Snarky Brides
Options

The face only a mother could love

was my H's suprise at lunch yesterday! His name is Cash. He's a Boston Terrier and he's four months old. H does his clinicals for grad school at the local youth shelter and one of the workers needed to re-home him. He hopped in his lap, gave him the sad puppy dog eyes and now we have a dog!

So far he is a really cool dog. For only four months old, he's really well behaved. He's even house broken. The only thing that has been rough is night-time. Puppy cries have to be the saddest thing ever. Any dog owners have any tips? Not just for night-time, but anything?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: The face only a mother could love

• Options
    Awww, he's cute.  MIL's dog is part Boston Terrier, and he is the coolest dog.  Very intelligent.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Aww he's so cute, MILF.  Don't tell my H.  He's been trying to convince me to let him get a dog for a while now.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Give in, B! I've been harping on my poor H ***forever***. I've wanted a dog so long. I was shocked when I met him at lunch yesterday and he had a leash in his hand.

Les, I can see that! He picks up on things very quickly and knows his name and who we are. My parents had a siberian husky and that poor girl is not the smartest. So I have been impressed by Mr. Cash.
  • Options
    Oh he is cute.  I want to squish his face.  *squish*
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm seriously terrified of dogs, though.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Oh I love him! Congrats!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I think he's a cutie. He likes getting his faced squished, Raynes.

In that case, no dog for you, B. I would understand that.
  • Options
    I'm probably going to give in.  I figure if we get a puppy and we train it I won't have as much to fear.  H wants a pug.  Are they good dogs?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I used to be afraid of dogs as a kid. Large dogs that jump and nip a lot that I don't know still intimidate me a bit. But I think training is key. And look into the breed and stay away from the agressive ones, of course. I've heard pugs are very good dogs.
  • Options
    That makes me feel a bit better, because that pretty much exactly describes how I feel, only add in there little dogs that jump and nip too (I watched one bite through my friend's arm once).

I'll have to look into this.  He keeps begging like a little kid.

You got a really cute dog, though :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2010
    Betrothed:  I think pugs are great dogs.  They are really friendly and have such great personalities.  Mine is almost four years old, and I love her to bits.  On the downside, they shed a ton, their face wrinkles need constant care, and they can be prone to a lot of different health problems especially with their knees and skin, and with breathing.  Also, they want to be with you all the time, preferably in your lap.  For some this is an endearing quality (I love it), but for others it can be a little too much togetherness.

048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Look into it. But definitely don't do it until you're completely comfortable . We waited a loooong time and I'm still surprised H decided we were ready. If you're seriously considering, I would visit shelters and play with the different dogs. A couple of the shelters around here even let you have a 48-hour trial run with the dog before you adopt.

I think our new pup is cute. My brother was making some pretty funny ugly dogs when he saw him yesterday. But the ladies especially love him.
  • Options
    OMG I love him. Puppies are the best.
    imageimage
  • Options
    MIAF - I think Cash is adorable.  Congrats!
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_face-only-mother-could-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:02c26cc0-0125-44c8-aa75-4477e8d41ba2Post:01fc119f-eff2-4cb8-b80e-d7fe5ca43bed">Re: The face only a mother could love</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I love him. Puppies are the best.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Squee! I know, right?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_face-only-mother-could-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02c26cc0-0125-44c8-aa75-4477e8d41ba2Post:bab58ef1-51b3-4fdf-94e1-aafa57a67f1a">Re: The face only a mother could love</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The face only a mother could love : Squee! I know, right?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Absolutely squeeworthy
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info, ladies.  I'll have to do my research.  H would be thrilled if I surprised him with a puppy. 

Christine- I did not know that about the wrinkles.  H keeps telling me their eyes pop out sometimes and that grosses me the hell out.  I have issues with eyes.  The wanting to be with you constantly doesn't bother me.  That sounds like my cat.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Betrothed:  Eeww.  The idea of eyes popping out is gross.  To put your mind at rest, unless a pug has a seriously deformed head (or a severe accident) the eyes are not going to pop out.
  • Options
    For some reason, the phrase "eyes popping out" made me laugh. Your sig quote kinda pisses me off though, B. I'm not sure if I just didn't pay attention before or what. What an evil heifer! I'll shank her for ya.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_face-only-mother-could-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02c26cc0-0125-44c8-aa75-4477e8d41ba2Post:774e8538-9f45-4561-986e-9812704cad70">Re: The face only a mother could love</a>:
    [QUOTE]Betrothed:  Eeww.  The idea of eyes popping out is gross.  To put your mind at rest, unless a pug has a seriously deformed head (or a severe accident) the eyes are not going to pop out.
    Posted by christinesb19[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I did not know that, and that does help his case a bit.  From the way he was describing it this was a very common problem.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Congrats MIAF! He's so cute.

Our apartment complex doesn't allow dogs unfortunately.  : (

But I love Boston Terriers and French Bulldogs.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Betrothed:  They can have a lot of eye issues (my sister's pug needs eye drops every other day for the rest of her life), so if eye stuff freaks you out in general that may be a problem.
  • Options
    He did promise he'd do all of the care, and if it comes to eye issues I would definitely hold him to that.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Aww! What a cute puppy. Congrats on the new addition :D
  • Options
    YAY for puppies. MILF just got married and now she's a new mommy! Love Mr.Cash, he looks like a great dog.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hahah. Thanks guys! I love the new addition comments.
  • Options
    Get an alarm clock that ticks - you can pick um up at Target for a few bucks. Wrap it in a baby blanket and the puppy whill think its his mother or some other friend close by b/c it reminds them of a heartbeat. Its worked on many peoples pets.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    He's adorable! Puppies are so much fun.  He'll get settled into your home and routine soon. 
  • Options
    I love your puppy MILF.  I just want to love him and pet him and squeeze him and akdjvelrksmv!!!
    panther
  • Options

I wuv him already. He's not in a crate right now. He's just in a doggie bed in the kitchen. He seems to like it well enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards