Snarky Brides

Domestic Discipline?

I'm wasting time this morning so I decided to lurk on the nest a bit.  That's where I came across this blog (<--Click there)

I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.  How can anyone say this is not Domestic Abuse?

kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Domestic Discipline?

• The link is not working.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I couldn't get the link to work, but I've heard of the DD thing before. It seems so strange to me, but I guess if both parties are willing participants, then it's not abuse.

I do worry, though, that there are women in this lifestyle that are coerced into relationships like these and go along with it because they think they have to to keep the man. Of course, some of the men could be the ones being coerced. There are some weird bitches out there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_domestic-discipline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22679d35-db22-4430-9b90-d496a16ab78fPost:25678d54-ec90-4b7f-8080-7b7b244fcb1c">Re: Domestic Discipline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The link is not working.
    Posted by Amivy06[/QUOTE]

:(  I fixed it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • That's true, Cew.  I guess I just don't understand why any woman would be a willing participant in something like this if they hadn't been coerced, or trained through their entire lives, to accept it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I don't really understand any of it, to  be honest. I can't imagine getting off on hurting someone or being hurt. It just seems such a fucked up way to express sexual desires to me.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_domestic-discipline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22679d35-db22-4430-9b90-d496a16ab78fPost:517cc2cc-35fa-43db-932e-d2eb0b324009">Re: Domestic Discipline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really understand any of it, to  be honest. I can't imagine getting off on hurting someone or being hurt. It just seems such a fucked up way to express sexual desires to me.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I get people wanting to be kinky, but they claim there's nothing sexual about this.  They're just making sure the wife is always in submission to the husband.  The girl in the blog I linked gets spanked with paddles and switches if she does something disrespectful to her H, like getting pulled over and given a verbal warning by an officer.  How can that not be abuse?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Sigh. This world is just generally f'ed. 
  • Okay. Now that I've read it, I'm with you. I don't understand how this is not abuse for several reasons:

1. She said she hates the switch. If she hates anything about that fuucked up shiit, then they shouldn't be doing it.
    2. She said she was crying hard. Again, if anything about that fuucked up shiit makes you cry hard, then you shouldn't be doing it.
    3. She admitted that the DD lifestyle was hard for both of them. And again, if anything about that fuucked up shiit is hard for them, then they shouldn't be doing it.

I am appalled. I really hope they never have kids.
  • The difference between kink and Domestic Discipline is huge. Domestic Discipline is some sick crap-and it is based on the whole idea that women are inferior to men and need their "guidance". 
  • OMFG! I just don't even know what to say to that.
    imageimage
  • I'm seriously fascinated that anyone would willingly submit themselves to this type of thing so I'm reading every entry in her blog I can find about it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_domestic-discipline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22679d35-db22-4430-9b90-d496a16ab78fPost:f451814c-eda2-4a8f-a511-789f2b6f5741">Re: Domestic Discipline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The difference between kink and Domestic Discipline is huge. Domestic Discipline is some sick crap-and it is based on the whole idea that women are inferior to men and need their "guidance". 
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I had no idea about that. Wow. I don't understand the kink stuff, but I don't think it's wrong. With DD, I don't understand it, and I think it's one of the most fucked up things I've ever heard of. It makes me mad that a. some douchebag guy would actually think this way and would do this to a woman and b. that some woman would allow him to do this.

I'm reading the blog now and I can't find any entries that explain why they do it. I'd really like to know how they got into it.
  • That scares me.  Makes my stomach all up in knots.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This can't be real.

If Joshua ever tried anything like that with me, I'd have his butt thrown in jail before he could put his belt back on.
  • Their first entry in February kind of touches on why they do it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • whaaaaaaaaat?

I was convinced this wasn't real when I started reading it, but the more I read, the more I can't believe people actually do this.  Really?  Really??  Someone, please, tell me this isn't true.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_domestic-discipline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22679d35-db22-4430-9b90-d496a16ab78fPost:d084084e-3f9f-489e-85a5-c03c575eeabe">Re: Domestic Discipline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Their first entry in February kind of touches on why they do it.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Just got there. I'm reading it now. I hate him.
  • edited August 2010
    Judging by their FAQ type entry he really does think she's a child he needs to raise right.

http://ourutahlife.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Ok, I just showed that to DH, and of course his mind went into pervert mode first,because he's goofy.

But his take on it is these kind of relationships sound more like father/daughter to him then husband and wife.

I'm sorry I'm an adult, capable of making decisions and making mistakes, but to get spanked for wanting to go somewhere and spend the day. I dont think so, my DH would have that switch stuck up his arse.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Annnnnd they went to a marital counselor who thought it was a good idea? How is that possible. I love how all of the explanations are written by him and he says that the wife was very hesitant at first. Well, of course. She's the one getting her ASS BEAT on the regular. That makes me think that he did push her into it.
  • I just read that part, Cew.  How on earth could a marital counsellor agree with something like this?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • It said that the marital counselor was also a DD person. That seems like a very convenient coincidence. I am certain that this lifestyle isn't so prevalent that you would just happen upon a counselor that is also a practitioner of something so fuucked up.
  • The post on August 21st says that she going to take a break from it all (I'm assuming blogging, but I'm not sure how much deeper).  She says she's gotten a lot of emails with people saying that this relationship is not healthy.  She won't discuss it too much, but does say she isn't sure if DD will continue to be apart of their marriage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_domestic-discipline?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22679d35-db22-4430-9b90-d496a16ab78fPost:f7c9a6cb-292f-40c6-a46a-705aebc73edb">Re: Domestic Discipline?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Annnnnd they went to a marital counselor who thought it was a good idea? How is that possible. I love how all of the explanations are written by him and he says that the wife was very hesitant at first. Well, of course. She's the one getting her ASS BEAT on the regular. That makes me think that he did push her into it.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I notices that also. It seems to me like he found a young girl who cant think for herself, and will do anything to keep her husband no matter how stupid it is.

As a young woman married to an older man I put up with a lot. But I saw the light one day. I would like to be there if she ever grows up enough to stand up for herself. And who's parents wouldnt be jumping up and down trying to convince her this is ridiculous?

And if it's a DD "marriage" why is the wife the only one that gets punished?
  • Okay, this is sick and icky
    And, I am assuming these are Christians? I've only read the first entry. What pisses me off about Christianity is that people pick and choose what to follow from the Old Testament.
    The whole fuucking point of the New Testament is that there is a NEW promise between God and His people in recognition that the OLD laws are faulty. How people fail to grasp that astounds me, and this man is obviously manipulating the Bible to suit his needs. Fuuck bag.
  • Betrothed, WHY did you get me started on this blog? :) 

I am reading this and the various entries about her DD experiences. This woman is in serious need of help. 
  • This woman posts on The Nest?
  • I doubt she posts on the nest.  I found a link to her blog over there.  I'd imagine if she posted on the nest and her H found the posting history she'd be in for one hell of a beating.

I saw that too, Joy, and I really hope she makes it stop.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • What I read is that he treats her like a bad child, that he needs to punish, and she reacts by acting like a child, throwing tantrums. I have a feeling she wouldn't act like that if she wasn't so depressed. 

Also, I noticed on his FAQ post that he missed a very important FAQ- What happens when HE is bad? 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This is stupid on so many levels, not the least of which is that punishment does not change behavior. We know this, hence the use of rewards when shaping behavior.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards