New Hampshire

Any advice on photographers or seamstresses in/near Durham?

I'm on quite a tight budget and I'm having trouble finding a lot of vendors for decent prices in the Durham-ish area. The store I got my dress at was moving to a new location(I got it 80% off!) so they are unable to do alterations. As for a photographer, I have no idea where to begin. I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with people in this area, or even tips on how to find/select them.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
Natural m/c: 10/17/11
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Me (Katie)
DX:PCOS
DH (Adam
Married 10/11/12
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
TTC #1 since 3/12

Re: Any advice on photographers or seamstresses in/near Durham?

• When we were searching for our photographer, we met with Jen Perkes - http://www.jenperkes.com - she was extremely reasonably priced, and her photography is beautiful, it just wasn't quite what we wanted for our wedding.  She is a really wonderful person (actually one of my husband's former coworkers, photography is her side business!).

However, keep in mind that with NH not being a terribly large state, it's not uncommon for vendors to travel for low or no fees, so don't be afraid to expand your search outside of "your area," particularly if you're looking for a deal.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • When interviewing photog's, be sure to ask to see their full album, not just the "chosen few" they've decided to put on their web site or facebook page!
    Anniversary
  • MOG730MOG730 member
    First Comment
    There is a new seamstress in the Lafayette Plaza in Portsmouth, might be worth a look.
     As far as a photographer you are so close to your date it may be harder to find.Nicole Ryan in Nottingham and Cynthia Scudera in Portsmouth are both very reasonable.
  • john loconte right on the nh/ma border is amazing! www.johnlophoto.com i cannot recommend him enough. i got my dress work down in CT when i lived there so i wouldnt be too much help with that. best of luck!
  • contact Stacy Pestka. She is out of Maine but will travel and her rates were way below anyone else I looked at. She is amazing and took all the shots I wanted. She will give you a complete consult before hand. You wont be disappointed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards