Snarky Brides
Options

Stuff You're Proud Of

Since today has a good vibe to it, what kind of stuff are you proud of?

It could be big like an education or small like the way your wrap presents really well with no sitckyouttie corners.

Pics of stuff are encouraged too!

Re: Stuff You're Proud Of

• Options
    What are oyu all proud that you are stuffing your faces at lunch or something?

I for one am enjoying coffee and delightful cheese danish so THERE.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm proud of some of the things I've done for work.

And I'm proud of the fact that I haven't quit going to the gym yet.

That's about it.

• Options
    I am proud that I ran my first 10k race yesterday. :) my time wasn't amazing by any means but achieved something I literally never thought I was capable of. It feels really good.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment

I will probably be a homeowner by the second week of June.  We don't know our closing date yet.

I am pretty awesome at wrapping presents.  I go with a different color scheme every Christmas.  Like, wired ribbon in big bows, shiny paper and those curly thingamabobs.  I laid off on it a little after my niece got hit in the head with a gift someone was having a hard time getting in to. Foot in mouth

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm proud that I'm working my way into college on my own, not having my parents fill out every application for me like my brother did. I'm also proud that (if all goes well!) I'll be the first in my family to get a college degree.

I'm proud of the fact that I can kick FI's butt at Guilty Gear, although he'll never admit it. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    I am proud of my talented DH. I wish I had a picture of the cake I made for Easter and he decorated at home. It is amazing what he could do with wax paper and frosting. He made these at work though.

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:90caac11-17c3-48d3-a7b0-4bd42e0d75b2">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also proud I do research and read the news first before posting a bunch of ignorant rants about Bin Laden's death on Facebook. I swear,<strong>I feel like punching a lot of my FB friends in the face right now.
    </strong>Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Yes.  A few of mine just seem to always want to be the first person to post news, like they win something.  They usually end up looking like idiots.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:675cda9c-3845-4bd7-abc5-c4d5e404d2d4">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have pics but I'm pretty badass when it comes to wrapping presents. I just LOOOVE doing it and I do it so well. I freaking hate doing it during the holidays though because everyone wants me to wrap every single present. One time, I did nothing but wrapped presents all day.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

<div>I am also incredible at wrapping presents.  It used to be a part of my job description when I was 16 or so.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am proud of what I do.  I'm also proud to say that I have delivered two babies (one was a C/S in the OR and the other was NSVD, in the ER).  That's always a fun thing to say.</div>
  • Options
    I am proud that I got my Master's degree and counseling license, especially after my guidance counselor in HS told me I would never make it through college. I would love to punch her in the crotch and tape copies of my degrees all over her office.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:ab4f559c-0d6a-4355-98d8-870b5d297606">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am proud that I got my Master's degree and counseling license, especially after my guidance counselor in HS told me I would never make it through college. I would love to punch her in the crotch and tape copies of my degrees all over her office.
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

<div>DO IT.  I had a counselor who clearly walked out of the 1950's and thought, "This is all that women can do from here."  She tried to convince me not to go to college, because she didn't think I was "cut out for it" (read: I have ovaries).</div><div>
    </div><div>Three degrees later, she can kiss my a$$.</div>
  • Options
    Whoa those are fun cakes, Denise!

This is good stuff ladies :)

I am proud of my H for losing 20 pounds. Like LTZ said, it is not easy to keep going to the gym day after day.

I am proud of my little puppy who has been hurting but keeps pulling through like a trooper.

I am proud that I got a raise after being at my job for only a few months.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:ab4f559c-0d6a-4355-98d8-870b5d297606">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am proud that I got my Master's degree and counseling license, especially after my guidance counselor in HS told me I would never make it through college. I would love to punch her in the crotch and tape copies of my degrees all over her office.
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

Oh god yes do it!

My "career counselor" in college was horrified I wanted to waste more education getting my masters and told me she couldn't help me apply to programs because the college didn't have the resources. She was full of shiit on all accounts and I actually was recognized at an alumni even recenlyt for my post graduate work. I wanted to spill red wine on her that evening.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I am proud that I had a crochet pattern published in a national magazine (and got paid!).

I am proud that I have removed our old bathroom vanity and replaced it with a new one (easy part), then realized I had to redo the piping to fit the new vanity, so voila! New bathroom plumbing courtesy of me. I think I should go into the plumbing business.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:dcea7aa9-ade9-4f50-8c18-e3fd09b7fabd">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : Go for it!  Good on you for not listening to her.  A teacher told my sister that she was "as thick as two bricks" once at an impressionable age, and she's always had trouble believing that she was good at anything since then. 
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

I am not some one who is for coddling children, but this kind of stuff makes me sick. My good friend was told this over and over in school and he now runs a sports blog that makes him serious cash and is rated in the top 50 sports blogs by espn. Just because you might not fit one certain teacher's expectations does not mean you fail and it is so hard for kids to know that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:dcea7aa9-ade9-4f50-8c18-e3fd09b7fabd">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : Go for it!  Good on you for not listening to her.  A teacher told my sister that she was "as thick as two bricks" once at an impressionable age, and she's always had trouble believing that she was good at anything since then. 

I had a hard time my first 2 years of undergrad partly because that twatpocket was in my head and my parents never were really into our educations. Finally I just got to the point where I realized that I was doing it for myself and for nobody else. It also probably didn't help that my ex-douchebag used to make fun of me because he went to a bigger, more prestigious college than I did.
  • Options
    I am proud of my H for being tobacco free for over 3 weeks :) Last night he even commented that he's feeling a lot better and that "he's really happy he won't be a smoker when the baby comes". Just wait until he sees how much money we're saving!

I'm proud of myself for keeping up a conversation with my RN when she gave me the Rhogam shot today. Fvcker hurts and it's a 15 second long injection time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:91256dc3-1807-4aa8-a5ca-ed5db45d3592">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoa those are fun cakes, Denise! Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I wish I had a pic of his sister's wedding cake on the computer because it was so pretty and he made it.

As far as these douchey counselors we had, I have no idea where they got their degrees, but my counseling program always drilled in us to be supportive, empathic, and show unconditional positive regard. Doesn't sound like our previous counselors learned much, with the exception of how to put people down.
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I can't believe counselors like this can keep jobs.  I remember telling one in middle school that I was going to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and my back up plan was to be a doctor.  Her response was encouraging but realistic. 

I didn't do either, but she could've crushed me right there. 
  • Options
    I'm proud that I've lost 17 lbs so far on WW, and conversely, I am proud that I am currently cultivating a pretty good body image despite the fact that my current number on the scale would have mortified me a year ago. Right now, I look in the mirror and think happy thoughts, and that's a lot more than I could have said about myself and my thinking a few months ago.

Slightly related, I'm proud that I'm getting to be kind of good at rock climbing despite the fact that I am terrified of heights and generally fitness-challenged. I feel like every time I go to the rock gym, I'm able to get up a wall that I couldn't do the previous time.

And I'm proud of all the school stuff, and the point where I am in my career. I think things will look up in the future.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I'm proud that I'm about to get my degree, at least kind of. 
  • Options
    I'm proud of my two daughters.  They are both contributing members of society--well, one is in law school--and relatively well adjusted young ladies.  It means that I did something right raising them.

I'm proud that I stuck with classes going back for my RN-to-BSN/MSN and if I pass this semester of chemistry, will only have one more before I transfer to East Carolina.  It's only taken four years of working full time and taking part time classes to get here, and probably about the same amount more to finish.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:11c97c34-a667-4553-bbab-adce18353ae1">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : Three cheers for KW's H!!  That's awesome!

I can't brag about him enough :) It's a habit of over 23 years too. The other night he confessed that me having GD is making him work harder at it too. I think it helps that now we both have major changes in our routine as a little extra encouragement. (that came out wrong, bopefully you guys know what I mean).
  • Options
    Yay Sarah! 17 pounds is an amazing job :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:1b5df2dc-0e93-4149-8bdb-93178b65c3e9">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stuff You're Proud Of : I can't brag about him enough :) It's a habit of over 23 years too. The other night he confessed that me having GD is making him work harder at it too. I think it helps that now we both have major changes in our routine as a little extra encouragement. (that came out wrong, bopefully you guys know what I mean).
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

That is awesome! DH quit 2 years this past January and I am extremely proud of him. It was so hard for him, as he was smoking since he was 13. He was cranky for the first few months, but he is so glad now that he quit. Best of luck to your husband...I know it is rough.
  • Options
    WOO HOO 10k, number :)

I won a couple more journalism awards this spring for some work I did last year.  I've won awards every year since I got my job :)  I'm very proud to be able to put "award winning journalist" on my resume, and I don't really care how full of myself it makes me seem.
    panther
  • Options
    Congrats, everyone! 

I am proud that I did not puke this weekend during my bachelorette party!  Responsibile partier here.

Denise, those cakes are awesome.  I see you are in the outer boroughs.  Is your H's shop anywhere near Brooklyn? 
  • Options
    I'm proud of my mom for the weight she's lost, because she's so much happier and more confident now. I love seeing her that way. I'm also proud of my little brother for finishing his first year of college. He's always hated school so it's nice seeing him so driven and focused now.

I'm proud of myself for last weekend's literacy fair. I get really nervous when I have to speak in front of people, but my books force me out of my comfort zone and I always get a kind of confidence high after doing any kind of promotion. And I don't care how self-absorbed it makes me sound, I'm damn proud of my books after so many people told me it was a worthless dream. Especially family, that hurts the most.
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment

I'm proud of eating within my daily and weekly Points allowance my first full week on Weight Watchers Online.  I don't have a scale so I have no idea if I lost any weight, but I feel good.  :)

• Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    There are some accomplished ladies (and SO's) on this board!

I am proud that I lost 35 LBS 2.5 years ago  and I have kept it off and have been working out regularly every since.

I am proud that FI and I started our own business (full-time) almost a year ago and we are still going strong.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_stuff-proud-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:147c3bf7-7b70-4d09-8e11-8c5716c600b0Post:3bf0b908-3029-44b4-918b-7005f73eae83">Re: Stuff You're Proud Of</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, everyone!  I am proud that I did not puke this weekend during my bachelorette party!  Responsibile partier here. <strong>Denise, those cakes are awesome.  I see you are in the outer boroughs.  Is your H's shop anywhere near Brooklyn? 
    </strong>Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

He used to work at Amici's and Costo on Staten Island. He is now in NJ. We are on Staten Island, but both work in Jersey (I am from NJ).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards