Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Color to match Marine Dress Blues?

My Fiance is a Marines and I'm looking for colors to match his Marine blue.  I'm thinking gold or a pearly silver but also looking for another color that will match both the gold or silver and the blue.  Any ideas?  I'm trying to stay away from red.

Re: Color to match Marine Dress Blues?

• Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    gold, pearl, champagne... the lighter neutrals definitely.

But if you need real color in your life?  Jewel tones would look lovely - think deep purples and dark teals. 
    Purples because a lot of the Class A uniforms have the red accents, but stay on the red side of purple - more like a red grape/raspberry color.
    Teals... because I've seen it done.  I can't explain why, but it looks great.

My FH was in the Air Force, and one of our closest friends is a Marine, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

I colored up the text, because I know we have a debate in my house on what "teal" really is... and I wanted to make sure. Laughing
  • Options
    Why not do a gold and black or silver and black wedding? I thinkt the black and silver would be beautiful together.

http://www.wedthemes.com/black-gold-wedding-theme.shtml
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    the great thing about military dress uniforms is that they're considered neutrals on their own.

so... whatever color you want!

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards