Snarky Brides
Options

Ask me anything

124»

Re: Ask me anything

• Options
    My hair is so ridiculously thick.  EVERY TIME I get a new hair lady I hear "OMG this is the thickest hair I've ever worked with!!!"
  • Options
    I am late to this, btu I love straightening my hair too.  It feels so good. ANd it makes my bathroom smell like a salon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:ea66f4f8-69b0-49e0-9376-5e62eab5fb59">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : I bet my hair looks straight like yours does naturally. Its so thin and doesnt do ANYTHING once its straightened.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    It won't even stay in a pony tail for longer then 20-30 minutes.  I'm just wearing a headband for the wedding and my hairdresser is trying to figure out a way to get it to hold a curl.
    The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:9aa77d58-749e-45d6-8770-7cff7f8b98cf">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am late to this, btu I love straightening my hair too.  It feels so good. ANd it makes my bathroom smell like a salon.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]
    Its so silky, I love touching it. Its just so different.
  • Options
    I have stupid hair. It's not wavy enough to look good, but it's not straight enough either.

Also, I can hear my dog snoring from the next room. I can hear her over the TV. She sounds like a grown man.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    My hair is really thin too. It also does some funky wave at the bottom. If I don't straighten my hair it looks like a hot mess.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:859493bd-00d6-4ae5-808c-4993683b6c11">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have stupid hair. It's not wavy enough to look good, but it's not straight enough either. Also, I can hear my dog snoring from the next room. I can hear her over the TV. She sounds like a grown man.
    Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]
    In highschool my boyfriends mom had back problems and stayed up late sleeping on the sofa and I always heard this incredibly loud snoring and I always thought it was her. It took a year for me to find out it was their dog. They had a bulldog and it would sleep WITH her on the couch and snore so loud. I was glad I never mentioned "her" snoring to anyone when I figured that out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:c9527f43-6b4e-4a77-80ee-3b5e2dd46147">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : In highschool my boyfriends mom had back problems and stayed up late sleeping on the sofa and I always heard this incredibly loud snoring and I always thought it was her. It took a year for me to find out it was their dog. They had a bulldog and it would sleep WITH her on the couch and snore so loud. I was glad I never mentioned "her" snoring to anyone when I figured that out.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Ha! That would have been embarassing. I'm beginning to wonder about my dogs here lately. Their bodily functions are more and more human-ish. They've been farting and snoring louder than anything I have ever heard come out of a dog.

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:bd8e3c3e-3656-45d9-aede-daa15a9a891d">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : Ha! That would have been embarassing. I'm beginning to wonder about my dogs here lately. Their bodily functions are more and more human-ish. They've been farting and snoring louder than anything I have ever heard come out of a dog.
    Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]
    my dog burps and its so funny, he gets this look on his face like wtf was that???? with these wide eyes. hes a cutie.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:771d41f6-1851-4355-b499-52d2a645e352">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ask me anything : my dog burps and its so funny, he gets this look on his face like wtf was that???? with these wide eyes. hes a cutie.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    We mess with Daisy when she farts. When she does it, we look at her and say "Daiiisyyy!!" and she gives us this look of "what?!." Like she's offended we called her out on it.

imageimage
  • Options
    Hahahah that makes me love dogs. They are so oblivious.
  • Options
    Alrights, im exhausted. Im going to bed. Thanks guys :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:c175156e-8faf-4d0e-89eb-bde66d9f62a0">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alrights, im exhausted. Im going to bed. Thanks guys :)
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Night Nebb!</div>
  • Options
    Kim - have you been taking a lot of OTC meds this week? It sounds counter-intuitive and it may make you miserable for a couple of days, but stop taking aspirin/ibuprofen/excedrin etc. You could also be having rebound headaches. This is all information from my neurologist.

I have cyclic migraines in the spring (and now, apparently, in the fall), and they'll go on for weeks. The neurologist gives me a limited # of painkillers, to avoid rebound headaches (which is why I suggested you stop otc stuff), along with a triptan (sumatriptan for me).  I take topamax 2x a day, and he's now started me on depakote because they've gotten worse.

The only OTC stuff I take is Aleve, because I only need one. But, I also have Rx strength, or could take 2 Aleve with the sumatriptan. Several times, I've gotten Toradol shots at the urgent care to break the cycle, and once did demerol at the neuro's.

I also use heat and pressure on my head - cold compresses don't work for me.

Sorry its a novel - I deal with this half the year. I think it's why my favorite seasons are now summer and winter. Feel better.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nachos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3cfeab02-d833-4486-a2a0-b1ddd975e7bfPost:9fee0e59-7abc-49ff-a7c7-ae60116c8df0">Re: Ask me anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys, sorry, my internet went down for a bit. mrs.jesse, my neuro has me on relpax right now, not sure if I like it. Missy, I generally avoid OTC meds for that reason.  This one has been more on the mild side (you know, mild for a migraine ) so I've only taken a few when I know I need to drive or be in front of a computer.  My neuro also suggested taking 2 advil with my Relpax. Aprove, that's what my mom does!  Except she does heat on her neck and cold on her forehead.  I don't have a heat pack right now but it has worked for me before.  I'm laying on my couch with a cold pack and Scott's head massaging skills currently.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

For me Relpax stopped working after the fourth or fifth time I used it.  My stupid body just didn't work well with it even when I'd add in Firocet.  I now use treximet with a double dose of firocet.  I'm typically no functional for a bit with that dosing.  I've also used Zomig and Maxalt in the past but it really depends on what type of migraine I'm having.

I also stay away from OTC meds.  Hope you feel better Kim!
  • Options
    I've taken Firocet (that is what my mom is on) and it made me puke my guts out.  Relpax makes me feel a little loopy but it helps most of the time.
  • Options
    Dang stupid school work! ((((Nebbb))))))) <- That's a hug :P
  • Options
    I  was exhausted, Im sorry :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards