Snarky Brides

**Knot Lilli**

I sent you an email and haven't gotten a response.

Also, Eagles has some questions for you.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: **Knot Lilli**

• Looks like you guys aren't BFFs anymore.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I wrote on the mod board about the censorship and basically got the explanation that because people complained about the "vulgar" language, they are enforcing it more strictly. But really I strongly disagree that regular swear words are to the level of being vulgar enough to censor. So I'm engaging in a free speech debate. lol.
  • KL could say shee.ts and shot.s on the mod board so she didn't think they were banned. But um we still can't say them?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Shirt.s is blocked too.
  • NebbNebb member
    So what I gather from this, talking about more than one shirt is more offensive than calling you all cunts. Got it.
  • From the mod board in response to asking for a list of blocked words:

"Hi guys, 
    Thanks for all the feedback. Anna- I will look into why PMs would not be working. As for the list, I know a couple of people said shot.s(edited to post) and sheet,s(edited to post)  were not working this weekend. They should not be the case. I refreshed the list, so hopefully that will get rid of the bug. I can't really post the list of profanity because it ranges from mild, to extremely inappropriate. Our TOS state that swearing and profanity is not allowed on the boards. We have gotten a ton of complaints from new members and regulars that feel the swearing has gotten out of control and people are starting to find it extremely offensive. Because we do have it stated in our TOS, we are going to need to do a better job of enforcing it."
  • My response of "lolcuntlol" was removed from a thread. That is so beyond lame to me.
  • Actually the TOS does NOT state that swearing is not allowed. It says "vulgar, obscene, or otherwise harmful". Last I checked, regular swearing was protected under the First Amendment as not considered obscene by the SCOTUS.
  • I'd love to know what "regulars" complained. Cuz I'm betting there were none.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:2b3d84e8-4155-48b3-b5f1-30909f5722fd">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually the TOS does NOT state that swearing is not allowed. It says "vulgar, obscene, or otherwise harmful". Last I checked, regular swearing was protected under the First Amendment as not considered obscene by the SCOTUS.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I imagine you saying BOOM right after that!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • This makes me want to add a swear to every post I makefuck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:3c8911a7-12ff-4882-9d57-57ec1b6e819e">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to know what "regulars" complained. Cuz I'm betting there were none.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

This is my thought as well.

But really, shi.rts?
  • Also, I get a kick out of imagining the Knot Gods updating their banned words list, grumbling "Goddamn those foul-mouthed regs adding another 'i' to shiiiiit" under their breath.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:eda07b60-4979-4339-9c8b-e89e3c2495c9">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see the banned word list just to laugh at it.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I'm thinking</div><div>
    </div><div>Otherwise we may end up with another ppost all about testing out which cuss words DO work.</div>
  • Eags, KL says she doesn't know why those words are banned and it was working for her. But we need her to understand that they aren't working for US, darnit.
  • NebbNebb member
    I'm gonna start hiding all of my fuckingawesomeswears into groups of words without and asshitspaces. No WAY can thosecuntsinTKIT block THAT! Have a ballsackwonderful day!
  • Sometimes H and I make up words to insult each other. I'm just going to do that. Then no one can say I'm using foul language because it's not a real insult anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:9501c5dd-f17b-49c2-804f-fadef9e9ac58">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lili, here are some things: 1) Stop trying to send me to TN every time I log in on my work computer.  I don't want to go there. 2) I have no problem being a pain in your hiney, and will keep bugging you up and down the boards to get answers. 3) Here's what you have banned so far:  shaft.s, shirt.s, shot.s, shut.s, sheet.s, shift.s.  Do you not see how ridiculous that is? <strong> 4) Perhaps TK could direct its energies towards a better functioning forum server as opposed to censoring grown women who want to use the word "shiiittt," which is harmless enough that it's heard on several basic cable programs in the United States.</strong> 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    This. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Proboards, you guys.

Just saying.

I drop at least ten f!cks a day on there.  It's glorious.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:87e76f3d-648b-4afa-8ea7-7c39703aa18d">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]IT'S A CONSPIRACY.  SOMEBODY GET FOX MULDER IN HERE STAT.  (Is that showing my age?)
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Are you Scully?  She was my first girl crush.  I wanted to be BFFs with her so badly.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:1ce035fc-5c75-434b-8d41-f10b9f39db29">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Proboards, you guys. Just saying. I drop at least ten f!cks a day on there.  It's glorious.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

But then you have to post on the weird proboards format and talk to strangers.

Don't make me talk to strangers, Knot Lillie.
  • Nuggs I told her on the mod board that we were all threatening to jump ship but apparently this isn't a good enough threat? Maybe they really don't care about us after all.

Ranchy, from the mod board post this morning, as a PICTURE since i can't prove it with just copy and paste otherwise I will have to censor it:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-lilli-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0a075391-e7dd-4e6c-910f-8a89926ae473Post:3c8911a7-12ff-4882-9d57-57ec1b6e819e">Re: **Knot Lilli**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to know what "regulars" complained. Cuz I'm betting there were none.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Lucy.
  • Dammit that picture is too small. Let me try again.
  • edited August 2012

There. So she is magical and can say the words but we can't.

ETA: ok so still really tiny but you can basically see it.
  • NebbNebb member
    Earsexpussybinoculars. That's all I have to say.
  • Quit being a tinytrexasshole, nebb. It's not nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards