Snarky Brides

Lurkers, today is your day

123457»

Re: Lurkers, today is your day

• I'm new to Twitter because I found out my husband has one and I feel the need to stalk him.  I follow shitmydadsays too but I need some more twitter friends.I'm following a friend who lived with us when I was in high school (deadbeat dad sitch) and he recently posted "You would not believe how hard it is to polish the one eyed gopher while looking at the back of a milk carton driving an 18 wheeler."  I'm really hoping this is a pop culture reference I just don't get.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • Lurking brought me to Vicki's cookies so for that I will be forever indebted. Hi Vicki! Thanks for the yummy cookies! Behold: Blue elephants and cutie-pie giraffes for a friend's baby shower. [img]http://tinyurl.com/yhvvjvz[/img] . .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  SuckItTrebek, I already like you.The penis mightier indeed.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • Did you watch the most recent one, when Will Ferrell hosted? Did Tom Hanks used to be funnier?  
  • I never GBCKed. I regretted overreacting and took a break because I realized I was getting way too wrapped up in shiit. I have a lot of heavy emotional crap in my RL right now, obviously, so it's easy to have that transfer to other areas. Then my weekend got busy and I have devoted way too much time looking for a pair of black pants that fit me correctly. So that's where I've been. Sorry to get the GBCK alarm started though!I also admit to being a sensitive Sally right now and not really in the mood to read a lot of negativity so I backed out of that 7-pager. If that makes me lame, eh, whatever.So yes, I overreacted. Much like Fallin has said she was a little protective of Mo, I was kind of protective of Bloomie. It happens.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I'm confused about why Winged doesn't care if Bloom comes back. A person could get whiplash watching the cycles of like/dislike among the regs. I can't decide if it's wishy-washy, or just human nature. I like Bloom, so I don't want her to be the next "Thank god she's gone" person.
  • Trebek, every time I have seen Tom Hanks playing "himself" lately he has been kind of weird and dopey. Maybe he had some sort of secret traumatic brain injury?I was very glad they brought Burt Reynolds back for the last Celebrity Jeopardy sketch, even though Norm MacDonald looks like hell.

• Oh yeah, it was great to see Norm. It almost made up for Kristen Wiig's horrible Kathy Lee impression. I don't fault Kristen, I just hate Kathy in any form.
  • I'm confused about why Winged doesn't care if Bloom comes back. A person could get whiplash watching the cycles of like/dislike among the regs. Not to speak for Winged, but I think sometimes you learn things and feelings and opinions change.  Added to that, frequent GBCK/HelloCK cycles are just tiresome.
  • Maybe it's because my lurking is sporadic, but I don't remember Bloom GBCKing before. That's surprising.I remember when Star left, it didn't seem to be a gradual shift in opinion on her. One day, everyone was defending her and seemed to like her; the next day, everyone seemed to do a 180. I guess there was more going on behind the scenes or something.
  • I don't twitter either - I just love that one blog (?) though. I have enough trouble texting on my Iphone - maybe I have manhands? Never posted here before, but been lurking a while. I enjoy all the snarkiness - wish I had known what snarky was when I was your age. Now, I suppose I'll be a MOG soon and I'm kinda "meh" about it. I feel I should be all asquee about it but am not. Maybe when I shop for a riduclously ugly MOG dress my heart will flutter.....
  • I don't think there was stuff behind the scenes.  I think a lot of us liked marrie with cute baby Star.  My opinion, for one, started changing when she started posting about staying out to 3 am with people she had crushes on and not caring that her H was upset about it.
  • Oh, and before anyone gets all "people make mistakes," true enough, but some people like to celebrate them and revel in them.  I don't respect that.  If I don't respect you, I can't like you.
  • I may be misremembering but I'm pretty sure all the Star stuff was out in the open. I think she DDed the post where she called everyone out, though. Oh, and she MS dumped everyone so that was also cause for the changing tide.Bloomie's first GBCK wasn't really a GBCK, more something she confessed to months later. She planned to just stop posting, dumped everyone, then came back and claimed it was some sort of FB glitch. Then there was another FB dumping.

• Didn't she GBCK bacause she was the one who re-hashed (what was already out there to begin with) the Star threesome and then felt bad about it?
  • I'm probably best known for calling out Babbs when she was on bedrest. I got sick of reading about her gallivanting around town and then a few days later posting about how things had gotten worse for her and her babies. It really pissed me off more than it should have, but what can I sayLate to the game, but I tend to agree. It was very annoying. Then the dying of the hair to match the babies was just, um, crazy.  
    Pregnancy Ticker Nathan Robert 12.18.08
  • Yes! Carol Kaplan! That's hilarious, cmc.Hynes--Founding Fathers on Edward, between Franklin and Delaware. It's a hole in the wall but they have good beer, free nachos and popcorn, and the owner/bartender Mike asks insanely difficult trivia questions when you sit at the bar. They sell food, which is kinda gross, but DUDE free nachos.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Oh, and Trebek--I don't know which thread you're speaking of in regards to me and buddha, but it wasn't a big deal. I was annoyed with something and was acting pretty passive aggressive about it, so I apologized. Ain't no thang.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • [img]http://tiny.cc/Qr5Up[/img]This is my dog in a luchador mask I made him for Halloween.  Maybe...I rarely post on any board and have never posted a pic.  But I couldn't miss out on the call to lurkers.  Below is (maybe) me from 2nd grade w/crimped hair.  Beautiful.[img]http://tiny.cc/wODUA[/img]
  • Wow, I need to check that out next time I go home.  Thanks!
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So, Jbloom is mad cause fallin posted her new guy's first name only....funny cause she posted my first name and my husband's first name and didn't think much of it. Big deal, what is the story on him anyway. Why do some of you think it's a bad idea??
  • over time, my opinion of bloomie has changed. Like totally changed. And a person can only get shitt on by another friend so many times before they feel like they cannot continue to allow that to happen.
  • hey thanks trebek!A person could get whiplash watching the cycles of like/dislike among the regsi think fenton needs to update the flow chart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I reference that flow chart often on Philly Nest.  All boards should ahve one.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Oh, and she MS dumped everyone so that was also cause for the changing tide.In fairness, this was in response to Bloomie c&p-ing a comment someone (a real-life friend) posted on Star's private myspace page for people here to mock and speculate wildly about.
  • I think she DDed the post where she called everyone out, though.DAMMIT. I knew I missed something. I picture something along the lines of the Friends episode, where Monica pointed to everyone and said, "Married a lesbian, left a guy at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice-dancer, threw a girl's wooden leg in the fire, live in a box!"
  • hey thanks trebek!Not a problem! I enjoy reading your funnies. And I enjoy Sam's honesty. I do not, however, enjoy Mulva, and I kinda wish she'd take off again. Not that anyone asked, but I just felt like sharing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards