say, not to sash.  if you feel like you need something else, maybe you could get another blingy applique, like the one on your hip, and put it up on your ribs where the rouching comes down to your waist, that might help add a little something else without taking away from your dress.  like i said, it's beautiful the way it is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think a sash will distract from the design of the dress too.  Is there anyway to add a pop of color to the decorative piece on the side?
  • I like sashes, but I wouldn't do black.  I just don't like the stark contrast, but that's just me.
  • I don't think your dress needs a sash but if you really want one I wouldn't do black and I wouldn't do a fabric flower.

If you did any sash at all I would do one that consisted of rhinestones and other bling to coordinate with the embellishment at your hip.

• I vote no sash, unless you can find one that matches the color of the dress and has embellishment similar to the embelishment on your dress.  It looks great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ran out to Wally World and picked up some 2" wide ribbon and you ladies are right, the black is too much and it does take away from my gown.  I found a wonderful crystal one thru my local bridal salon, but I can't stomach dropping $275 on a sash I'll only wear for a few hours.  That's more than I spent on my dress!  So no sash it it!  Thank you all for your imput and saving me the $60 I was about to drop on the flower sash.
  • JennLaxJennLax member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    You should look for similar crystal sashes on Etsy :) Then you could get something close to your dream one at a fraction of the price!

http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=crystal+bridal+sash&view_type=gallery&ship_to=CA
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards