New Hampshire

Cake Delimma

I met with a cake lady this past weekend....besides her being very rude the flavorless cakes refusal to use fresh flowers and insisting of the use of fondant...i guess there wasnt really anything to leave me excited about this whole cake thing....I am having an outdoor wedding in september but I DO NOT WANT FONDANT! im having a hard time finding a place that will make a cake that I WANT not what THEY WANT TO MAKE ME! Its not like im asking for a elborate cake its actually very simple....does anyone have recommendations from bakers in the state that will actually listen to me and make it my way??

Wedding Countdown Ticker 140 Invitedimage 72 Ready to Partyimage 0 Party Poopersimage 68 MIA image

Re: Cake Delimma

• edited December 2011
    We tested at Michelle's Bakery in Manchester.  The cake was very yummy and she only uses buttercream and a lot of her cakes used fresh flowers.  We wanted a mix of fondant and buttercream so we didn't end up going with her, but I think she may be what you're looking for.  And she was reasonably priced, as I recall.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I used Cakes 5th Avenue out of  Pelham.  The cake was delicious.  She used fondant for me, but I know she'll do just buttercream if that's what you want.

www.cakes5thavenue.com

ETA:  I also tested Sweet Cierra's out of Manchester.  Her buttercream was simply wonderful tasting. 
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Chickadee Hill is my favorite!  They're really accommodating and listen.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jacques cakes in Suncook.  We worked with Tom to design our cake and he was great!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where you are in the state, but Creative Cakes by Debby and Crosby's in Nashua are some local favorites.  We used Frederick's Pastries for our wedding and had buttercream frosting!  I've also heard good things about Hippie Chick Bakery.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Wild Orchid Baking Company in North Hampton, NH and we had a buttercream cake with fresh flowers on it. She does many different things though, she has even made special flavored cake for clients based on how their aunt's peach cobbler tasted!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Jacques and I got complete control over the design.  They show you some predone designs but we picked and chose until we got it just right.  They even supplied the flowers after talking to my florist.  We had buttercream.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be going with Jacques as well, and they made an absolutely flawless buttercream cake for my grandparents' 50th anniversary.  Incredibly delicious, as well!  The flowers for that cake were  buttercream, but as PP's have said I know they will use fresh flowers if you want them!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Jacques and had buttercream and it was amazing! And we had complete control over the design as well.
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on creative cakes by debby. Her buttercream is amazing and we are having fresh flowers put on it as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a cake tasting with Cakes 5th Avenue tomorrow. She seems really nice, I sent her pictures of ideas that I like and she was very receptive.  I'll let you know how it goes! 

I ordered a sample from Michelle's in Manchester...Super yummy and great prices.
    Anniversary
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're using black bunny bakery in elliot. Kara has been great and very receptive!!
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • Debbie111111Debbie111111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Wild Orchid Bakery, too.  I just wish we could afford a 12 tier cake so we could eat all the flavors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards