Snarky Brides
Options

Ask me anything

Re: Ask me anything

• Options
    I love my tv, its true. My nights are dominated by whats on tv. Tuesday is BL and parenthood, Thursday is community and 30 rock, Friday is an hour of diners drive ins and dives, Saturday is SNL and Sunday is BE and walking dead (or mad men if its on). The weekend is my favourite.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:2a106c74-7d50-42fb-8fab-8c0e0d429b74">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why don't you come over to tinychat with us? 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]
    I doont know what im looking for or where to go. I suck without explicit directions.
  • Options
    Oh I love my tv too. I watch considerably less of it since meeting DH but I still watch more than enough IMO. 

• Options
    My husband is a media junky, he has always worked in jobs that have something to do with media (sale of) and he lives for it. Its roped me in. We dont watch all the same shows, but we are very much alike in our love of tv.
  • Options
    Everyone tells me I have way too many tv shows that I watch. I would have a hard time surviving without our DVR. Pathetic, but true.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:f0382b39-8f7f-44fa-9250-fad763c6b9a6">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : I love barefeet too. Seriously, if I lived somewhere that was warm, I would never wear socks ever again. Do you have a favourite shade of green? Or just green in general? Dreams are fascinating. Have any dreams you'd like to share? I once dreamed that I was a mermaid living on land, running away from my old boss, who in my dream was a Dictator trying to take over the world from within his castle, and because I was running away, I was out of water. So, I made it a point to run through car washes. Yep, special.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    Oddly, I do. I have a recurring nightmare that ive been getting since my home was broken into when I was 16 and I came inside and they were still here. It has morphed from dreaming the alarm wasnt on and something got int he house, to the alarm isnt on and someone is trying to get in and I wont be safe unless it gets turned on. Lastnight I had my nightmare - It had FAR more plot than normal. I worked with a girl and she had gone missing so I called her phone and a guy answered and I asked all sorts of questions like had he hurt her or murdered her and he said yes and I was scared. I walked down the stairs and heard a knock at the front door so I peeked out the front blinds and a figure was there and saw me look out and shot me and I screamed and fell down and as I did I accidentally unlocked the door and the alarm wasnt on and all I could think was that he would get inside.... and then I woke up. I was so scared when I woke up I woke my husband up. It was bad. I hate that dream.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:89202bec-ea11-4c0a-9eeb-b4b7b4eae20a">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone tells me I have way too many tv shows that I watch. I would have a hard time surviving without our DVR. Pathetic, but true.
    Posted by KaylaSue19[/QUOTE]
    I think people dont appreciate the theraputic quality of tv enough. They judge, but I think everyone indulges.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:5f1bca12-26e6-489f-8fb5-313c46263371">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : I doont know what im looking for or where to go. I suck without explicit directions.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Would you like them?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:4ff37e5f-7832-47a1-b60c-c265b4d8f45c">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : Would you like them?
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    Raynes just sent them :) I will soon.
  • Options
    I tried to reply to you and it sent me to NEY. AHHHH!!

II was going to offer to PM them to you tomorrow, but Any is the ringleader, so she can do better than me. Later Gator!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:2c21bc93-b8f2-4995-b1cb-b2d67091fea8">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : I think people dont appreciate the theraputic quality of tv enough. They judge, but I think everyone indulges.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think.
  • Options
    Nebb...have you ever looked into lucid dreaming? You can more or less train yourself to be lucid in your dreams, therefore conscious that it is a dream and therefore capable of changing the outcome of a dream. I used to have three or four reoccurring dreams since I was child and I have now 'solved' them all and they have never come back.  

Lucid dreaming means that during almost all nightmares I am able to realize that I am dreaming and therefore whatever horrible thing is happening in the dream can't actually be true. Unfortunately it does lead to not having as good of a night's sleep. Last time I had a nightmare I had taken a sleeping aid and as a result, was not lucid dreaming and was not able to rationalize what was happening.

You can pretty much direct the outcome of your dream (with more or less success depending on how lucid you are)...which means that if you are having a good dream (read sexy dream) you can usually end up getting what you want out of it!

• Options
    Do you like Ben Harper?

Have you had the butt sex?

Do you like online shopping?

Are you mad at Sarah Palin?
  • Options
    People don't know you anymore?
    You coming over for my thanksgiving dear DIL? Bring the green bean cass please!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:b248e549-5abe-4b9d-a9b3-eefee70fb2bd">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb...have you ever looked into lucid dreaming? You can more or less train yourself to be lucid in your dreams, therefore conscious that it is a dream and therefore capable of changing the outcome of a dream. I used to have three or four reoccurring dreams since I was child and I have now 'solved' them all and they have never come back.   Lucid dreaming means that during almost all nightmares I am able to realize that I am dreaming and therefore whatever horrible thing is happening in the dream can't actually be true. Unfortunately it does lead to not having as good of a night's sleep. Last time I had a nightmare I had taken a sleeping aid and as a result, was not lucid dreaming and was not able to rationalize what was happening. You can pretty much direct the outcome of your dream (with more or less success depending on how lucid you are)...which means that if you are having a good dream (read sexy dream) you can usually end up getting what you want out of it!
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]
    I like the unpredictability of most of my dreams, I am generally quite aware of all of my dreams. I dont have a LOT of nightmares, this is once a year or so. I have been walking myself through the steps of what happened in the dream to show myself how irrational it was. When I accidentally unclocked the door, the motion that "unlocks" it, actually locks our front door. I walked down the stairs in the dark tonight and looked out the front, like I did in the dream, just to make myself feel better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:2c21bc93-b8f2-4995-b1cb-b2d67091fea8">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : I think people dont appreciate the theraputic quality of tv enough. They judge, but I think everyone indulges.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this.</div><div>
    </div><div>For me, TV is about complete relaxation. I don't have to think too hard. I just have to be entertained. My ex roommate got the same thing out of a hot bath and reading a book. I think we all relax in our own way and it is kinda dumb to judge. But then sometimes I find myself judging people who go out at 11pm on a Friday night to sit in a loud bar and drink. But that might be because I am currently in bed and the thought of getting dressed up, putting on make-up, doing my hair, sitting in a loud environment with people I may or may not enjoy isn't really a great idea to me. </div>
  • Options
    Do you have any siblings?

What's the deal with your in-laws? I seem to remember you saying they suck. Mine suck too. We should form a support group.

What do you think happens after you die?

Favorite band ever and why?

What was your favorite grade in school?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:b5b425ae-aa4e-4b2a-b9da-c0482960f0bf">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : I like the unpredictability of most of my dreams
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I should probably embrace this more. Although, despite my lucid dreaming, crazy shiiit does still happen. It just means that when I go to school (to my JOB) with no pants on I am able to realize that I won't actually lose my job because it is a dream and not reality. Good news, good news...</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:cb502041-d9f6-4824-bb24-507ac2d31d00">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : Raynes just sent them :) I will soon.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome!</div>
  • Options
    I cant say I KNOW very much ben harper, to hear it I wouldnt know.

I have had butt sex, but when I was a teen. I WILL NOT with my husband though. I will leave it at that.

I love online window shopping, I am bad at shopping. I talk myself out of things very easily because I know I dont NEED much. I want a lot, but I dont NEED much.

I dont know much about sarah palin, other than that she seems like a dolt. If she runs for president and wins somehow I will laugh and laugh and laugh. Silly southern neighbors :)

Roxy, Ive never had green bean casarol to be honest. I dont knwo what it is.

Number. I love relaxing. Reading in the tub is one of my favourite things. In the summer I spent a LOT of time in my zero gravity chair reading, It was divine. I dont watch tv much in the summer though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:b248e549-5abe-4b9d-a9b3-eefee70fb2bd">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb...have you ever looked into lucid dreaming? You can more or less train yourself to be lucid in your dreams, therefore conscious that it is a dream and therefore capable of changing the outcome of a dream. I used to have three or four reoccurring dreams since I was child and I have now 'solved' them all and they have never come back.   Lucid dreaming means that during almost all nightmares I am able to realize that I am dreaming and therefore whatever horrible thing is happening in the dream can't actually be true. Unfortunately it does lead to not having as good of a night's sleep. Last time I had a nightmare I had taken a sleeping aid and as a result, was not lucid dreaming and was not able to rationalize what was happening. You can pretty much direct the outcome of your dream (with more or less success depending on how lucid you are)...which means that if you are having a good dream (read sexy dream) you can usually end up getting what you want out of it!

I read a book about this several years ago and I really tried to train myself to do it. The only thing that I was ever able to do was fly. In any of my dreams, if I can realize I'm dreaming, I can make myself fly. I haven't done it in a long time, but it's awesome.
  • Options
    Cew: I have managed to train myself to land when I fly. I have always flown in dreams but these usually because nightmares because I couldn't land. Once I figure out how to 'slow down' and land it wasn't so bad anymore.

Nebb: I love reading but I really only do it when I am on break from teaching. Then I do it non stop, esp. the summer because I don't watch tv then either since there is nothing new on.
  • Options
    I have 2 half brothers, my oldest halfie - we are getting closer as he has gotten older but it was tense at his late teens. My younger halfie is one of my best friends and I love him to death, he is 15 but so amazing.

The story behind my inlaws is WAY too long for this. Suffice to say it was rocky for way too long and I just dont like them. After living at my home for 2 years now, my husband has grown to dislike them in some regard too.

I think there are many things that CAN happen when you die, depending on how you die (mentally). you might stay, you might move on.

Favourite NOW, alexisonfire. I love everything they do, it just gets me going and ive loved them since I was a teen. My long term fave, Silverchair. Theyre brilliant.

I loved grade 11, I think i had the most fun as a teenager when I was that age. I wasnt very academic so I base my teen years on fun factor.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:a008a0ff-cd96-4dbc-9990-e38fccbf4c47">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cew: I have managed to train myself to land when I fly. I have always flown in dreams but these usually because nightmares because I couldn't land. Once I figure out how to 'slow down' and land it wasn't so bad anymore. Nebb: I love reading but I really only do it when I am on break from teaching. Then I do it non stop, esp. the summer because I don't watch tv then either since there is nothing new on.
    I love to read, I know its NOTHING compared to some people on the knot but ive read 31 books this year and im very proud of it. I want to exceed it next year.
  • Options
    Number - how do you take off? Mine is always the same way. I just run and then spread my arms and take off. I can't really remember whether or not I ever landed. Hmmm.
  • Options
    Grade 11 was my favorite too, well and 12th grade. So much fun :)
  • Options
    I worry that if you control your dreams it wont progress in the natural way it will and turn into other things. I dont like that. I like how bizarre my dreams become.
  • Options
    I think that is awesome. 31 books is great!

My biggest thing with reading is that I usually read 'crap'...like not real crap but I like top ten paperback fiction kinda stuff...nothing people would call literature or even good fiction really. I guess it is because when I read it is usually like when I watch tv...I want it to be entertaining but not overly complicated...a good plot is what is most important, so I can't stop turning the pages and I keep reading until 3am.  But I wish I took the time to read more 'good books'. I currently have three 'good books' on my shelf waiting to be read. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:c39cbfd2-130e-4571-a751-7bacf9cf12c5">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Number - how do you take off? Mine is always the same way. I just run and then spread my arms and take off. I can't really remember whether or not I ever landed. Hmmm.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>In most cases I think I run, sometimes I think I just levitate. But I think most times I just run and gain lots of speed (not that I can run that fast in real life) and then I start leaping and then finally I take flight...</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:875e28fb-10e6-4cd9-814d-5f27bb72e2c7">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that is awesome. 31 books is great! My biggest thing with reading is that I usually read 'crap'...like not real crap but I like top ten paperback fiction kinda stuff...nothing people would call literature or even good fiction really. I guess it is because when I read it is usually like when I watch tv...I want it to be entertaining but not overly complicated...a good plot is what is most important, so I can't stop turning the pages and I keep reading until 3am.  But I wish I took the time to read more 'good books'. I currently have three 'good books' on my shelf waiting to be read. 
    I dont think it matters what people think, it matters what you LIKE! I  read a lot of philippa gregory this year, and I just love her because of the subject matter, but som epeople would think she is crap. I think its great because I enjoy it. As long as you enjoy.

Have you ever tried reading comics? They progress faster than books are are somewhat more entertaining and sometimes still just as deep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards