July 2012 Weddings

Poll for July 2012 brides

I thought it would be fun to get to know the other brides that will be using this board for ideas. So here's a poll! :)

Name:
Wedding Date:
Wedding Colors:
The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband:
Day or Night Wedding:
Your job:
If you are a student, what are you studying?:
Your favorite thing about your FI:
Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day:

Re: Poll for July 2012 brides

• Name: Rachael

Wedding Date: July 21st, 2012

Wedding Colors: red, black, and white

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: flowers, I want to use daises and I think red and white daises will be really pretty :)

Day or Night Wedding: probably going to have the ceremony start around 6, the reception start around 7:30, and everything end around 11:30 or midnight

Your job: I work part time as a nanny and am in school full time

If you are a student, what are you studying?:  elementary education with a concentration in English as a second language

Your favorite thing about your FI: his support- he always encourages me and it means a lot to me!

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: we will be together a little over 6 and a half years on our wedding day
  • Nice to meet you Rachael!  We're date twins!

Name: Andrea
    Wedding Date:  July 21, 2012
    Wedding Colors: dark purple, with hints of ivory, pinks, oranges and greens
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: I'm excited for the photobooth!
    Day or Night Wedding: late afternoon, ceremony around 4:30 or 5, cocktails and then dinner at around 6:30...enough time for pictures because FI will not see me in my dress before the ceremony! he's tradiationl when it comes to this!
    Your job: currently a full time student, but graduating in Aug!! *crosses fingers*
    If you are a student, what are you studying?:  I am studying child development and psychology.  I'm doing my internship with United Way in FL this summer, so FI and I are making the move in 5 weeks!! eek!!
    Your favorite thing about your FI: How patient he is...and his humor...can't just have 1 favorite! =)  oh and it is a little scary how he knows me better than I know myself!
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day:  We will be together for almost 5.5 years.
  • Name: Vyonis

Wedding Date: July  21st, 2012

Wedding Colors: burgandy and chocolate brown

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: im excited for the dancing and being with everyone!

Day or Night Wedding: we are thinking day. it really all depends on where we decide to honeymoon.

Your job: i'm a customer service rep at Best Buy. i ove it there. i'm also a fulltime student

If you are a student, what are you studying?: psychology and poltical science

Your favorite thing about your FI: his humor. we don't even have to say something and we're thinking the same thing. i also love the way he put his hand on the small of my back makes me feel harm and safe.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: 5 years
    Laughing
  • Name: Jonille
    Wedding Date: July 21, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Red, Gold and Orange
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: We're getting married at a vineyard! We're big foodies and we've spent so much time learning about wines together, so it's awesome that we're getting married at a vineyard that uses local sources for it's produce and meat.
    Day or Night Wedding: Probably Saturday afternoon; the vineyards are prettiest in the daytime (also, it's cheapest Sat afternoon at our venue)
    Your job: Bank Teller
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: Not sure, working on my BS, thinking about sonography, nursing, or pharmacy.
    Your favorite thing about your FI: His integrity and honesty; the way he always tries to make me happy; the way he can always make me smile; his love of food; there's so much!!!
    4.5 years
  • edited April 2010
    Name:
    Britni Price

Wedding Date:
    July 28, 2012

Wedding Colors:
     Neon blue, Black, Silver

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband:
    The place we've reserved for our wedding.

Day or Night Wedding:
     Daytime wedding, nighttime reception

Your job:
    College Student

Nursing

Hes my best friend. :D

A little over 2 years

• edited April 2010
    Name: Kelly

Wedding Date: July 20, 2012

Wedding Colors: Probably light pink and silver- still undecided.

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: Having all of our friends and family together with us for our special day. :)

Day or Night Wedding: We're having our wedding on a Friday, so it's going to be an evening/night wedding.

Your job: Nursing assistant...soon to be nurse

If you are a student, what are you studying? I'm going back to school for nursing this fall, which is why we're waiting until 2012 to get married.

Your favorite thing about your FI: Everything :) He is loyal, caring, very family-oriented, and smart.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: On our wedding day, we'll have been together for almost 7 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It looks like quite a few of us are going to be with our FI for a long time when we're finally married! 

It is awesome meeting all of you girls!
  • Name: Lana

Wedding Date: July 4, 2012

Wedding Colors: light pink, black, white, with a little bit of silver

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: I'm not quite sure yet! We haven't really planned much... but we're doing a destination wedding so I'm excited to travel with my FI and our close families and friends

Day or Night Wedding: probably evening, then we'll do a small dinner afterwards with everyone. We're going to have a big AHR a few weeks later

Your job: Project manager at a language translation and training company, and I love it!

If you are a student, what are you studying?: not currently a student, but I studied international business and French

Your favorite thing about your FI: he's very supportive with everything we do, and helps keep me grounded and calm when I start to freak out about something

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: when we get married, we'll be together 8 years exactly :) July 4 was our first date
  • Welcome Lana!  July 4th wedding would be awesome!!  =)
  • burcher2burcher2 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Name: Erienne 

Wedding Date: July 15, 2012 (we haven't set the day yet, so this could change. But this is what I really want)

Wedding Colors:
    Purple and Green

Our handfasting. :) We decided to incorporate our Pagan beliefs into our wedding while still having a comfortable atmosphere as both of our families are mostly Christian. 

Day or Night Wedding:
    Day. In a perfect world, I'd like a brunch wedding to save on money.

Your job: Campus job

If you are a student, what are you studying?: Child development

He's very much an individual. And he can be sweet and playful most of the time, but when the time comes to be serious, he's ready.

5 years and 2 months exactly, that is, if we go with the 15th. :)
  • edited June 2010

Name: Kaleigh

Wedding Date: July 28, 2012 (our "anniversary" now is the 28th, and i thought it would be cool to always keep it the 28th)

Wedding Colors: Tiffany blue and White (maybe one other accent color not sure yet :) )

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: That we will have all of our friends and family there... havent really delved into planning enough to know too many details!

Day or Night Wedding: day

Your job: I work 2 jobs, I work as a nurses aid in the ICU at a hospital as well as at a tanning salon.

If you are a student, what are you studying?: Nursing. I want to eventually be a nurse practitioner with a focus on critical care in either infants or adults

Your favorite thing about your FI: His unconditional love and support, and that sometimes he knows me better than i know myself. he's my true best friend and other half :)

6 and a half years
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    Wedding Date: July 21th, 2012 (21th is always our day which we celebrate together)

Wedding Colors: purple, silver and accents of ivory and fuschia  or blush and ivory

the beautiful venue (which we haven't booked yet  haha) and having all friends and familly together to celebrate

Day or Night Wedding
    : night

Your job
    : full-time students

If you are a student, what are you studying?
    : general management and business language (spanisch)

his kindness and his smile

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day
    : over 4,5 years

• Name: Ashley

Wedding Date:July 6, 2012

Wedding Colors:Turqoise and Hot pink

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: We will be getting married ten years to the date we first met!

Day or Night Wedding: Night

Your job: Dance Teacher

Your favorite thing about your FI: He is truly my best friend! His love for me and his constant support!

you and FI will be together on your wedding day: Ten years!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Jen
    Wedding Date: 7/21/2012
    Wedding Colors: Orange and gray?!?!
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: celebrating with all our friends and family
    Day or Night Wedding: night
    Your job: student
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: international business
    Your favorite thing about your FI: How he knows just what to do in almost any situation to make me happy/calm/comfortable/just plain better!
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: 1 week shy of 5 years
  • chels31691chels31691 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Name: Chelsea
    Wedding Date:  tentatively July 2nd (our current anniversary, but also a weekday :/)
    Wedding Colors:  gray, peachy-pink, pearl
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband:  decorating for a Victorian themed wedding w/ my family and friends beforehand :D
    Day or Night Wedding:  late afternoon
    Your job:  secretary and student
    If you are a student, what are you studying?:  English education
    Your favorite thing about your FI:  he knows what I need better than I do :D
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day:  we'll have known each other for almost 7 years, and we will have been together for 4 years
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Joanna
    Wedding Date:  tentatively July 1st
    Wedding Colors:  Bright Pink, Lime Green with accents of burnt red/orange
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband:  Having everyone we love in one place
    Day or Night Wedding:  Night
    Your job:  Purchasing @ a local College & Full Time Masters Degree Student at night
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: MAS in School Counseling
    Your favorite thing about your FI:  We are best friends and have fun together no matter what we are doing
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day:  We'll have known each other for almost 10years (since high school), and we will have been together for 6 years
  • Name: Katy
    Wedding date: July 21, 2012
    Wedding colors: not sure yet, but probably cerulean and yellow
    The detail of wedding/reception that you are most excited for--besides your new husband: getting to see all my family and friends from out-of-state!
    Day or night wedding: night 
    Job:
    student, starting law school in August
    Your favorite thing about your FI: He's my best friend, and he is the most loyal person I've ever met
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding: a little over 5 1/2 years

Also, have any of you started any planning? I'm a newbie (just engaged a week ago yesterday), and I am totally clueless in this process. Is it too early to start planning for a wedding so far away? Or totally normal?
  • Name: Andey ( short for Antonia but everyone calls me Antonio :[[ )
    Wedding Date: July 7, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Dark blue and bright yellow.
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: The Vineyard! Dream come true.
    Day or Night Wedding: Afternoon/Eveningish.
    Your job: Just lost my job about a month ago :[[
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: Criminal Justice.
    Your favorite thing about your FI: He's the funniest, sweetest, most respectful guy you'll ever meet.
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: Four and a half years.

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Andey and I've been on tk for a while although I spend most of my time lurking/posting occasionally on Snarky Brides. I love, love, love weddings. Happy planning, Everyone!
    Visit Vineyard.weddings.com
  • edited July 2010
    Name: Crystal
    Wedding Date: July 15, 2012
    Wedding Colors: lime green, hot pink w/ soft black accents
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: dancing...its gonna be crazy fun
    Day or Night Wedding: Im going for late afternoon
    Your job: Im a SAHM
    Your favorite thing about your FI: its a tie between he can make me laugh no matter what and the fact that we are both each others favorite person in the world even after all these years
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: 10 1/2 years
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Nikki
    Wedding Date: July 7th, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Yellow and Turquiose
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband:  I am most excited for all my family to be there. Every three years we have a family reunion, so we figured that it would be the perfect time to get married. We would hopefully have everyone there and of course to celebrate with our friends.
    Day or Night Wedding: Our wedding will be a night wedding.
    Your job: I am currently a bank teller.
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: I am studying Government in hopes that I go to law school.
    Your favorite thing about your FI: No matter what kind of mood I am in, he always manages to cheer me up. After 4 years we still act as if it was the beginning.
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: A little over 6 years.
  • Name: Melissa and William
    Wedding Date: pending...around July 14, 2010
    Wedding Colors: Dusty turquoise and antique rose
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: Being able to share our unique personalities with everyone!
    Day or Night Wedding: Definitely morning!
    Your job: Techncial Support
    Your favorite thing about your FI: His mental and emotional strength
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: 10 years since we first met!
  • Name: Anna
    Wedding Date: July 14th, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Orange and Blue (not sure on which shade of blue yet)
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: Celebrating with family and closest friends. I also plan on doing origami bouquets, so I'm excited about that!
    Day or Night Wedding: Day ceremony, evening reception
    Your job: I just graduated in May, and the job search is still on!
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: I have my Bachelor's in Secondary Education, double majored in Math and Spanish
    Your favorite thing about your FI: He can make me laugh in any situation, and he is completely supportive and loyal to all of his loved ones.
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: Over 5 years
  • Name:Kelly
    Wedding Date:July21, 2012
    Wedding Colors: Dark Purple, White, Pink ( Not sure which shade of pink yet)
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: Spending time with our families, the food, and flowers( using some shade of pink roses),
    Day or Night Wedding: We are planning a night wedding to start at about 5:30 p.m. and ending at about 11p.m.
    Your job:  I work full time at a nursing home and I am also a full time student
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: Nusing
    Your favorite thing about your FI: He is funny, always making me laugh, supportive, caring, and a wonderful father.
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day:  7 years
  • edited August 2010
    Name: Christina

Wedding Colors: TBD - possibly Pink & Orange

The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: Celebrating our nuptials with family and close friends. The whole wedding is DIY so I'm actually excited about that.

Day or Night Wedding: Night, ceremony will begin at 6 and end around midnight.

Your job: Exec. Assistant/General Manager

If you are a student, what are you studying?: I just graduated in June, so I'm still excited. I studied Business Management

Your favorite thing about your FI: He is the only one who truly understands me. He's completely supportive, is loyal to the ones he cares about most.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: a total of 11 years
  • Name: Samantha
    Wedding Date: 7/21/2012
    Wedding Colors: black, white, and yellow
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: the location!! it's more than likely going to be at this beautiful inn on a gorgeous mountain outside of the town i go to school in!
    Day or Night Wedding: Night, we want to avoid the heat!
    Your job: I work at my apartment complex part time right now
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: Political Science :)
    Your favorite thing about your FI: Whenever we argue, he knows exactly to say to make me burst out laughing, I can never stay mad at him, he knows me too well!!
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: 3 years :)
  • Hey everyone!
    Name:Joanne
    Wedding Colors: Black and white with dark purple accents
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: I'm gonna cheat and say two things 1) having an amazing party with family and friends 2)Decor!!!
    Day or Night Wedding: Ceremony in the early afternoon; reception in the evening
    Your job: Secondary school teacher 
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: n/a
    Your favorite thing about your FI: His need to take care of me and make me happy
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: It will be exactly seven years from the day we began dating!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Brianne
    Wedding Colors: pink and chocolate brown
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: Well we aren't very far into the planning right now but I am very excited about our reception venue!  It is a big barn and it is beautiful!! 
    Day or Night Wedding: night
    Your job: I'm a full time student majoring in Elementary Education and will be graduating this year.  I work part time at the campus daycare and full time as a nanny.  Next year I will hopefully have a full time teaching job!
    If you are a student, what are you studying?: Elementary Education with a Language Arts concentration.
    Your favorite thing about your FI: Everything.  He is amazing and the sweetest man I have ever met.  He makes me laugh and is absolutely perfect for me in everyway!  (Sorry, I'm bad at picking favorites!)
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: We have been best friends for years but will have only been officially together for about four years on our wedding date.
  • Name: Tara
    Wedding Colors: different pinks and blues
    The detail of your wedding/reception that you are most excited for-- besides your new husband: I'm not sure yet! Just ready to have our friends and family come together for a giant celebration!
    Day or Night Wedding: Night
    Your job: Teachers Aide at a Day Care
    If you are a student, what are you studying?:Early Childhood/ Elementary Education, concentration in reading
    Your favorite thing about your FI: He is the sweetest most devoted and hard working man in the world. And my very best friend
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: 4.5 years!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards