Snarky Brides
Options

G'mornin

Hows everyone doing today?

I got up early to go into work early since I missed yesterday and I figured it would make the clusterfuck a fraction less stressful if I atleast put an extra hour in.

We are having a "food truck event" in my area next month, 16 food trucks from my area (the canadian side and the american side!) will be at this winery and you get free wine and each truck is paired with another wine. I bought my tickets lastnight and I am SO pumped to go!

Have a good day everyone :)

Re: G'mornin

• Options
    Nebb that sounds awesome. I was obsessed with the great food truck race on the food network awhile back and that sounds similar! I am about to start driving. This trip is terrible.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I got up so early this morning that even Whisky was still asleep and not interested in breakfast. That never happens. And I remembered I have to work Sunday to make up for a day I'm missing next week...that really blows.

I just checked my school account for next semester, and 20 students are signed up for my creative writing class, with another 20 on the waitlist. That's more than I had last semester!

Also, my book should be done with the formatting May 9th, which means we can finish the cover after that. I think I may be able to get this thing out by the beginning of June. I'm excited.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Those last two are exciting sesh! Thats really great news. The other one isnt, I hate putting in extra time because i have to miss work.

Brandi, where are you driving?
  • Options

The good think about working Sundays is no one is here, so I can bring in my DVD player. I bring it in occasionally, and just leave it closed or half-closed (I've seen the movies so many times that I can just listen to them). But when no one is here, I can watch as well.

I have to work this Sunday because next week is a book event (speaking to kids at an elementary school) and then another at the end of the month so I can take off the day of H's gum surgery. Gah I hate working Sundays. It just feels wrong.

• Options
    Morning guys, Nebb- I'm totally jealous of the food truck stuff! Sesh- I made it to chapter 5 last night and would have kept going but I was so tired. I really enjoy it so far! I have to go to the grocery store today. I feel like I'm in a rut. Nothing sounds good so I'm sure I'll come home with some random stuff.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, edie, all 8 hours. I could take PTO, but I'm trying to save it for my vacation in June.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    lol sesh that reminds me of a guy I used to work with a few years back, we workedin the office for a leather coat shop (not near the shop, in another city) and it was only just him and I working there and almost every day he would play Remember the Titans on his computer but just listen to it. I could always hear it coming from his office and it always made me laugh.
  • Options
    Nebb I'm driving to Harrison, AR. It's a small town about two and a half hours away. We have an office up there. It sucks because the road you take is called a highway, but it's not... It's a windy road through the mountains with lots of tractor trailers.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I know it would mean we wouldnt HAVE most of the stuff we have, but I would be totally happy if transports werent allowed on the roads. I hate those damn things. If they arent going too slow, theyre going too fast and driving recklessly.
  • Options
    Every day, nebb? As much as I can watch movies over and over again, even I would get tired of that.
  • Options
    Nebb, I tend to agree. Sesh congrats on book progress! It's funny that you mentioned whiskey not wanting anything to do with getting up because my puppy did the same thing. She kind of did this noise and went back to sleep.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    That sounds like fun Nebb. We have a food truck gathering each month here but the lines are usually insane. I've resigned myself to just visiting the ones that visit my work. We have a soup truck on Mondays thatr is phenomenal. 

Congrats on the book progress Sesh! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good morning. Its raining here still. I have some crafts to do and some cleaning. My pool is getting opened today! Thats pretty exciting. Now all we need is the warm weather lol
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Good morning!  Sesh, that's exciting about your class enrollment and book!  Congrats!

Apparently one of the smoke detectors in our house has a dead battery.  This morning it was beeping every 15 minutes and that made Sebastian and Bella act all crazy pants.  Sebastian kept trying to get into every single nook and cranny he could, he would shaking like a stereotypical Chihuahua, and jumped on the ledge of the bathtub then fell in because he was shaking so bad.  Bella wouldn't go anywhere near the study (which is where the crates are) so I had to go all dangling carrot on her with a treat (Bella is 150lbs dog btw) and partially drag/pat her.  That made for an interesting morning and work is a lovely change from my crazy house.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:G'mornin:[QUOTE]That sounds like fun Nebb. We have a food truck gathering each month here but the lines are usually insane. I've resigned myself to just visiting the ones that visit my work. We have a soup truck on Mondays thatr is phenomenal.nbsp;Congrats on the book progress Sesh!nbsp; Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    Food trucks are still pretty new here and in a lot of places they are meeting opposition from city council, blablabla infringing on the rights of regular restaurants blablabla, so they have these "food truck eats" events to build up awareness. The only city nearby that they can run the way a food truck is supposed to run is the next city over and it would use my entire lunch just getting over there, sad face.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    Morning.  I got practically ran off the road by a dump truck this morning.  I'm considering e-mailing the company.  But I always chicken out about that kind of thing.

We were supposed to get really strong storms last night and we got nothing.  Not a drop, not a single thunderclap.  I didn't water my garden because it was supposed to rain at any time.  Oh well, there's always tonight.
  • Options
    OMG Food trucks. Yum, I love everything about them. We have a few really good ones around here.

Morning, ladies! I have a pretty busy day ahead of me (but with wedding brain, it will probably take me 10 hours to do my 6 hours of work today, blah!) and then I'm out for the weekend. woop!

Have a good day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Duds im jealous. The best we are going to get is 75 on saturday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pirate - I would email them. My dad owns a trucking company and once in awhile people call to complain about his drivers. It helps him know whats going on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!

I'm head-achey this morning.  The weather is crappy so that might have something to do with it.  I must have been half blind getting dressed this morning.  It looks like the neighbor's powdered detergent has won again in regards to making my clothes look gross.  I really don't understand how it manages to get all over my laundry.  You'd think it would wash out, but that's totally what it is.  So, I'm wearing a black shirt with detergent smudges all over it.  I'm hoping I can rinse it in the bathroom sink and at least look a little less scrub-bum like today...
  • Options
    Morning!

I have today off and have a zillion errands to run.  Lots of little wedding things to do today.

Nebb- food tuck thing sounds awesome.  The only food truck we ever had around here was an ice cream truck growing up, but it turned out the guy who had it was a pervert and was touching little kids so that only lasted a few summers. 

We took my little RB to Chucky Cheese last night to spend some time with him before the chaos of wedding begins.  I'm not sure who had a better time- him or FI.  Right after we took him home Fi looked at me and said  "we gotta get one of those"  LOL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I'd do it pirate, how else will they know? Also, you don't have to do it face to face so don't worry!
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Good morning!

I'm babysitting for a friend's 4 year old daughters (twins) from 10:15 to 3:00 today.  I am going to need all of the energy I can get.

Pirate I was wondering what the weather up by you was like last night.  We didn't get any bad weather down here either, but I don't think it was supposed to come this far south/east anyway.  I know there was a tornado warning in Durham/surrounding area. 
  • Options
    My pit bull was terrified of a chirping smoke detector. She would cower down and shake uncontrollably. She was also afraid of plastic bags blowing around outside. Of course, she was also know to hide behind us if a stranger came in the house so she wasn't exactly a brave dog in general. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning!

The week is half over, thank goodness!

Also, Nebb - H and I were talking about going to that food truck event too. I think it'll be awesome!
  • Options
    Duds, I like that recipe idea!  I would have never thought to do that with lasagna.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:G'mornin:[QUOTE]Morning!The week is half over, thank goodness! Also, Nebb H and I were talking about going to that food truck event too. I think it'll be awesome! Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]
    Doitdoitdoit!! We have tix for sunday.
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Celtic, I wonder what made him so afraid of plastic bags.

My dog is terrified of the big trash can and recycling bins outside if they are out of their normal place.  When they are sitting next to the deck, she doesn't bat an eye at them.  But when we move them down to the curb on trash days, she freaks the eff out if you try to walk her near them.  It's so weird.  

Edit: just realized that your dog is a her, not a him - sorry!
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Duds, you'll have to let me know if you like that recipe. It looks tasty. I've also seen a recipe for something similar except the filling is ricotta, cream cheese and spinach (or whatever leafy green you prefer).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_gmornin-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:070ba942-09c0-48b1-a8b1-17cba9c8a5aaPost:e66dd5bb-5fa1-4677-b9b5-16f57abe983b">Re: G'mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]My pit bull was terrified of a chirping smoke detector. She would cower down and shake uncontrollably. She was also afraid of plastic bags blowing around outside. Of course, she was also know to hide behind us if a stranger came in the house so she wasn't exactly a brave dog in general. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

<div>Add the vacuum, lighting, thunder, water, and things that squeak to that list and you have Sebastian.  He tried to climb into the dishwasher this morning.  He's so weird. </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards