Snarky Brides

How upset do you get when someone misspells your name?

2»

Re: How upset do you get when someone misspells your name?

• Thanks zombie!  FI and I were talking about our theoretical future children the other night and he decided he wanted them to have an Irish name and he would really like for it to be Saoirse if its a girl.  I'm undecided because the spelling is so far off American pronunciation.  I don't know how I'd like to have to correct everyone for my whole life on how to say my name correctly.  Unless we moved to Ireland, there everyone could get it right. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jmconley08jmconley08 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Not upset at all.
  • I get called the wrong NAME every few months in email--by people who know me--in response to emails that I've written them (I always wonder how they don't see that they are replying to Firstname Lastname).  My name is Elizabeth, and I get "Kim" (my last name has those three letters, but not in that sequence).  I've since claimed "Kim" as my b*tch  work alter ego.  So no, I don't mind--I just go "Kim" on their asses when the do it :)
  • My name is Kelsey. I've learned to answer to Chelsea for years and years. I barely even notice at this point. I hit answer and move on. I irrationally get super annoyed when my name is spelled kelsie. I hate it. No real reason except I always felt the ie lowered my iq 50 points and I should be making naughty movies. Again I acknowledge it's totally irrational.

• nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2012
    I get called Samantha a lot. I do not care.

That being said, I've only ever seen it spelt Jeanette. Am I the only one?
  • That's for everyone's responses, and advice. I called her, and she laughed at me for thinking it was a big deal, and said it was FI's fault, and not to worry about it.
  • I get "Holli" and "Hollie" from time to time (but really, isn't Holly like 1000x more common? Whatevs.), it doesn't bother me too much, though I will correct people, if I notice them spell it incorrectly in person. Now, what would bother me is my mom's scenario- my dad's family has been (pretty consistently) misspelling her name their entire marriage. As in, over 40 years. It's a common name from her era, and there are 2 equally common spellings, so I can see how they'd be confused. For the first year or two. But really, FORTY YEARS? It verges on insulting. I know it chaps her hide.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards