Snarky Brides
Options

For seriously.

Re: For seriously.

• Options
    Cew, that's entirely possible. I was never a fan of babycakes or p2. But p2 undeniably bullied babycakes all to hell.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:86eb302d-002b-49ae-bd1b-cd5e503dcefb">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : We'll see. I don't have a degree, but I know the job like the back of my hand. They'll have to train me, probably 50% less than anyone else they might hire, which is a good thing. I've already offered to get the degree and just work on anything they might need me to learn on my own time. I really really want this job, so I hope it works in my favor.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

<div>I think that employers would rather hire someone who they like because you can teach someone how to do a job but you can't change their personality. </div><div>I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! </div>
  • Options

Go for it Nebb, but if he's on a show about murderers then be careful. He sounds volatile.

• Options
    Favorite SB poster? Sweded, Crash, Nates, ConK or CCF.  Also, Milkduds. I really, really love Milkduds.
    Least favorite? I don't hate anyone, just the same as everyone else has said - there's a comprehension barrier between me and some people.  I feel like lately a few people have been mean just for the sake of being mean.
    What color underwear are you wearing? Purple.
    How do you feel about cash bars? I'd be annoyed, but it wouldn't end the world for me or ruin the wedding.
    Death penalty? Don't believe in it. BUT. I did read a really interesting book about the history of nurses' and doctors' involvement in the death penalty.

What's really up? I worked a surprise 12-hour shift today and my feet are swollen.  I have one more 12-hour day tomorrow and then a 4-day weekend. Yuuuusssss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Card! How's the new job??
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Can I be honest? At first, I wasnt sure about cardmonsta but shes grown on me and it pains me that she probably thinks im super lame. All I want to do is pick her brain (not in the literal sense) but that would be weird since we rarely interact.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:ab31b01b-953c-4dce-a526-5ff800e0bb02">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite SB poster? Sweded, Crash, Nates, ConK or CCF.  Also, Milkduds. I really, really love Milkduds. Least favorite? I don't hate anyone, just the same as everyone else has said - there's a comprehension barrier between me and some people.  I feel like lately a few people have been mean just for the sake of being mean. What color underwear are you wearing? Purple. How do you feel about cash bars? I'd be annoyed, but it wouldn't end the world for me or ruin the wedding. Death penalty? Don't believe in it. BUT. I did read a really interesting book about the history of nurses' and doctors' involvement in the death penalty. What's really up? I worked a surprise 12-hour shift today and my feet are swollen.  I have one more 12-hour day tomorrow and then a 4-day weekend. Yuuuusssss.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Where have you been?!?! Koda and I were talking about SB at our g2g on Saturday, and it got brought up that we haven't seen you lately. How's work, other than long days and blah??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:c4d86723-4568-491c-bc25-790ce8e30152">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles, I think it's because you were super nice to me early on.  It solidified your place in my TK heart. ETA: And you continue to be awesome all the time.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

Aw, well thanks again! :) I remembered you from the beginning because you were sweet and smart and you're also in grad school for psych. So yeah.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Oh, and I agree with Jas about the P2/Bbyckes dynamic.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Mand is doing psych? :D Tell me more!
  • Options
    gawd beats and mandk- go get a room already.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:2ddf1ee1-dfee-409b-91b4-e2df08149071">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mand is doing psych? :D Tell me more!
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Exciting right? I'll let her tell you more, but she's getting her PhD I think. I think we need a Psi chapter of SB.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:688bf4fc-26a6-4505-b041-d72343246802">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I be honest? At first, I wasnt sure about cardmonsta but shes grown on me and it pains me that she probably thinks im super lame. <strong>All I want to do is pick her brain (because I am a zombie)</strong> but that would be weird since we rarely interact.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    And the truth is revealed.

CARD! I hope the job is going well!
  • Options
    Sorry Steph. ;) What can I say, I miss the lovefesting!

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:f44066ee-f379-4bec-a933-856cb50c0423">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : And the truth is revealed. CARD! I hope the job is going well!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]
    Quit putting words in my mouth!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:86eb302d-002b-49ae-bd1b-cd5e503dcefb">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : We'll see. I don't have a degree, but I know the job like the back of my hand. They'll have to train me, probably 50% less than anyone else they might hire, which is a good thing. I've already offered to get the degree and just work on anything they might need me to learn on my own time. I really really want this job, so I hope it works in my favor.

<div>I don't usually do the "vibes" thing, but I'll cross my fingers for you. It sounds awesome!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:36374a90-f5c4-4050-abf6-59c04e7a37fe">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : Exciting right? I'll let her tell you more, but she's getting her PhD I think. <strong>I think we need a Psi chapter of SB.
    </strong>Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Yes! I get way too excited when there are psych people around.
      There is only 1 counselor in my city that works with kids. I want to track her down and make her be my friend, but that doesn't sound sane at all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:5c6aab37-dc5c-4fa0-8c38-9384774195fd">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Card! How's the new job??
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>It's good.  It's a bit overwhelming at the moment, because I'm very used to up-to-date technology, and this hospital is a bit behind. I'm getting it, but it'll take awhile to adjust to this place's pace.</div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a style="text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal;color:#1f1f1f;" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:688bf4fc-26a6-4505-b041-d72343246802">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I be honest? At first, I wasnt sure about cardmonsta but shes grown on me and it pains me that she probably thinks im super lame. All I want to do is pick her brain (not in the literal sense) but that would be weird since we rarely interact.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>I have always wanted to hear you say this.  I am totally crushing on you.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:25562e33-435f-4ca9-9ef5-249309615500">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : I don't usually do the "vibes" thing, but I'll cross my fingers for you. It sounds awesome!
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sewf! The abnormal vibes are much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    Lol. HEY. Nobody ever loves on me.  Let me have my romps.

Jas, I'm working on my Ph.D. in clinical health neuropsychology.  I'm doing my thesis on the effects of music on memory recall and associated emotional response.

• Options
    Awwwww. You guys made me feel so good.  I have been so wound up in work lately. I really miss this place a lot.  I'm just starting my 12-hour shifts now, so I'll have some days off in-between that I can spend getting my girl-fix with all of you.

I miss you all. Ugh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:8cebe18c-c816-433c-9252-e8a92ade7cf3">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : It's good.  It's a bit overwhelming at the moment, because I'm very used to up-to-date technology, and this hospital is a bit behind. I'm getting it, but it'll take awhile to adjust to this place's pace. In Response to  Re: For seriously. :<strong> I have always wanted to hear you say this.  I am totally crushing on you.</strong>
    This is true.  She held my hand at lunch and made out with me, but later told me she was picturing you.

It was awkward, to say the least.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:8cebe18c-c816-433c-9252-e8a92ade7cf3">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : It's good.  It's a bit overwhelming at the moment, because I'm very used to up-to-date technology, and this hospital is a bit behind. I'm getting it, but it'll take awhile to adjust to this place's pace. In Response to  Re: For seriously. : I have always wanted to hear you say this.  I am totally crushing on you.
    YaaaaY!! im glad :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:360c1ee5-f352-41d0-a667-f169f6477749">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: For seriously. : Yes! I get way too excited when there are psych people around.   There is only 1 counselor in my city that works with kids. I want to track her down and make her be my friend, but that doesn't sound sane at all.

Ha! Yeah that probably wouldn't go over too well with someone who evaluates people for a living. ;) But I bet you could get her to mentor you! That's pretty great that you could be the second kids counselor in your city.

• Options
    Mand that is really interesting. I work with kids that have autism. Many of them have an intense love of music.
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:de103744-beae-49e8-a8d4-e35a0512845a">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mand that is really interesting. I work with kids that have autism. Many of them have an intense love of music.

Seriously, it blows my mind.  I was inspired to work on this because of my work in a group home.  Some of my clients have severely imparied memory and speech, but pop a song on from before their accident and they sing along word for word.  It's kind of amazing.  It really seems like there's potential there for really effective therapy if applied correctly.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I just found the BEST room for rent ad EVER. I think I'm in love with these guys...

We're a pretty laid back group of nerdy early-20's guys but there's one aspect we won't compromise on: absolutely no zombies.

None.

Zero.

I don't care if you're only 1/16th zombie on your mother's side, you won't be stepping foot inside my safehouse.

Upstairs room, $733 for first month (deposit) $440 a month plus cheap utilities, no washer and dryer(Should have both soon). Large Victorian house down town, easily fortified for zombie apocalypse, 15 min from JC on bike and possibly haunted.

Looking to fill ASAP as who knows when those brain-eaters are going to show up?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Totally Mand. Could music potentially blend episodic and semantic memory for people with severe brain injuries? Is that where the emotional componenet would come in?

ETA: Punctuation is important when asking questions.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_seriously-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:20ba07b3-552a-41fd-94f5-8588daa99e08Post:627d118c-946a-4cbc-ad74-9e306da2d74b">Re: For seriously.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found the BEST room for rent ad EVER. I think I'm in love with these guys...   We're a pretty laid back group of nerdy early-20's guys but there's one aspect we won't compromise on: absolutely no zombies. None. Zero. I don't care if you're only 1/16th zombie on your mother's side, you won't be stepping foot inside my safehouse. Upstairs room, $733 for first month (deposit) $440 a month plus cheap utilities, no washer and dryer(Should have both soon). Large Victorian house down town, easily fortified for zombie apocalypse, 15 min from JC on bike and possibly haunted. Looking to fill ASAP as who knows when those brain-eaters are going to show up?
    PLEASE apply to live there
  • Options
    Haha, that sounds perfect CCF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards