Snarky Brides
Options

Pet Peeves - TK edition

124»

Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    It was! there are no pictures of said penis man, but the mental imagery is rich!
  • Options
    My pet peeve is when people lament the number of WR posts.  On a wedding message board.  I mean, people asking the same questions over and over when it's already been asked 17 times on that same page is super annoying.  Lurk a little.  But it's bound to happen and it IS a wedding board.  WR questions happen.  As they should. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    My name is Kristi and I'm a chronic "so..." typer. Help me make it stop! The sad this is I say it a lot too Embarassed

Most of mine have already but said, but I'll add my vote onto
    - Reg posters not getting jumped on when they say something when a new person would be destroyed. I don't usually look at sn's when I read posts and came across one the other day that I thought was pretty bad. I didn't understand why no one was saying "get over it" until I read the SN.

- People who come to a thread after an issue has been resolved and continues to hammer the OP (they get it, they changed their mind, they moved on)

- People who are amazed that we talk about NWR things. Even when I was planning I didn't post that much about wedding stuff, it's not that interesting.
  • Options
    I have nothing to add that you haven't already covered. So carry on.

@Milkduds- I read that thread and I didn't respond because I didn't care for the dress.And most people were conveying my thoughts, so it didn't need my two cents.
    But the naysayers line cracked me up. Really? She asked for honest opinions.She got them. Don't make her look ridiculous just because you don't agree.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:0fc770c6-1d52-438e-8aef-f699d234e774">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition : Ha! I love you. What's funny is that I have had a couple of PMs and messages asking me why people call me that and how I don't let it bother me. I usually just explain the origin and then it makes sense for them. It's sweet that people care about my feelings that way. It makes me feel loved. Or at least, not hated.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

:) Well that's good then. I knew it didn't bug you, that you were in on the joke, but it's really just the word that rubs me the wrong way. It's like if my new nickname was cuntface cutie or something like that. I don't know.

Also, yes, please check out the dong porcupine from last night. We were totally thinking of you. :)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options

Reading that thread was like having a good fuuck. It wasn't painfully long, had quick bursts of awesome and peaked at just the right time.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:49189734-e694-43e3-8e9b-c5335af9ad24">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]My pet peeve is when people lament the number of WR posts.  On a wedding message board.  I mean, people asking the same questions over and over when it's already been asked 17 times on that same page is super annoying.  Lurk a little.  But it's bound to happen and it IS a wedding board.  WR questions happen.  As they should. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

You're just laying the groundwork to be able to ask your WR questions here cart blanche. I know what's really going on. ;) I actually like WR posts once in awhile. If I get tired of them, you know what I do? I just gloss over them and don't post that day.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I just thought of another one. It really bugged me when that poster made a thread the other day about wanting to make a write up in her programs about why her dress was not white and several people were all yuck about the color of her dress. She didn't ask for opinions on the color of her dress. The dress thing was done. What good did it do to tell her that her choice sucked? It was just petty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:036697fd-23ba-477f-917e-210568a748b8">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition : You're just laying the groundwork to be able to ask your WR questions here cart blanche. I know what's really going on. ;) I actually like WR posts once in awhile. If I get tired of them, you know what I do? I just gloss over them and don't post that day.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Well I DO have a wedding coming up (SQUEEEEE!  Has anyone hated that word yet? ;) ).  I might have to ask a few questions. 
    And your solution?  That's what sensible people do.  But if you gloss over MY WR questions, I'll hunt you down and make you sit with your foot in an ice bath until you answer my question.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:596399e3-d5e7-4110-8d04-d20bbb9d98c9">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just thought of another one. It really bugged me when that poster made a thread the other day about wanting to make a write up in her programs about why her dress was not white and several people were all yuck about the color of her dress. She didn't ask for opinions on the color of her dress. The dress thing was done. What good did it do to tell her that her choice sucked? It was just petty.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Can I say "eye to eye" without irritating someone? ;)  I said something in the thread, and I do believe you agreed with me there, yes?  We  rock.

• Options
    Oh. Yeah. Definitely add squee to the list of words that make me die inside.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:0c17b569-82fa-4b0a-8981-d87c7be56a9f">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition : Can I say "eye to eye" without irritating someone? ;)  I said something in the thread, and I do believe you agreed with me there, yes?  We  rock.

Yes, my beauty. We do, in fact, rock.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I said I didnt like it, but I stick by my statement. I didnt go all out and say how ugly it was or anything, just that I didnt like it. I think its an opinion, like anything else.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:d5479b24-445f-45e9-8c4c-bdafc50eaa1f">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition : Yes, my beauty. We do, in fact, rock.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous because you can rock out with your c0ck out.  I cannot.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:8c7766e2-2a0a-4fa8-b777-e13fed6c0fe2">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition : Well I DO have a wedding coming up (SQUEEEEE!  Has anyone hated that word yet? ;) ).  I might have to ask a few questions.  And your solution?  That's what sensible people do.  But if you gloss over MY WR questions, I'll hunt you down and make you sit with your foot in an ice bath until you answer my question.

That's fine, but just know that decisions made under duress are likely to be terrible. Do you want paisley BM dresses and a child bride? Because I don't do well with pain.

Also, I'm super squee excited for your wedding plans! Bring 'em on.

• Options
    Thanks Heels, Cew and Rayne .

I do paragraphs because my own eyes do not follow mashed text well. It is amazing the stuff you can think people said when you are trying to read sixty sentances smashed togther.

Another thing I do not like is people complaining about either on topic or off topic posts, as several people have mentioned here. I hate that on any list/board. Simply because that is what subject lines are for. If you are not interested, skip it!

I am teaching myself to be less cranky about "same old question" threads by the same thought.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:c496117b-1591-4611-b899-99b2ac54c29a">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said I didnt like it, but I stick by my statement. I didnt go all out and say how ugly it was or anything, just that I didnt like it. I think its an opinion, like anything else.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

See, I don't even remember you posting in that thread, so that leads me to believe that you weren't one of the offenders. Even so, I still love ya.

I guess I should add that even if anyone does any of my pet peeves, I usually still like them as a person.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:2b6b6a31-3220-4c61-bbd8-c0e31c215b8f">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition : See, I don't even remember you posting in that thread, so that leads me to believe that you weren't one of the offenders. Even so, I still love ya. I guess I should add that even if anyone does any of my pet peeves, I usually still like them as a person.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

And this is why you are so loved here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I agree with Cew about that woman with the fuscia dress (I think it was fuscia).   She'd already bought her dress, and I was hoping she wasn't feeling bad that folks here seemed mixed about it.  She sounded really excited.

My peeve is FFF and threads like that.  I don't participate in them, because I really think it's wrong to publicly criticize someone.  It's particularly painful when posters are bringing things up that happened weeks and months ago to re-emphasize that they dislike someone. 
  • Options
    I'll also piggy back on the "regs getting free passes for things new kids would be strung up for."   I've just been jaw dropped at some situations.  One stands out in particular that if some new person had made the same thread with the same idea, they would have been ripped to shreds just for sport.  But because it was a  well liked reg everyone was all "OMG, Best idea ever!!!"   *eye roll*

I can. not. stand. when in reference to guest attire people use the line "No one will mistake you for the bride!!!"   Gosh, really?  Really?

I hate when people go into posts they don't like just to complain that they don't like the post.  Wow.  Thank you for that.   How insightful. 

I hate any mention of Kasi & her halloween costume or pot roasts.  FFS, just let. it. die.    (I totally just mentioned it though.  I'm part of the cycle.)

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pet-peeves-tk-edition?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40673843-b86d-4c5c-be92-47fca3b1a4a8Post:65891c45-c684-4552-ac27-dbce7d35d450">Re: Pet Peeves - TK edition</a>:
    [QUOTE] Oh I've got another one - don't ask for advice about something, if you've already made up your mind based on what you think. !
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

This.

It also bugs me when someone posts for advice, get great advice that they don't want to hear and then change or delete their original post.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards