Snarky Brides

Where are you all?!

Seriously. Come back and hang out with me.  Otherwise I'll be forced to go play on The Bump, and that place scares me.

I just got done baking those cookie bars I posted in the GM thread. DELICIOUS. Including homemade frosting. 

Re: Where are you all?!

• Heyoooo.

I'm perusing the menu for the place we're going to dinner tonight and being crabby.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I'm here, being lazy.  I just warmed up my leftovers from dinner last night.  I went HERE.  Delicious, but WAY too much.  And I got a salad instead of fries (Yay me :))
  • My baby took a nap (YAY) so i just got back from the gym and now im pumping. I did one of those Tabata intervals on the elliptical after i finished lifting and it was kinda hard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Im watching marie antoinette (words cant even expess how much I LOVE this movie) and drinking beers. Adam texted me that he will be later than usual so I wont be starting to make dinner until closer to 6:30 so I have time to kill.
  • I'm waiting for my sister to pick me up in a few minutes so we can go see One for the Money. I'm excited, I hope it's as good as I want it to be.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:3981d130-09d9-427e-8b96-49899fccab00">Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously. Come back and hang out with me.  Otherwise I'll be forced to go play on The Bump, and that place scares me. I just got done baking those cookie bars I posted in the GM thread. DELICIOUS. Including homemade frosting. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

Good!  I was hoping to make those tomorrow and was hoping someone would give them rave reviews before i did.

We just got home from the market where I spent way too much money.  Stupid impulse buys.  But they looked so good and I needed them.  Friendship soup mix, a magazine with healthy crock pot recipes, some reusable produce bags..  I don't know where my responsible shopping skills went.

I'm planning some treats for tomorrow, doing homework, and watching terrible tv.  Billy the Exterminator.
  • Anna- they are good! And they were super easy to make. I'm worried I didn't add enough sugar to the frosting, so hopefully it'll set eventually.

J- what kind of restaurant? Any reason?

Let me know how it is, Dmills! I really want to see it. Maybe I'll go tomorrow.
  • I just got home from picking up a few things for dinner. It's raining and I still have to walk the dog which I'm not thrilled about. 

FH is out with friends so I have the place to myself this evening. Trying to decide whether to spend most of my night on the internet or watching Water for Elephants. I loved the book but hate Robert Pattinson. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:a5e5f06c-68ca-427a-a52c-a68db06496ac">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My baby took a nap (YAY) so i just got back from the gym and now im pumping. I did one of those Tabata intervals on the elliptical after i finished lifting and it was kinda hard.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    I just looked that up and I might try it out on the bike tomorrow, see what happens. Are you just supposed to stop once the 8 intervals are up?

nvm i read further.
  • It's a bar and grill Steph.  We're going out for a friend's birthday, and I'm not in love with the menu options.  The only things that really look appealing to me are all gluten-y. 

• boo J. That's always hard.  Have you tried those Glutenese pills at all? KW recommended them to me, and they seem to work really well when I can't avoid gluten.  Or, you know, if I just want a grilled cheese sandwich. 

Have fun, Edie.  
  • will do, Steph. I only know one other person that's gone, but she said it was good, so I'm hopeful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hiya!

My mouth still hurts so I'm whiny. We're having yummy risotto for dinner though so at least that is a plus.

Oh, and K is thisclose to crawling and I'm terrified of how insane it will be babyproofing the house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:baf76990-4bce-4c88-af10-c493d59e5be5">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]boo J. That's always hard.  Have you tried those Glutenese pills at all? KW recommended them to me, and they seem to work really well when I can't avoid gluten.  Or, you know, if I just want a grilled cheese sandwich.  Have fun, Edie.  

No?  I haven't even heard of them.  Where do you get them?  I'm intrigued.

• I just got to work.  Tonight is pretty busy, so I probably won't be around much.  I have to work early tomorrow so I'm considering sleeping on the couch here, rather than 1 1/2 hours home in the rain.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:536e7f64-3ca8-400f-8bcf-ea7b9bdf7914">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you all?! : I just looked that up and I might try it out on the bike tomorrow, see what happens. Are you just supposed to stop once the 8 intervals are up? nvm i read further.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I did a 3 min warm up, 4 min of intervals and 3 min cool down. I mean, it wasn't the hardest thing Ive ever done, but it wasn't easy. I imagine it would be harder with actual exercises like squats, burpees and lunges. <div>
    </div><div>Anna, I love Billy! The hairstyles alone are worth watching it. It amazes me how smart he is compared to how stupid he looks!</div>
  • I'm also trying to decide who I'm going to vote for.  I don't love ANY of the candidates.  So I'm researching, because I don't think I know enough at this point.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:baf76990-4bce-4c88-af10-c493d59e5be5">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]boo J. That's always hard.  Have you tried those Glutenese pills at all? KW recommended them to me, and they seem to work really well when I can't avoid gluten.  Or, you know, if I just want a grilled cheese sandwich.

They really do help a lot even if they don't take care of al the symptoms.  I'm taking them tomorrow because I bought this delicious looking apple pie bread that's going to be made into french toast tomorrow morning.  Well worth any gluten after-effects!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:c2ab4771-c89c-4af4-9ae6-8a0dfb5d416a">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hiya! My mouth still hurts so I'm whiny. We're having yummy risotto for dinner though so at least that is a plus. Oh, and K is thisclose to crawling and I'm terrified of how insane it will be babyproofing the house.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Mwahahahaha. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:5619e601-5675-481c-86c7-0c3464bfab4e">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you all?! : I did a 3 min warm up, 4 min of intervals and 3 min cool down. I mean, it wasn't the hardest thing Ive ever done, but it wasn't easy. I imagine it would be harder with actual exercises like squats, burpees and lunges.  Anna, I love Billy! The hairstyles alone are worth watching it. It amazes me how smart he is compared to how stupid he looks!
    I might just use it for the cardio portion of my work out and just do lifting aside from it, just to see what happens. I would be concerned thats not enough cardio though?
  • KW /i saw those pics of her and your H and she looks close!. Im kind of envious. Sparky still wont roll on his own, but he almost did this orning. He hates pushing up from his tummy, so he just doesnt. 
  • I got these ones, J. http://www.amazon.com/Enzymedica-GlutenEase-120-capsules/dp/B001PKRGME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328391078&sr=8-1

You just take one with your first bite (like the Lactaid pills with milk.)  So far, so good.  I got a little gassy the other day when I ate a huge bowl of pasta, but that's it.  Normally it would've been insta-migraine and well, you know.

Also, you should vote for Ron Paul. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:6d02cae8-8481-4a65-8e4e-aab876adf862">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you all?! : I might just use it for the cardio portion of my work out and just do lifting aside from it, just to see what happens. I would be concerned thats not enough cardio though?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    We also went for a long walk today. I wouldnt do it as my solde cardio either. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_where-are-you-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2e0b3aac-1859-43bc-9ee4-a1ad4a510404Post:a2c7e282-f34a-4079-902b-1fa9e2a1d650">Re: Where are you all?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are you all?! : We also went for a long walk today. I wouldnt do it as my solde cardio either. 
    lol ok good I was hoping I wasnt over analyizing. I might start doing some cardio in the morning again and then I will just do that in the evening. thanks for the info!
  • Aww, Sarah, Sparky will get there.  Try not to compare him to other babies his age.  I know it's difficult for me to watch Tristan zoom around the house and stand while Teagan can't even get her knees up under her, yet.  Plus, Sparky's still got another month to catch up. 

Trust me.  Enjoy the non-mobile stage.  It's a whole new ball game once they realize they can move.
  • In all seriousness though, J. Google some of those "which candidate should I vote for" quiz things.  It kind of helps you figure out your beliefs.  Usually they'll have a comparison of each candidates views on each topic too.  It's a good starting point!
  • Don't feel too envious. She has decided kneeling is more fun than sleeping. I feel like I have a newborn again with these 2 hour stretches :- /

Oh, and the job I applied for a month ago...I didn't get an interview and was bummed, but my boss spoke to the person who got it who said she now hates her life, so yay!
  • I know, Tide. He's going to PT for his head tilt and she says he's right on track, but we need to get him to strengthen his shoulders and stretch his neck. I kind of blame myself for not doing enough tummy time when he was tiny, but he would puke (like a lot) every time we turned him over and he was just so miserable.

On the plus front though, he puts himself to sleep now most of the time, loves eating whatever we are, and is getting the hang of the straw cup. And he babbles all the time.
  • Hi! I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do for my birthday. On H's birthday we went to a movie and out to eat. Since I've lived here my entire life, I'm trying to find something new. Right now I'm thinking of going to the museum and then out to a nice dinner somewhere I've never been. I just want something different.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hello! One of my friends sent me the first 3 seasons of Dexter to watch since we don't get Showtime and I've been dying to see it.  We just watched 6 episodes in a row.  So good!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards