Snarky Brides

Who's Around?

Re: Who's Around?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:264614d1-0e8e-493b-ad7f-e37c2292af0a">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : Awww :) Major congrats Ciaram! Do you have a name picked out that you are sharing with anyone yet?
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]
    His name is Edmund Michael.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Surgeries? I don't know the backstory for him. Hope everything is ok.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:7e39b95d-53e9-43c8-a801-696271abb436">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies! One chapter done and on to the next step of doctors appointments and figuring out the t<strong>imeline for his surgeries</strong>.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh no! What's going on with the little one? If you don't mind saying. If you don't want to- T&P for your new little one.</div>
    Clyde von Sockypaws and Lilly Pad Meunster. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay! I finished the thread!

Nates, not too much shopping remorse over here, although H did shake his head at the giraffe. Whatever. It's the greatest thing in the world. I now have my very own tiny giraffe. AND he holds candles. I am epic win.

Also, I am convinced that our trip to Anthro has ruined shopping for me forever. I will now expect champagne and hors d'oeurves and macarons at every store, and when they don't deliver I'll be all "psssht," and storm out angrily.

And by the way, the verdict is in - that dress/nightie thing was, in fact, a dress. A silk one. That made my total come to WAY more than I was willing to spend. I still want it, though :-(

To everyone that's wondering about the Shellac - it's a gel color that goes on like regular nail polish, but it's cured by UV light so there is literally no drying time (except for the two minutes your hand is in the little UV dryer). And I've gotten a French with it (over acrylics, for my wedding), and it lasted though the week before the wedding, the wedding itself, and the honeymoon (another week). I probably could have left it on longer, but my acrylics were starting to separate.

I'm one of those people who has to constantly have something on my nails or they break, usually down below the quick. They're seriously like paper thin. The shellac doesn't chip and it's really durable, so it's perfect for me.

That was way long, I apologize :-)
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:e568f985-b37e-460a-ac37-575891e16e37">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH,s o the gel is different? Damn.  I need to investigate tomorrow when I get my mani/pedi for this wedding. YAY, Ciara! 
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

No I think I'm wrong.  I think I'm thinking of "solar nails"  You're right, shellac is gel stuffs.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Does the shellac come in all colors?
  • He has a cleft lip and palate so he will need surgeries to close both. Feeding is going to be a little difficult at first since he can't nurse and can't bottle feed.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:47cb8771-a782-46c9-aa06-bad516b6c7c4">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Around? : His name is Edmund Michael.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

I love that <3

Wow technology is so advanced.  I had no idea you could tell while still in the womb.  T&P to you and baby Edmund.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Time for bed. Early work meetings tomorrow. Ciraram- Good luck and best wishes for his surgeries. Thank goodness for modern medicine and its ability to help with those things. 

*bows out*
  • The first surgery will be somewhere between 3 and 6 months and then the second will be between 9 and 12 months.
  • That's terrible, Ciaram. Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for him without too many surgeries. T&P's coming his (and yours) way.
  • Aw, Edmund. 

Ive been burning my new candle and it's so delicious smelling!  It's my new centerpiece on my coffee table--it's beautiful!  I'm going to try to exchange some of the stuff for the dress I wanted.  When I was there, I forgot about it, but when I checked at home, I remembered.  If it's cute, I'll exchange.

Oh, and guys, ConK is a total cutie in person.  I had so much fun!
  • Thanks ladies. Its going to be harder on us then him but we will get through it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:d8718d3e-1d2f-468a-87e7-b5e795311274">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ConK, I love your sig pic. Its both hilarious and adorable all in one. 
    Posted by laska medved[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks Laska! It's one of our pro pics. Our photographer is seriously the shiit.</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

• I'm going to head out, Ladies. Goodnight!

Ciaram, congrats on the birth and best wishes for the surgeries. I feel like that must be a bit overwhelming in a way, and sorry that you have to go through it.
  • Goodnight LTZ! Thank you.

• Night, LTZ!

Nates, you have been having GTG's left and right, so not fair! :P
  • Ciaram, lots of thoughts, prayers, and love heading to you and little Edmund! I wouldn't have even thought of the feeding situation. I'm sure there's some solution or other they can give you at the hospital, though. (((hugs)))
    Wuppikins loves you!

• It's basically a squirt, swallow, breathe method. We squirt a little milk into his mouth let him swallow and then breathe and repeat.
  • Tonight was a total blast. And Nates is awesome and lovely, of course :-)

Is anyone else planning to watch this crazy royal wedding? I was planning to stay up, but now H is insisting that he's waking me up early tomorrow, which isn't going to work very well if I pull an all-nighter.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• I think I'm going to stay up all night and watch it so I can sleep all day.
  • I am DVR'ing the wedding. Even my insomnia won't keep me up that late. Seeing that I have to get up with DS in the morning it wouldn't be practical anyway though.
  • I'm lucky with the GTGs :)

I do want to watch the wedding, but I have a busy day of errand running for my friend's wedding, so I have to get that stuff done. Boo. I just really want to see Kate's dress.

Okay, time for bed.  Night, guys!  T&P, Ciara and Edmund!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:39a6bf27-bd57-45ce-88b9-8636d7867533Post:c1432098-410e-4267-94b7-bc5b85828c17">Re: Who's Around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am DVR'ing the wedding. Even my insomnia won't keep me up that late. Seeing that I have to get up with DS in the morning it wouldn't be practical anyway though.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]

<div>What I wouldn't give for a DVR. My mom is DVRing it, though, so I can always head over there tomorrow afternoon and watch it. I need to stop by to pick up some sheets anyway. I'm just dying to see the dress already.</div>
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Night, Nates, you lovely thing, you!
    Wuppikins loves you!

• reilsreils member
    First Comment
    The only part I really care about is her dress so I don't think I will watch it all. I am sure there will pics all over the internet tomorrow. 
  • GUYS. I hate work for taking me away from you. Stupid gang members. Damnit.

Who's still here?
  • Night, Nates!

I am excited to see the dress too. I know she will look stunning.
  • Hi, CCF!

Yeah, ConK, our DVR gets a ton of use, it's constantly full. We watch too much tv.
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Sounds like you have an interesting job, CCF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards