Re: The face only a mother could love

• Options
    Congrats on the new durg, MIAF!
  • Options
    Thanks Zip!

Puggles really are adorable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Btw, MILF.  This is how much of an idiot I am: I JUST NOW understood your cocaine bear.
    panther
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ooohh he's so cute!!! Congrats on your new dog-baby!! I'm so happy he has a new loving home!

ETA: He'll get used to sleeping in his crate at night, just be sure to stick with it and not give into him by putting him in your bed. Occassionally my pup still cries when I put him in a bed but a stern look and a firm "No!" will quiet him down. I've crate trained two dogs and they both learned to love it. Also, I've never had to get them into a routine, I just put them in bed when I go to bed.
  • Options
    We got our dog when he was 4 months too, it is the perfect age since you can skip right into real training. They still are limited in how long they can go without going outside, but it is more reasonable at 4 months.

Ours cried a lot at night at first, and also had terrible separation anxiety. We crate trained him and kept the crate in our room at night, and it fixed all the problems like magic. He just needed a routine and to be able to see us when he woke up at night.

Now that he's older we leave his crate open, but he still goes in it at the 'routine' times. Just afterwards he comes out and sleeps on the floor next to the bed where I can reach him to pet him at night. :)
  • Options
    Haha. I love the cocaine bear. He's staying in his dog bed so far. I think we're going to try to just tough it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cash looks like he does sad puppy dog eyes very well!

Congrats. :)

Betrothed -- I love dogs, but I do not love all dogs equally.  I'm not a fan of pugs.  The constant snorting drives me crazy, and I've never met one who wasn't ridiculously stubborn.  I'm sure most pug lovers would disagree with me, but -- in general -- I don't think pugs are a fantastic breed for first time dog owners. 
  • Options
    Until our pup was about 7 months old, we kept her in her dog crate at night which was in our bedroom.  We just didn't trust her roaming the house at night without supervision.  I think being in close proximity to us was enough for her so she didn't cry.  Also, try to tire him out at night.  A tired puppy makes for happy puppy parents! You just got him yesterday, so he's still trying to adjust to his new surroundings.  Give it a week, I'm sure he'll be fine.  Good luck!

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_face-only-mother-could-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02c26cc0-0125-44c8-aa75-4477e8d41ba2Post:393cd2da-b370-48a5-9942-4a6244d7b71b">Re: The face only a mother could love</a>:
    [QUOTE]Betrothed -- I love dogs, but I do not love all dogs equally.  I'm not a fan of pugs.  The constant snorting drives me crazy, and I've never met one who wasn't ridiculously stubborn.  I'm sure most pug lovers would disagree with me, but -- in general -- I don't think pugs are a fantastic breed for first time dog owners. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    I'm just coming back to this thread, but I wanted to say thanks for you input, Celles.  That's very good information to have.  H has had a few dogs before but I've never had one so that's something to keep in mind.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_face-only-mother-could-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02c26cc0-0125-44c8-aa75-4477e8d41ba2Post:393cd2da-b370-48a5-9942-4a6244d7b71b">Re: The face only a mother could love</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cash looks like he does sad puppy dog eyes very well! Congrats. :) Betrothed -- I love dogs, but I do not love all dogs equally.  I'm not a fan of pugs.  The constant snorting drives me crazy, and I've never met one who wasn't ridiculously stubborn.  I'm sure most pug lovers would disagree with me, but -- in general -- I don't think pugs are a fantastic breed for first time dog owners. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

As a pug owner, I have to say that I agree with you that they are very stubborn.  This can make them difficult to train.  I've found that mine does much better when she is on a schedule for meal times, bed times, potty breaks, etc.  They are a very fun breed, but definitely not for everyone.
    048C2A9Jessica-Ahrens-photogra-2280385165-O_zps1ad80309-1_zps1e997449 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards