Snarky Brides
Options

AYG

Re: AYG

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:6fcc71a3-a9af-47ca-b499-4b75e2926698">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Ninda is the one who was all ROFL about something stupid and then inisisted, in fact,. that she was REALLY doing exactly that.  
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I always think its weird when newbs (or anyone, really) gets asked "ok did you REALLY just do that?" and they adamantly insist they did. What a weird thing to be insistent about.
  • Options
    Smash AdamsSmash Adams member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:0906be5b-41be-4955-a17d-9120ac767362">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Fair enough.  I think part of it was that there were two superlative threads but they were on different boards.  Plus regs were responding in last night's again too. But it's probably mostly me being annoyed/butthurt about being reminded about it.  I'll admit it.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
    I don't blame you, man.  It would bother me too, if repeatedly I was listed as the least favorite.<div>
    </div><div>Edit:  I didn't mean for that to sound douchey.  I think it might've.</div>

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    Chels- I was everybody's least favorite when I was a newb.  Dont sweat it. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Chelsea, if it helps I haven't decided you're my least favorite, yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Quite frankly im shocked it took the thread lastnight for chels to figure out most people dont like her and is all butthurt NOW. Really? Do you not read most things people say to or about you? Really.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG:In Response to Re: AYG : Yeah. To me catcalling includes only vocal advances yelling, whistling. Crotch grabbing on a whole other level sexual harassment and grounds for a kick to the nads, imo.Posted by marateaTo me it just seemed like a crotch grab was thrown out there to deflect the crap she was getting.Again, not saying it didnt happen, im just suspicious of it due to how it all came into light. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]FWIW, I mentioned the groping in reference to Ang asking me "how aggressive is aggressive?" about the neighborhood. My "I Judge" was in reference to the catcalls, so I was trying to explain to Ang what I was talking about. That was all it was for me, anyway.
  • Options
    Also, re: the crap I was getting, I'm totally open to examining my posting habits and figure out how I'm rubbing some of you the wrong way. That's cool. But I think it's bullshit that I'm getting called out for going into an I Judge thread and talking about things that I personally judge. Yes, that's talking about myself, but that's kind of the point of the thread. That's what people do in there. It turned into a longer conversation because people started asking me questions, and I responded. If that make me narcissistic, fine. But I think that's reaching.
  • Options
    Well.  This died quickly.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:a06bd3d0-0d08-42c4-8f5e-8c49f8a79f00">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, re: the crap I was getting, I'm totally open to examining my posting habits and figure out how I'm rubbing some of you the wrong way. That's cool. But I think it's bullshit that I'm getting called out for going into an I Judge thread and talking about things that I personally judge. Yes, that's talking about myself, but that's kind of the point of the thread. That's what people do in there. It turned into a longer conversation because people started asking me questions, and I responded. If that make me narcissistic, fine. But I think that's reaching.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

I judged you about FFF for making it about yourself.  I judged your crotch grabbing for a different reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:7c06e92d-3e85-454f-8a9d-0d4468bee9c8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quite frankly im shocked it took the thread lastnight for chels to figure out most people dont like her and is all butthurt NOW. Really? Do you not read most things people say to or about you? Really.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I've been reading it for awhile. To me there's a big difference between me being annoying/passionate/stubborn/etc and me being 50% of the poster's least favorites.  There have been three threads in a week that it was asked (two superlatives E/SB) and now last night's thread.  That question was just asked on here a week ago ,so I didn't see the need to ask it again already. I guess it was just the third times a charm thing, idk. It always bugs me a little, lately it bugs me more, not sure why.  I'm not going to GBCK over it or anything, but it's making me take a step back and look atmy posting style again.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Here, I will flame myself. I made such a big stink about HG last week and then totally derailed the GM thread on monday about mad men. Im honestly surprised no one called me on it.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:01524280-e407-43b6-9e1f-3c4c6d8ebca5">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I've been reading it for awhile. To me there's a big difference between me being annoying/passionate/stubborn/etc and me being 50% of the poster's least favorites.  There have been three threads in a week that it was asked (two superlatives E/SB) and now last night's thread.  That question was just asked on here a week ago ,so I didn't see the need to ask it again already. I guess it was just the third times a charm thing, idk. It always bugs me a little, lately it bugs me more, not sure why.  I'm not going to GBCK over it or anything, but it's making me take a step back and look atmy posting style again.
    TK ate most of our superlatives thread though, so that thread isnt really relevant.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:Also, re: the crap I was getting, I'm totally open to examining my posting habits and figure out how I'm rubbing some of you the wrong way. That's cool. But I think it's bullshit that I'm getting called out for going into an I Judge thread and talking about things that I personally judge. Yes, that's talking about myself, but that's kind of the point of the thread. That's what people do in there. It turned into a longer conversation because people started asking me questions, and I responded. If that make me narcissistic, fine. But I think that's reaching.Posted by polichikI judged you about FFF for making it about yourself.nbsp; I judged your crotch grabbing for a different reason. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]I should specify that I was referencing Steph'a comments, not yours. Sorry for the confusion. In the FFF, if I'm getting flamed for something I don't agree with and I'm on the boards at the time, I'm going to respond. If that results in a back and forth conversation with the flamer in the thread and that "makes it all about me," so be it. I'm not just going to sit there and ignore it.
  • Options
    Poli- you werent responding to a flame.  Your first post in FFF was asking for a book rec.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:e78b2729-26d3-49f2-a6d0-389abb71818d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In an attempt to revive: I flame the poster who just posted in the I judge thread yesterday and is butthurt over Chelsea's post about Rue (from the HG) because she hasn't read the book yet.  I think at this point the boat has been missed on spoilers, especially considering the premise of the book/movie (kids die).  Her dying wasn't a surprise.  That's like me getting upset over someone telling me how Harry Potter ends.  I haven't read the books, but they've been out long enough that I can't expect to avoid general discussions about it.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

For reals?  It's not like I even spoiled anything.  All I said was a certain character who was black died.  I think the ending of HP is more of a surprise than a kid dying in the HUNGER GAMES.  And I agree, I think we're past the point of "spoilers".
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:e78b2729-26d3-49f2-a6d0-389abb71818d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In an attempt to revive: I flame the poster who just posted in the I judge thread yesterday and is butthurt over Chelsea's post about Rue (from the HG) because she hasn't read the book yet.  I think at this point the boat has been missed on spoilers, especially considering the premise of the book/movie (kids die).  Her dying wasn't a surprise.  That's like me getting upset over someone telling me how Harry Potter ends.  I haven't read the books, but they've been out long enough that I can't expect to avoid general discussions about it.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Um especially because she is in a game where she has to die for katniss to win, wtf.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Poli you werent responding to a flame.nbsp; Your first post in FFF was asking for a book rec. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]And the problem with that is...? You've flamed me before for starting new threads when there's an AYG/FFF/UnpopOp going on, so where should I have posted that question?
  • Options
    It's completely ridiculous to biitch about spoilers of a book that came out like 3 YEARS AGO.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:bb680789-635b-48d9-9dd7-8c3a169d730f">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:And the problem with that is...? You've flamed me before for starting new threads when there's an AYG/FFF/UnpopOp going on, so where should I have posted that question?
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

My point?  My point is that I flamed you for going into controversial threads like AYG and FFF and posting about anything but what is going on in those threads, usually making it about you.  You said you never do that and I was being ridiculous.  Then 2 days later, you do exactly what i said.

My point is that you proved my point.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I flame mara for not having a gif sig anymore :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:d5ee40cc-2135-4ede-84af-b306082d6107">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Seriously.  She was like "Spoiler fail. I haven't read the books yet. :( "
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

it's not like the movie just randomly came out with no warning.  It's been advertised for months now. If she wanted to read them sans-spoilers, then she should have done it before.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:f56181e1-cec5-4824-ae3c-0633eacc99d3">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Um especially because she is in a game where she has to die for katniss to win, wtf.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>And it's written in first person...so it's kind of obvious what the outcome is. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:d5ee40cc-2135-4ede-84af-b306082d6107">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Seriously.  She was like "Spoiler fail. I haven't read the books yet. :( "
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't read the books OR seen the movie, and I could have told you that every character that is in the games besides Katniss probably dies just from hearing/reading other people talk about the basic plot line. </div>
  • Options
    If this turns into a HG post im gonna bust out my flame thrower.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
  • Options
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG:In Response to Re: AYG : Seriously. She was like "Spoiler fail. I haven't read the books yet. : " Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]I have no problem with spoilers, sometimes they help me decide if I want to read the book or see the movie. It may change my reading or viewing or viewing experience, but not necessarily in a bad way. I don't get people that get so worked up about it. If it's such a big deal, why not avoid the discussion until you're 'on the same page' as everyone else?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:In Response to Re:AYG:And the problem with that is...? You've flamed me before for starting new threads when there's an AYG/FFF/UnpopOp going on, so where should I have posted that question?Posted by polichikMy point?nbsp; My point is that I flamed you for going into controversial threads like AYG and FFF and posting about anything but what is going on in those threads, usually making it about you.nbsp; You said you never do that and I was being ridiculous.nbsp; Then 2 days later, you do exactly what i said.My point is that you proved my point. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]Ok. Let me make sure I understand. I get flamed if I start a new thread during an FFF about another topic, and I also get flame for starting a side conversation during a FFF instead of starting another post. Asking for book recommendations from another Knottiest isn't ok, since it's making the thread all about me. Posting in an I Judge thread about things that I judge while others are doing the same isn't ok either, even though several people started side topics about airlines, restaurants, etc. at the same time I posted. So I'm a bit confused.
  • Options
    Smash AdamsSmash Adams member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Really, Dot?  "Carrying herself in a way that makes her more of a target" for sexual assault?  I flame that.  Hard.

• Options
    I do agree that there are certain trendy posters, koda. I'd rather a newb not post a least favorite at all than just piggyback because they want to fit in.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43bdaf81-7d7f-45fd-a46d-4182c3e15b93Post:fb952958-5460-4f00-8684-bd76ac99ad95">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : it's not like the movie just randomly came out with no warning.  It's been advertised for months now. If she wanted to read them sans-spoilers, then she should have done it before.

this was me.  i know, i'm waaayy behind, i just never get a chance to read anything fun and decided HG would be my semester break treat.  but apparently that's not gonna work out for me since everywhere i turn, there's more info about it.  my ability to keep up with pop culture has lagged lately...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards