Snarky Brides
Options

Stuff You're Proud Of

2»

Re: Stuff You're Proud Of

• Options
    Great accomplishments ladies (and S/Os)!

I am proud that I have managed to keep up with my gym routine, and am building up muscle again to get back out on my Harley. Getting my motorcycle license was one of the proudest personal moments of my life, because I did it for myself.

(staged pic btw)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:e43c4c90-6cbf-425b-9951-ed33fc1780e9">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great accomplishments ladies (and S/Os)! I am proud that I have managed to keep up with my gym routine, and am building up muscle again to get back out on my Harley. Getting my motorcycle license was one of the proudest personal moments of my life, because I did it for myself. (staged pic btw)
    Posted by mgem8[/QUOTE]
    You look pretty bitchin' on that bike. What kind do you have? If I get a raise in June, I think I'm going to get one (Harley that is).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:00c9c1f4-5903-4d34-90fe-93d45bd3e2b3">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm proud of eating within my daily and weekly Points allowance my first full week on Weight Watchers Online.  I don't have a scale so I have no idea if I lost any weight, but I feel good.  :)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Yay Celles!

I am pretty fond of WW these days. :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:310873b7-fdea-40e4-b46c-28fbbeee6dcb">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : Yay Celles! I am pretty fond of WW these days. :)
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

With good reason!  Congrats on the weight loss -- that's awesome!  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:21e56be6-ded7-4f71-8275-91f3fbc2f668">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : You look pretty bitchin' on that bike. What kind do you have? If I get a raise in June, I think I'm going to get one (Harley that is).
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Thanks mara! It's a 2006 Harley Sportster 883 Low with a few "improvements."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:ac3bf8e9-312a-42da-9f3a-3b8ba01b308b">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : With good reason!  Congrats on the weight loss -- that's awesome!  :)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Thanks! If you ever want to exchange recipes or commisserate or talk about the weirdness of corporate weight loss programs, I'm around. :)

I think it's a pretty good system, and I like the way it provides motivation. It's kinda pathetic, but sometimes just the thought of getting another little star on my online chart is enough to help me make the right decison.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:3094a64c-b6cd-4dd5-987c-be5a93662cdb">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : Thanks mara! It's a 2006 Harley Sportster 883 Low with a few "improvements."
    Posted by mgem8[/QUOTE]

<div>Nice! My parents are both Harley riders, it's pretty fun.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm proud ooooof, losing 10lbs (10 more to go, c'mon) and finally sucking it up and getting the apartment spotless. I hate cleaning, so that was a big deal for me.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:226b6a03-6322-40cb-831c-365e37ec4ecd">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : Nice! My parents are both Harley riders, it's pretty fun. I'm proud ooooof, losing 10lbs (10 more to go, c'mon) and finally sucking it up and getting the apartment spotless. I hate cleaning, so that was a big deal for me.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Congrats!

My dad is big into motorcycles. My mom got upset with me because two days after I bought my first motorcycle, dad went out and bought a Harley so I'd have someone to go out with.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
      I am SO proud of my FI who is a Marine right now. I am also proud of our daughter who is learning to talk more and more every day. (She is 18 months)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Im proud of my Prada backpack
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I haven't lost a huge amount of weight yet (6 lbs), but I'm halfway to what I wanted to lose and have tracked my food for 40 days straight. It's the longest I've ever done Livestrong by far, and it's really making me think about what I eat (and why).

I'm really proud that I had my master's degree at 23. It wasn't easy going straight from undergrad to grad school, and I was intimidated by being the youngest person they'd accepted in since the program started (thanks, program director, for that "no-pressure" fir'st day!). I feel that it was the right choice for me, and it was really satisfying to have finished it.

I'm also really, really proud of my family. We've always loved each other, but things were really difficult for a long time. My parents have both really worked to change themselves as well as their relationship, and I used what I've learned to work on my part of things as well. It's a completely different environment when I go home now, and I feel so at peace there for the first time since I was born.
  • Options
    Oh, and I also want to poke all these cruel teachers and guidance counselors in their right eye.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm proud of being voted Outstanding Jr. and Sr. in my major back in undergrad. I know it sounds kind of high schooler-ish but thinking back to those awards banquets and not expecting to hear my name, it still makes me smile.

I'm also proud of loosing weight. As of my last WW meeting (Tuesday) I was down 11.8...just a few more til I hit my 10%! Sarah and Celles, its nice to know of other people doing WW. I'm in an office with all guys so WW is not a popular topic of conversation.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    SCB, one of my best friends here is doing WW. I thought about doing it with her, but I've found that calorie counting works well for me. I couldn't forsee count for more than another month or two, so WW seems like an awesome option. I'm just cheap and don't want to pay the fees ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:1333016b-a0d5-434d-ae57-ddc146f53448">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im proud of my Prada backpack
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

But I'm proud of my sketchers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:a21f9775-451e-43e4-9a6c-525372d74987">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : But I'm proud of my sketchers.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Thats because you dont have a Prada backback
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    M&M, I'm totally whelmed by your Sketchers. Therefore, I must be in Europe.
  • Options
    I'm proud to be a police officer...especially after I was told that I would never be good enough for such a demanding job. It's probably one of the best things I could have ever done for myself.

I'm proud that my younger brother in law is going into the naval academy this fall. While I'm worried about his future, I'm proud that he accomplished great things so far. 

I'm proud that Randy and I will no longer be in debt as of next month and I'm extremely hopeful that we will never ever ever be in debt again, even just a little bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    I'm still in wedding mode...

I'm proud of my centerpieces andhow my reception room came out!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hey Poli! Sorry about my P&R earlier. I tried calorie counting but I got a little counting obsessed. It would seem that WW wouldn't be any different but its working so far. I definitely hear you on the fees thing - having to pay the weekly fee even though I'll miss a week for the HM sucks. 

Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    I'm proud that I will commission as an ensign into the world's finest Navy in 12 days (especially after the events of this weekend)!!!!!

I'm proud that I ran my first half marathon since my ACL surgery a few months ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards