Snarky Brides

Judgey stuff

Lets do a new assholey twist on judgey stuff.  List stuff you do that is judgeworthy (and don't be lame and post "I judge myself for eating that cupcake" LIST THE GOOD STUFF).  Or at least stuff you've seen judged on TK.

I clip my nails at work.  I justify this because In my office, where I am the youngest and the only female, literally every other person does it.  They don't care = I don't care. 

I walk my dog on a retractable leash.

I get my hair cut maybe twice a year.

I expect people to take their shoes off in my house.

panther

Re: Judgey stuff

• I've heard people be judgey about retractable leashes because it encourages dogs to run all over the place when you're walking them, so you have less control of your dog.  But yeah, whatever.  I do what I want, lol.

I haven't heard people be judgey about it on TK, but where I live, oh yes.
    panther
  • I am incredibly vain, and spent a ridiculous amount of time looking at myself. If there is a reflective surface, I'm in it. I get called out for it all the time. But it doesn't stop me from doing it.
  • Ohhhh....this sounds fun!
    Let's see....

I'm 5"4 nothing, but walk like I'm 500 pounds.

I tend to slam doors...cupboards...drawers. Not intentionally, it just happens.

I have my own office and tend to walk around barefoot at work.

{I hope I got this right...first time taking part}     Cool

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I had seat-fillers/B list at my wedding. No one gave two fuuucks, since they were eating and drinking on our dime. My friends are really loud and open, so they would have said something.

Muni said something the other day about not being able to fathom a situation where people would give GCs at a shower--my IL's shower was all GCs, lol.  They didn't want us to have to lug home a ton of stuff, so they just gave us GCs in the amount of stuff off the registry and it was the best thing ever. We got to pick and choose what we really wanted from our registry.
  • Oh BJS - looks like we have something in common :)
    panther
  • I have TK up and running all day every day while I'm at work.  I don't pull it up if I get really busy doing something, but it's there if I wanted to.

Sadie is allowed to run out our door and into the small patch of grass next to our apartment without a collar or leash but either H or I are with her.
  • Oh I do that too Rach. I plan outfits like a week in advance. But only when I go out, because I literally do not have one ounce of care what people here think of me.

My dogs are outside for most of the day. They are in the house in the evenings and weekends when we are home. They have fresh water and food and shade and even a little swimming pool, but I get the feeling a lot of people here judge "outside" dogs.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:f84dc80f-e4a1-4245-b1fa-17c64e7c043f">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have dog hair.all.over.the.house.  With four dogs, it's impossible not  to have hair everywhere.  If you visit my house, I'll be happy to provide you with a hair remover but I can tell ya, you're most likely going get some hair on your clothes. We have a bark collar for our beagle.  We don't use it often but we have used it in the past.  I would rather have to use the collar than find a new home for her.  She's a beagle - she can be loud.  And while we have nice neighbors, when a beagle is barking her ass off at 3am, the nice goes out the window.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I actually lol'd at this! I have ONE...I repeat ONE dog and there's hair EVERYWHERE!
    I have a Pug and they are known for they heavy duty shedding. I have lint brushes in the bathroom and by the front door!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:eb6e2154-e026-48b0-816b-3484cc64b9ab">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh BJS - looks like we have something in common :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

It's a sickness.  But it is what it is.  I care how I look and what people are seeing when they look at me. And while I don't imagine I'm a supermodel, I don't scare small children, so I think I'm ok ;)
  • I shower every other day (unless I'm working out a lot/in training for a race). I wash my hair even less frequently, maybe twice a week. But, I do change my undies daily, because ew.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I also spend a good portion of my time at the office barefoot.  The only place I refuse to go barefoot is the bathroom.
  • If being vain is a sickness then I'm probably terminal.  F/ck.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:318960e8-c147-4b83-a7f5-dd38a6fb1f7a">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I shower every other day (unless I'm working out a lot/in training for a race). I wash my hair even less frequently, maybe twice a week. But, I do change my undies daily, because ew.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Oh I forgot about this - when I'm wearing my hair straight (which is any time except when it's hot), I only wash it once a week. I touch it up every day with the flatiron and stuff, but it only gets washed on Sundays.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:a19ac044-f129-4179-bffe-37f8a49dfbef">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]If being vain is a sickness then I'm probably terminal.  F/ck.

That's ok - we'll look good when we're dead!
  • We rarely leash Nala.  Most of our hiking is in open space or wilderness, and she stays with us.  We also have dog and cat hair all over the house, jcb.  Daily vacuuming does not eliminate it.  That's what lint rollers are for.

I clip my nails at work too.  Not a full-on manicure, but if I have a sharp edge or hangnail I'm going to take care of it.  I have a private office, and I doubt anyone even knows.

I judge a certain friend's parenting decisions.  Frequently.  I hope her children turn out ok.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I also clip my nails at work.  And on the train during my commute.  I defend this by saying I do it quickly and no one is usually around.

• I don't have enough pairs of those footie sock things so most of the time when I am wearing my work flats I am socks-less.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:40c4e023-da1b-4d6c-9ec1-55323865d7db">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, BJ's...shiny, reflective surfaces. I got ya.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

My best guy friend gives me a hard time whenever I do it lol - "You're still pretty, don't worry!!!"
  • I used a retractable leash until it broke and I had to carry Geno the whole way home. He was only 20lbs at the time but it was a biiitch!!

I also don't have a collar on the dogs while I'm home. However, I found out last night someone in the town next to us is letting people's gates open on purpose. I'll be going to buy a lock for our gate tomorrow. Assholes.

Yesterday I got a baby gift in the mail and I judged the shhit out of it. I know it's a gift and people don't have to give gifts but I did. I also hate when my MIL gives us homemade gifts.

I haven't waxed my eyebrows since H left. I'm just lazy and don't feel like going. You'd all judge my eyebrows right now.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:b2872e2d-bab5-476d-8447-1c0e20c724dc">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I have TK up and running all day every day while I'm at work.  I don't pull it up if I get really busy doing something, but it's there if I wanted to</strong>. Posted by Brandi0714[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll just minimize it whenever I get busy (there's a lot of ebb and flo with my new job), and then once I'm lunch or have some downtime, I'll just maximize it and refresh the screen.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:d6bae021-fed4-4247-8c4e-40802a30deb4">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also spend a good portion of my time at the office barefoot.  The only place I refuse to go barefoot is the bathroom.
    Posted by Brandi0714[/QUOTE]

YaY! I'm not the only one! Ya. there's no way in hell I would walk around in the bathroom barefoot. {barf}
  • Why do people hate nail clipping at work? Is it the sound? Filing is the part that gets to me. ::shiver::
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:1d5281ae-a9b5-4e9c-9bb7-d324e618415b">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do people hate nail clipping at work? Is it the sound? Filing is the part that gets to me. ::shiver::
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

I think it's the sound. I have a friend who is always complaining that peole at her job are cutting their nails. I have never heard anyone do it, so I don't know what it sounds like from that point of view.
  • I shower every other day.

The only makeup I wear regularly is eyeliner.  I am completely inept when it comes to anything else.  Except maybe moisturizer.

I'm horrible at remembering to clean out the fridge.

The cats shed so much, there's probably enough fur for another full-grown cat migrating around.  I try to keep up with the sweeping but until the heat breaks, fur is a way of life.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I think I'm the hot chick at work.

Surprised
    panther
  • I had a head table, a dollar dance and only hosted beer, wine and soda at our wedding (the rest was cash bar).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:1d5281ae-a9b5-4e9c-9bb7-d324e618415b">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do people hate nail clipping at work? Is it the sound? Filing is the part that gets to me. ::shiver::
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]
    I don't like it because it's personal grooming. Leave that shiiit at home or at least do it in the bathroom.

I do all sorts of stuff while I'm driving. Yeah, I know, I'm a danger. Whatever.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:5faedf50-75a8-4235-8fa2-466e7f2fc375">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>KNOW</strong> I'm the hot chick at work.

FTFY
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't like clipping nails at work because nail clippings gross me out.  I don't know why.  They just do.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_judgey-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:00636825-daa4-45d9-8c14-2ac7e962fd70Post:5faedf50-75a8-4235-8fa2-466e7f2fc375">Re: Judgey stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I'm the hot chick at work.

You probably are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards