Snarky Brides

flameable confessions?

Re: flameable confessions?

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I'm not sure if H and I are invited to H's best friend's AHR in June. I've seen other friends with invitations on their fridges, but we haven't received anything. The reception is June 9. 

My friend (the wife) said we were invited, but that she keeps leaving our invitation in her pickup. I don't know if I should verify that we are invitited and ask the time, or just let it go and not show up. I'm really torn and confused.
  • I dont get the u/n vs s/n thing either other than when I think of s/n I think of AIM.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:bf9e7510-738c-44b1-a12f-90cd4abd3da5">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh and i would be freaked out if I knew someone on here too. i don't know why
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have this happen to me from time to time.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:bce68edc-94c8-4d69-8fb8-dceb0c583283">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a few reasons to do trash the dress, although I haven't actually done it yet.  <strong>1) I don't plan on having children, any that I do have are assigned to Brandi anyways. So I won't be passing on my dress to anyone.</strong> 2) I don't have much use for my dress, but I don't want to give it away. Why not get another photoshoot out of it? 3) My photographer was a complete disaster so I had a friend fill in. She gave me great pictures, but not near the amount that I wanted.  4) I wanted pictures with my dogs. They couldn't be at my wedding so I wanted a trash the dress shoot with them. 
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

LOL, still doing the fertility dance ;)
    imageVacation
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I think this is flammable:

One of H's friends moved several states away a few weekends ago. I miss him, mostly because he was one of my friends too, but also because I liked to be flirty with him. Not anything over the top or crossing the line, just silly. H was always around when his friend was around and H said "he's probably the only guy I'd knowlingly be ok with flirting with you."
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:d1965e39-0d13-43e4-9f59-4456e9ed6ed7">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: flameable confessions? : Okay Star now I might have to come back under a new nik but special just for you: Big sister to little sister: "You know you can conceive by a-al, right?" Little sister: No you can't! Big sister: Yes, you can. Where do you think lawyers come from? Gross and lots of people have heard it before I am sure but I still thought it was funny.
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha. I haven't heard that one before!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I just got invited down to FI's CWs for a mini cookout tonight and I'm POd because he wants me to leave work early... I have shiiiit to do here (well, just ignore the fact I've been on here for a bit).  Plus I'm wearing old lady work clothes.  For real, I'm not meeting a bunch of new people wearing a sweater looking like it belongs to Great Grandma Gertrude.  It is comfy as all hell though...
  • My first love/BFF in HS texted me a picture of himself shirtless the other day, and it made me nervous. It was totally in context with a conversation we had a couple days before about ADD meds, but ummm... holy awkward for that text to be the first one to pop up when I turned on my phone as the plane landed, with my H beside me. He knew what the convo was about, and really just thought it was weird (non-threatening), but it still made me blush. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Also, one of my current best friends was a Knottie for while (nroach78), and a couple of my other best friends are Bumpies and Nesties. In fact, they are how I found this place. I'm cool with them seeing what I post because I'd tell it all to them on Thursday night during Grey's anyway. But some rando person, or a coworker, you bet your ass I'd be out in a hot minute.  
  • That is really awkward, Sarah.
  • Here's a flameable one...

I only care about beating someone at Words With Friends if I think I'm smarter/have a larger vocabulary than them.  If it's someone I see as an intellectual peer, then I don't care about winning. 
  • I'm still catching up, but I love Nickelback
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:f1764e20-3179-4667-b04d-e245db415378">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is really awkward, Sarah.
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]
    I'm so glad my H is cool, and understands having friends of the opposite sex. HIs BFF is a girl. I don't know if I'm cool with him getting topless pics of her, but seeing how he nursed her through her gastric bypass and all the related body sculpting surgeries including 2 boob jobs, I'm pretty sure there's not a whole lot he hasn't seen. 
  • Flame on ladies. I'm still pissed that H's family didn't dress appropriately for our wedding. It semi-formal, and his family showed up in casual dress. Part of me was embarrassed for them, because all the guests from my side were in suits and ties or dresses. His dad wore a short sleeve shirt and khaki's. I know it's petty and small, but I cam't help it.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    My flameable confession is that I'm jealous of my cousin. She just had a gorgeous DW in Montana. She got to.go to Tahiti for 2 weeks for HM. She just got her MBA, is pregnant, and has money. And her married name is my maiden name, which I gave up willingly, but still kinda miss. Finally, my judgy pants grandpa thinks this is all fantastic. This is the man I couldn't tell that H and I were cohabitating before marriage for fear of being disowned. Yeah, I'm an arsehole.

• Rachers- I always wonder if I'll run into you when I'm in LR. 

• I'd be uncomfortable with a friend sending me a shirtless pic, but only because of H since I'd be pissed if one of his female friends did the same. I'm not really flirty so it's all lost on me anyway. I will admit though that I do like to look at hot shirtless guy bodies.

None of H's friends have good bodies. They either have super skinny weird frames or just no muscle. Or maybe I'm just partial to H.
  • I confess I am secretly happy when the mom of two girls I used to babysit goes on FB rants each time her daughters profiles get reported.  The girls are 8 and 10 and she keeps making them new profiles with new e-mail addresses and versions of their names each time they get deleted. I know she's annoyed, but honestly, all she's doing is teaching those girls they don't have to follow rules if they don't want to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:f07e8beb-e960-44d2-94d5-cc3c62620d29">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flame on ladies. I'm still pissed that H's family didn't dress appropriately for our wedding. It semi-formal, and his family showed up in casual dress. Part of me was embarrassed for them, because all the guests from my side were in suits and ties or dresses. His dad wore a short sleeve shirt and khaki's. I know it's petty and small, but I cam't help it.
    Posted by crnflkgirl75[/QUOTE]

I can get down with this.  The party line that "you won't notice what people are wearing" is crap IMO.  I did notice the guy that showed up wearing jeans to our wedding.  As well as the guest who changed out of the suit he came in, into shorts, a flannel shirt, and a baseball hat. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:be227734-a036-42a8-80bd-31a223f14413">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's a flameable one... I only care about beating someone at Words With Friends if I think I'm smarter/have a larger vocabulary than them.  If it's someone I see as an intellectual peer, then I don't care about winning. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I suck at WWF. I play in the few minutes I have between sites at work or just before bed so I rarely take the time to come up with something worthwhile. I'm still a little miffed my brother beat me even though I know he calculates each move and looks up words to get the most points.
  • All my flammeable confessions seem to revolve around food today.  I'm drinking a diet coke and it's never tasted so good.  I haven't had one in forever because I know they badness and I was drinking way too many of them.  I think it just tastes so good because it's been so long but I kind of feel like a crackhead right now with how much I'm enjoying this diet coke.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:1c75764c-3576-42a4-ab2d-821c5cb9a1eb">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All my flammeable confessions seem to revolve around food today.  I'm drinking a diet coke and it's never tasted so good.  I haven't had one in forever because I know they badness and I was drinking way too many of them.  I think it just tastes so good because it's been so long but I kind of feel like a crackhead right now with how much I'm enjoying this diet coke.
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

<div>I hadn't had caffeine or aspartame since Jan 1 but I started drinking DC again a couple weeks ago to help me focus. It makes me feel like crap, but I can get work done. </div>
  • edited May 2012
    I've said this before on TK but I have a really snotty attitude about soda.  I have no idea why anyone drinks it - there is absolutely NO point to drinking soda.  It does nothing for you.  And I realize how stupid that sounds especially since I don't think indulging in eats like cake or whatever is stupid.  But yeah.  Pop is dumb.

I confess I'm really annoyed with Ben because he doesn't want to go to my friend's wedding.  She is a good friend of mine that I was close with while I was dating my ex and we are still very good friends.  She is marrying my ex's good friend, so all of the friends I used to have back in the day will be there, including my ex. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:53e3f272-92eb-4a94-8c73-0eca623ccb3c">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DJ, I also hate the one-upping that goes on when someone talks about something that didn't go right their wedding.  Someone posted something on E recently about a few things that happened that they regretted and one of the first response was along the lines of, "You think that's bad?!!!  Well let me tell you what went wrong at my wedding. blah blah."<strong> People are allowed to be disappointed something didn't turn out right.  It doesn't have to be some major disaster to be a valid disappointment. </strong>My flameable confession is that my parents are coming to visit in July and I'm scared my mom is going to spend the time they are with us bitching.  I miss them and am glad they can come home, but my mom is exhausting. They've lived in Florida for almost a year and she is still so homesick and unhappy. I fell like she's not even trying to adjust and has a crappy attitude about everything having to do with Florida. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I think this about life, in general.  Like if I say I have a cold and someone tells me that at least I don't have the flu.  That shiiit is annoying.  Just because it could be worse, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to biittch. 
  • I confess that I kind of hate myself right now.  I'm not at my normal weight and it pisses me off.  It's only a few pounds but it just kills me that I might feel fat on our wedding day.  I want to be in the best shape of my life.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:97070d1b-7682-4817-b444-7f7e2995655a">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I've said this before on TK but I have a really snotty attitude about soda.  I have no idea why anyone drinks it - there is absolutely NO point to drinking soda.  It does nothing for you.  And I realize how stupid that sounds especially since I don't think indulging in eats like cake or whatever to be stupid.  But yeah.  Pop is dumb. </strong>I confess I'm really annoyed with Ben because he doesn't want to go to my friend's wedding.  She is a good friend of mine that I was close with while I was dating my ex and we are still very good friends.  She is marrying my ex's good friend, so all of the friends I used to have back in the day will be there, including my ex. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    I agree, except that its the only way I get caffeine. Tea doesn't have enough, and coffee is just plain disgusting. Ew!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:aea771f7-3b45-4c35-b85c-2c2a750df3bd">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: flameable confessions? : I think this about life, in general.  <strong>Like if I say I have a cold and someone tells me that at least I don't have the flu</strong>.  That shiiit is annoying.  Just because it could be worse, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to biittch. 
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

I get nut punchy when I hear someone say something like this.  It drives me absolutely up the wall.  Just because it could be worse doesn't mean you don't have the right to be upset about whatever you are upset about.  There will always be something worse but that doesn't mean that whatever it is you are going through isn't bad in and of itself. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:09957173-3982-405c-a75f-7d6cb3c39a84">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I kind of hate myself right now.  I'm not at my normal weight and it pisses me off.  It's only a few pounds but it just kills me that I might feel fat on our wedding day.  I want to be in the best shape of my life.  
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

I posted pretty much this same thing on E this morning.  I feel you on this one :(.  As the ladies over there told me, you will look amazing on your wedding day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_flameable-confessions-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26321f3f-d22a-46ef-8b96-6bef35a956cfPost:3a7d79ba-a751-4ae2-be54-174bedf0b068">Re: flameable confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As large of a wedding as we wanted, I am secretly glad only a little over 50% of the people we invited are coming.  We are saving so much money this way.  And the thought of a 400-guest wedding was kind of scary.  I'm sure our wedding date is what we have to thank for such a low acceptance rate.  That and a vast majority of FI's extended family is out of state.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

We kept our wedding date after we realized it was deer opener... just so most of my step-dad's family and a lot of H's extended family woudn't come.
  • Chels, a 400 guest wedding is pretty damn terrifying.  That's how many guests were at my sister's wedding, and ours was going to be around 400 too but the blizzard kept roughly 50ish people away.  Praise the Lord, lol.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards