Snarky Brides
Options

An interesting Dear Prudence

Re: An interesting Dear Prudence

• Options
    I'm shocked that you think it's harsh to tell someone to think long and hard about the viability of their marriage when their husband pulled that kind of mindfuck on them. Sometimes things are just unforgivable.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:b0423b83-d5ff-4328-b920-9a5ce3449955">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels- the difference is that you are the only one talking about their beliefs all.the.time. You wouldnt know half of our beliefs because we dont talk about it incessantly
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.  I didn't realize I was talking about them that much. I'llk eep an eye out for it. Sorry.
  • Options
    You don't mind telling people that abortion is a bad idea because you don't understand that their bodies are none of your fucking business.
  • Options
    I think there are many more factors in a decision around an abortion than a divorce, but I'm pro-choice on both issues so there is that.
  • Options
    Threads like these make me wonder why Chelsea still posts on the boards.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:b8bb1c9b-4b56-49e1-b21f-2c3f29a0ddc6">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : Maybe you're right about the bolded, and maybe even the unbolded.  I just have a hard time feeling like people don't flame my beliefs because of the reactions I get when expressing them. <strong>I can't explain WHY (heck there's a lot of stuff I don't get about myself), but I have no qualms telling someone that abortion is a bad idea.</strong>  I just don't feel right telling someone to get a divorceo r not to when I have no clue if there are other options that could be better for them.  I know it sounds hypocritical, it's just how I feel.  I'll own it. It makes sense in my head, I promise.  I just don't think any of you want to get into my head lol.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I guess maybe that is the difference I see between us. I have a whole lot of opinions. Some I have thought out, convincing reasons for. The others come from my gut. I generally only go around espousing the first set. 

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:d817c16b-b6dc-432e-8c25-be9a6651f6af">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]Threads like these make me wonder why Chelsea still posts on the boards.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    For the attention.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:b8bb1c9b-4b56-49e1-b21f-2c3f29a0ddc6">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : Maybe you're right about the bolded, and maybe even the unbolded.  I just have a hard time feeling like people don't flame my beliefs because of the reactions I get when expressing them. I can't explain WHY (heck there's a lot of stuff I don't get about myself), but I have no qualms telling someone that abortion is a bad idea.  I just don't feel right telling someone to get a divorceo r not to when I have no clue if there are other options that could be better for them.  I know it sounds hypocritical, it's just how I feel.  I'll own it. It makes sense in my head, I promise.  I just don't think any of you want to get into my head lol.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
    See, that's exactly it for me though. It has nothing to do with your religion. You have no problem giving advice on HUGE life topics for one thing but then don't believe in giving advice on HUGE life topics when it comes to something else. That has nothing to do with religion to me.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:5c5d36f6-6584-431f-b1bb-aa62065048b8">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : For the attention.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

It's gotta be. I can't imagine liking getting flamed to high hell all the time, but she must. Kind of like Kiki.
  • Options
    pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:c773a32e-721e-4f92-ae0c-23e7922bc308">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fwiw- people's decision on divorce is their own and I don't have an opinion on what anyone else does nor do I judge them. My feelings on my marriage, and my marriage alone, should not matter to anyone. I already said I can see how many would absolutely divorce over this and that is their right.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing- yes people can do what we want and divorce or not but it's impossible to not have an opinion. What you're saying is that you would sacrifice your happiness to stay married to a jackass because you don't "believe" in divorce. (which by the way, it's not Santa Clause - it exists.) That is so crazy to me. I mean if we are God's children do you honestly the he'd want us to do that? Isn't the first ing parents say when they say what they want for their kids, happiness? I just don't get this view.

I don't believe that I'll ever get divorced. Probably most married people would say that. BUT my happiness is important to me and I wouldn't sacrifice it to stay married just because I should.

Eta: I didn't realize there were several more pages. Sorry if this is totally out of context! I'll go catch up- hopefully it doesn't make my head explode.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Chels- I dont flame your  beliefs because they are yours and they dont affect my life as long as you dont try to push it on me, but I can still think its niave..
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:3304f209-243e-4a73-8dcd-9f20513c406f">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : It's gotta be. I can't imagine liking getting flamed to high hell all the time, but she must. Kind of like Kiki.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly I don't like getting flamed, and I don't post for the attention. And people accusing me of that is getting really old and annyoing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:59dd58f7-65ea-4723-b57a-21d33298d95a">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : You can not remarry in the church.  They refuse to accept you and your marriage as valid.  How is that not punishment to a devout Catholic?
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Sure, but what I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with whether the person has a civil divorce or not. 

You said that the Church was punishing them for getting a civil divorce, but they're not.  The issue is the remarriage--if your marriage is still valid, you can't get remarried.

FWIW, I also don't really view it as punishment. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If I had to guess, Chels realizes that her opinions regarding abortion are not popular ones but she is firm in her convictions and there realizes that part of the price she has to pay for her convictions is that others will slaughter (not literally) her for them. My problem isn't with the fact that she doesn't agree with abortion, it's the fact that she somehow thinks that she should have a say in MY choice to have an abortion. Or YOURS. 

What you choose to do with your reproductive organs is your business Chels, I get that. But that's it, that is where your rights stop. 

And with that, I give you all THIS

edited for a horrible use of an apostrophe...eek!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:6670bc07-23b7-4cc9-be96-90b29eda38c4">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think anyone is flaming you for your beliefs Chels. I think people are showing you that what you will and won't give advice about is contradicting. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>I think people are doing both, honestly. Her views on advice-giving are contradictory (well, kind of: she's willing to say "don't murder someone" but not willing to say "don't let yourself get murdered") and people are flaming that. I know that people have belief systems that are not always self-consistent, and that's a very normal thing, but it's still really tempting to hammer someone when the contradictions have been pointed out without it changing anything.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:755fc75d-23bb-4b7d-b2e8-b24a15f63ae8">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : Surprisingly I don't like getting flamed, and I don't post for the attention. And people accusing me of that is getting really old and annyoing.

Then why do you continue to post things that get you flamed? I don't claim to know why you do it, but it continues to happen. You have to know that it's going to get you flamed. I don't get it.
  • Options
    I don't think your opinion "making sense in your head" means it's automatically acceptable. I'm sure Charles Manson's deeds made sense in his head too. It just doesn't seem like a solid argument to me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:d1489274-cd78-4630-b225-6a05d4615148">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : I didn't call you chicken shiitt for your beliefs.  I called you chicken shiitt because you ran from the argument that you started.  I assumed you felt that way about divorce because of your Catholic views which you have been vocal about.  And I do not buy your claim that your religion has nothing to do with your views.  I can respect you and still argue that I don't understand or accept your religious view as I have with Lizzie and Monkey who I apreciate for taking the time to explain to me what they understand to be true.  i can not respect someone who throws a rock and then runs when someone asks her why she threw it. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

But Dot, every time I try to actually explain where I'm coming from everyone accuses me of backpedaling. So I'm in a lose lose situation. I know I'm not a very articulate person. I suck at explaining myself. I try but I always do a horrible job at it.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:437cf20e-2ec1-4d19-8ebb-15ce8320797c">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : But Dot, every time I try to actually explain where I'm coming from everyone accuses me of backpedaling. So I'm in a lose lose situation. I know I'm not a very articulate person. I suck at explaining myself. I try but I always do a horrible job at it.
    Cause your explanation rarely jives with your original opinion.
  • Options
    I think what people are trying to tell you Chels is that you can't explain to a group of people who are pro-choice why you think its okay for you to decide what they do with their bodies. You will never explain it to us, because to us it isn't murder, to us a fetus isn't life. And therefore, you trying to justify your beliefs is exhausting. If your beliefs didn't involve our rights we likely wouldn't care, but since they do involve our rights, we care. We don't want to live in a society where someone else gets to decide what we do with our bodies. 
  • Options
    I realize I used a lot of 'we's in that diatribe. I should have probably just spoken for myself. 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:An interesting Dear Prudence:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:An interesting Dear Prudence:My mom is on her sixth marriage and my dad is on his fourth. I've seen divorce pushed so easily so for me it was important in my life to hold myself to a different standard than my parents. FI's parents have been married for 32 years and taught marriage classes do FI has very specific views. We talked about it, researched it, and spoke heavily about it counseling. It made sense for us even though it doesn't for a lot of others. That's all I can really explain. I don't want anyone to see it my way, per se, but I don't think that I'm wrong for wanting that for myself.Posted by brandichamberlainI understand why you would take those extra provisions.nbsp; However, I feel you might regret them if God forbid you ever find out you have to have an HIV test every six months for the next several years because your husband turns out to be a lying whore.nbsp; Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

I know it's a leap of faith, and that is why we spent so much time on it. You're right, there is the chance it could be regretful, but it was something that was important enough to me that it outweighed that. Like I said, I know this is very unpopular, but neither FI or I went into it lightly. If either of us had a single doubt about it, we promised to say that and we would just get a regular one but we didn't so this is where we stand.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:c36a1e0a-b6d1-406e-a5c3-d1c8587c9626">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I had to guess, Chels realizes that her opinions regarding abortion are not popular ones but she is firm in her convictions and there realizes that part of the price she has to pay for her convictions is that others will slaughter (not literally) her for them. My problem isn't with the fact that she doesn't agree with abortion, it's the fact that she somehow thinks that she should have a say in MY choice to have an abortion. Or YOURS.  What you choose to do with your reproductive organs is your business Chels, I get that. But that's it, that is where your rights stop.  And with that, I give you all  THIS edited for a horrible use of an apostrophe...eek!
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Good Lord I was trying to avoid the underlying abortion issue in this thread, but people keep bring it up.

Look, I cannot speak for chels but I'm willing to bet, since she says that she's pro-life, that she has similar views to me at least on this issue.

I feel the right to tell people what to do on the issue of abortion because I don't view it as an issue of their body but the body of another person with rights.  I wouldn't presume to stop you from getting your tubes tied or something.  But abortion involves another person who has just as much a right to live as you or I.  I feel the right to tell people not to abort because I do see it as telling someone not to kill another.  To me, killing people is illegal in all circumstances whether they're in your uterus or not.  

I'm sure that's WILDLY unpopular around these parts, but in case it isn't clear yet, I have no problem sharing my unpop ops if asked. 

The issue, ofcourse, comes down to how you view the fetus.  To pro-choicers, it's just a clump of cells at worst, or a human being without rights at best.  To pro-lifers like myself (not all pro-lifers view it the same, of course), the fetus is a separate, individual human person with the same rights not to be killed.

SaveSave
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:d28b3b56-6725-4126-a178-d332837189e8">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : Good Lord I was trying to avoid the underlying abortion issue in this thread, but people keep bring it up. Look, I cannot speak for chels but I'm willing to bet, since she says that she's pro-life, that she has similar views to me at least on this issue. I feel the right to tell people what to do on the issue of abortion because I don't view it as an issue of their body but the body of another person with rights.  I wouldn't presume to stop you from getting your tubes tied or something.  But abortion involves another person who has just as much a right to live as you or I.  I feel the right to tell people not to abort because I do see it as telling someone not to kill another.  To me, killing people is illegal in all circumstances whether they're in your uterus or not.   I'm sure that's WILDLY unpopular around these parts, but in case it isn't clear yet, I have no problem sharing my unpop ops if asked.  The issue, ofcourse, comes down to how you view the fetus.  To pro-choicers, it's just a clump of cells at worst, or a human being without rights at best.  To pro-lifers like myself (not all pro-lifers view it the same, of course), the fetus is a separate, individual human person with the same rights not to be killed.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I am fully aware of what pro-lifers believe.  I don't understand why they think it is their place to tell me what to believe. Worry about you and your bodies. I will worry about mine. And that fetus I am carrying, you have no rights over it whether it is 'alive' in my eyes or not. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:An interesting Dear Prudence:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:An interesting Dear Prudence:In Response to Re:An interesting Dear Prudence: I know it's a leap of faith, and that is why we spent so much time on it. You're right, there is the chance it could be regretful, but it was something that was important enough to me that it outweighed that. Like I said, I know this is very unpopular, but neither FI or I went into it lightly. If either of us had a single doubt about it, we promised to say that and we would just get a regular one but we didn't so this is where we stand.Posted by brandichamberlainI respect your choice and wish you nothing but the best.nbsp; It isn't the choice I would make but I understand your view.nbsp; Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]
    Thank you, Dot. I appreciate thAt.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:e8a99605-b2ca-4828-86ee-57ff52c62d63">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think what people are trying to tell you Chels is that you can't explain to a group of people who are pro-choice why you think its okay for you to decide what they do with their bodies. You will never explain it to us, because to us it isn't murder, to us a fetus isn't life. And therefore, you trying to justify your beliefs is exhausting. If your beliefs didn't involve our rights we likely wouldn't care, but since they do involve our rights, we care. We don't want to live in a society where someone else gets to decide what we do with our bodies. 

There are plenty of pro-choice people who still believe a fetus is a life.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:d1489274-cd78-4630-b225-6a05d4615148">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : I didn't call you chicken shiitt for your beliefs.  I called you chicken shiitt because you ran from the argument that you started.  I assumed you felt that way about divorce because of your Catholic views which you have been vocal about.  And I do not buy your claim that your religion has nothing to do with your views.  I can respect you and still argue that I don't understand or accept your religious view as I have with Lizzie and Monkey who I apreciate for taking the time to explain to me what they understand to be true.  i can not respect someone who throws a rock and then runs when someone asks her why she threw it. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The thing is, regarding Chels views, is her failure to consider this: if the Prudence writer is a Catholic, then technically, the poor woman would be living in sin after she found out about the lie...her spouse would have entered into an invalid marriage in the eyes of the Church... without getting all preachy, if someone asks your advice in a situation such as this, then it would be my duty as a fellow Catholic to tell my friend this and to urge her to leave the situation, since i the eyes of the church the woman is committing the sin of fornication.</div><div>
    </div><div>I would advise a civil divorce in this case and an annulment...how can trust ever be earned again if the marriage is built on a lie. Yes, one can forgive a wrong done to you by another, but that doesn't mean that you have to take him back, or continue the marriage.  I would also advise her to seek counseling...and if she were very serious about her faith, I'd advise her to seek counseling with her priest.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:e09e8f05-1a0b-4377-bbf2-242c668b2067">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : There are plenty of pro-choice people who still believe a fetus is a life.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>fair enough. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:a17a517c-2f4c-4147-838d-5561e366f37c">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : The thing is, regarding Chels views, is her failure to consider this: if the Prudence writer is a Catholic, then technically, the poor woman would be living in sin after she found out about the lie...her spouse would have entered into an invalid marriage in the eyes of the Church... without getting all preachy, if someone asks your advice in a situation such as this, then it would be my duty as a fellow Catholic to tell my friend this and to urge her to leave the situation, since i the eyes of the church the woman is committing the sin of fornication. I would advise a civil divorce in this case and an annulment...how can trust ever be earned again if the marriage is built on a lie. Yes, one can forgive a wrong done to you by another, but that doesn't mean that you have to take him back, or continue the marriage.  I would also advise her to seek counseling...and if she were very serious about her faith, I'd advise her to seek counseling with her priest.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If she didn't know about the lie and then find out, she is committing the sin of fornication with someone she thinks is her normal, non lying husband?

</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_an-interesting-dear-prudence?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:47144c29-1f9d-41d4-8ce5-968adc8e97b0Post:50908cfc-9659-4401-8c0b-0c6ff1802f78">Re: An interesting Dear Prudence</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: An interesting Dear Prudence : I am fully aware of what pro-lifers believe.  I don't understand why they think it is their place to tell me what to believe. Worry about you and your bodies. I will worry about mine. And that fetus I am carrying, you have no rights over it whether it is 'alive' in my eyes or not. 

Number,

I get that, but if I believe you want to kill a person, I'm not going to sit there and not say anything because I want to respect your beliefs, right? 

To put it in extreme terms, if you didn't think black people were really people, so it's okay to kill them, should I just respect your beliefs and let you kill them?  No, I can't respect that belief because it involves human life.

For other beliefs, that aren't really life or death, I'm not going to force my beliefs on anyone.

Also, I'd like to point out that this is a belief I hold consistently, not just for abortion.  I also feel the right to tell the government that it cannot execute citizens or bomb civilians in other countries.  Of course, the government doesn't listen to me. 

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards