Snarky Brides
Options

New Board Name?

Re: New Board Name?

• Options
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Haha Sarah! Is that the box by which we won't allow ourselves to be confined?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:36c7cbee-a567-4aae-9b3c-a71d7a7b1479">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes Lenore, I think the tagline should be  - "Old married hags will take your burning monogram questions and decipher your FSIL's attitude problem now!"
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Ha. This works. Or AFB
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:710a5fd9-48d0-4d71-9882-4765407f35d4">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha Sarah! Is that the box by which we won't allow ourselves to be confined?
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Haha, I think I was going for a symbol of our pure existence as ourselves, neither objects nor monuments, but yours also works. :)

ETA: This is also an example of how my studying has turned my brain into soup.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    How about Advice from Honest Brides. I know it sounds lame, but it precludes anyone from expecting blind validation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It wouldn't hurt to change the description of the board, as well.  That would clear up a lot of the confusion that new posters (me, for example) have when checking things out.

I was one who came to the rescue of a "poor, defenseless bride" when you all were so "mean" to her for laughing about the earrings her FMIL gave her, because I interpreted the purpose of the board to be a place where snarky brides come to complain or vent or whatever.  Once ya'll explained the actual intent of the board and that it used to be called "Advice from Snarky Brides" it all made sense.

So, even a better description would have saved me some embarrassment.  Not to mention the fact that it was later revealed that the "poor, defenseless bride" I was trying to defend, was just a vendor trying to get hits on her website.  Boy do I feel dumb!

ETA: quotation marks around the word "mean" ;-)
    Expecting our first... Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:23356c1a-36f2-4063-bdf8-2ae98ddc2227">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Board Name? : Haha, I think I was going for a symbol of our pure existence as ourselves, neither objects nor monuments, but yours also works. :) ETA: This is also an example of how my studying has turned my brain into soup.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

No, I like yours better. Even your brain soup has better instincts about minimalist imagery than mine. :) Which makes me think you'll do just fine today!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    ok.. my only concern with "advice from brides" is that it will invite all kinds of repetitive question of the type you all don't like already. It needs to be a name that warns newbies that we will give advice.. but we won't coddle them.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    What about Advice from Wives and Brides?

And the description could include ... to keep you from being a bridezilla, an attention hoar, or have your friends and family talk about you behind your back.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    How about calling it the "this board's title is subject to change at anytime based on the atmosphere created by the regular posters" board?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    "Advice for Whiners from Old Married Hags"- AWOMH
  • Options
    NO BS

Where you'll get blunt, honest advice and opinions on wedding planning and life, with a side of "don't be a tacky moron". For dessert, anal pleasures. 

• Options
    I lurk quite a bit on here and get a good chuckle from the whiny posts.

Could it be something more like, "Realistic Advice from Brides"? Or maybe the "Wake Up Call" board?

Or... you know... LASER CATS
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I bet I know which one Kiki voted for.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think "Validation Board" would be fun.  Like chumming for sharks.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I voted for AFB, but I DO like laser cats...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:d43a4de2-afd8-4365-9ee7-8cc23e363749">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I don't really care what it is changed to except that I prefer "advice from brides" makes it in there some how if we are going to change it.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Advice From Brides, Old Married Hags, and Laser Cats. AFBOMHALC for short, of course.

*Edit* - Ironically, this magically posted on a thread over at etiquette.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    How about:  Advice From Brides - The Awful Truth
  • Options
    Come to think of it, I do agree that JUST naming it "Advice From Brides" might invite the stupid. There should be something about "Honest Advice from Brides" or "Truthful Advice" or "Straight Talk" in there.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I voted AFB, but Straight Talk is my new fave. 

Or an unpronounceable symbol. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:865f13b0-c4b9-4acc-ab80-135b32e433c1">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Board Name? : You can type, so you should be able to READ.  I am assuming you are choosing not to read because this has been addressed.  Being tacky is a bad thing.  People will mock them for being tacky.  It is better to have strangers tell you when you're tacky rather than your family mocking you behind your back.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

Don't mock us, Night! Being tacky is a LIFESTYLE CHOICE! Like being goth. Or punk.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    TideTravel: your baby is beautiful!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Aww, thanks Tinkx.  Your little boy is quite a looker himself!

ETA:  I just saw the pics in your profile.  He looks a little mischievous!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I vote for everything Shazzie says, anytime.  Including her photo of the laser cat.  Can we include that at the top of the board?

I agree with getting rid of "snarky", I'm bored of that.

• Options
    Peony:
    Tacky is as Tacky does.

So you are saying that if someone asks for an opinion on something that we think is not good, we should just not respond, and let silence be her validation so she goes off and does something stupid that she will later regret, get ridiculed for, or both? What's the point of that. If we can't state our opinions, why would anyone post here asking for opinions? DUH!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    aren't all of the boards sort of "advice from brides", just about specific subjects?
    I like advice from snarky brides, I think if you get rid of the snarky part, people wont understand that it is going to be the honest truth
  • Options
    scoettoscoetto member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Bitches. That's my vote. Tongue out

• Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:048c2376-b1ed-4a8b-a6be-cc157c99ff5d">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if you get rid of the snarky part, people wont understand that it is going to be the honest truth
    Posted by tesskerr[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If that's the case, then you need to add "snarky" in front of a bunch of other board names too. 

</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wrestlers vs. Robots?

I would totally post on a board with that name.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_new-board-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:349f7ebe-a41a-4d60-b871-88c666c463d9Post:fdc3bb13-581f-4224-821d-d51b34870d98">Re: New Board Name?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im late to this but I dont mind a name change.  I like this board and its sassy-ness. Im not a fan of "Advice from Brides" only because I would just post on Etiquette because they sort of cover the same thing. Peony-- I dont think the term 'bride' only applies to the married girls.  I like some of the ideas people have suggested. I say go for laser cats.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

But your only a bride once you've been married.  Otherwise is it called bride to be
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards