Snarky Brides

There, I said it.

I think Tom's shoes are overrated and while the cause is good most of the shoes are ugly (I know, not the point) and I feel like a lot of people (not everyone, clearly) buy them because it's the cool thing to do. Plus I've heard they don't last long.

I could care less (or, could not care less? w/e) about the Royal Wedding.

I hate American Idol, The bachelor, dancing with the stars and all of those shows.

I don't like the saying "cray-cray" yet I keep saying it!

I realize this is like an UO and confessions. Oh well, I'm bored.

Re: There, I said it.

• Tom's suck.  Just all around.
  • I used to think that Toms were the ugliest shoes around. Lately, though, I've taken a liking to them. I've tried them on a few times and I think I might actually buy a pair. From far away they look like most slip on shoes. The jury is still out on long-term comfort, though. That's good to know they don't last that long.

I agree with all your other confessions, though. The only royal wedding aspect I'm mildly curious about is what Kate's dress will look like. Other than that, I don't give a damn!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't get Toms either. They're so expensive and apparently make your feet stink. (not the point but..at the same time, I don't think people would donate money to the cause without getting something in return...which is kind of sad.)
  • I am SO sick of my family telling me they want to  be grandparents, aunts, uncles ect...We are TRYING and don't want to tell you..but I almost do just to SHUT YOU UP!

Ugh.  Ok feel better.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Toms are hideous! Ugh.
  • Aww Barb! That's got to kind of suck.
  • I don't want to get my family's hopes up by telling them we are trying for a baby.  We know it will take some time and I don't want to get stressed out even more.

I wish I could just scream to them that we are working on it and these things take some time, but the last thing I need is more "advice" from my family about baby making.
  • TOMS are hideous. I won't ever by them.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I signed DH up for groupon today so he could 'gift' me a picaboo deal...he actually suggested it but I still feel like I screwed the system. 

I have stopped being diligent about watching what I eat and I am starting to pay for it. Because I exercise enough I am not gaining yet but I def. not losing...and I am pissed at myself.

• crash, that's the thing.  They aren't even donating money, they are donating a pair of shoes, which is so not sustainable.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:72c5ffa3-c642-4fbf-b6bb-0229522a3441">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]crash, that's the thing. <strong> They aren't even donating money, they are donating a pair of shoes, </strong>which is so not sustainable.  
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Yea, But they wouldn't donate the money to get the shoes is what I meant.
  • edited April 2011
    I think Toms are ugly too.

I am actually interested in the Royal Wedding. We watched part of Charles and Di's wedding at MIL's today and I loved watching all the horses, carriages, dressed up guard and pretty much everything about it.

I hate my lack of motivation to eat right and exercise. I have known about my upcoming vacation for 9 or 10 weeks, and planned on being about 5-10 pounds less than I am now and I haven't done a damn thing. It would have been plenty doable but I didn't even try.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I was confused for a while and wondering "whothefuckis Tom??" until I realized its a brand.
  • I keep not buying stuff because I'm cheap and want to wait till we get married so we can register for it. I know it's pretty selfish but I don't care.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:6168a3ae-21da-449e-ad59-620f547ae661">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was confused for a while and wondering "whothefuckis Tom??" until I realized its a brand.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

This made me lol.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I don't like Toms either.

And I hate it when a business asks if I want to donate a dollar to whatever at the register and then the workers give me disapproving looks when I say no.  So what if I want to donate my money in a way other than $1 at a time at the checkout when I have no guarantee that it'll actually get to the organization. 
  • I have zero interest in the royal wedding.  In fact, I just told Jered that about 5 minutes ago and then noticed he was watching a special on it.  He goes "oh...yeah totally, me neither" and changed the channel really fast. LOL

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Pirate- I hate that too. They always make me feel so guilty.
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:863f5551-8655-4774-9b01-ae973f5befd1">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am SO sick of my family telling me they want to  be grandparents, aunts, uncles ect...We are TRYING and don't want to tell you..but I almost do just to SHUT YOU UP! Ugh.  Ok feel better.
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel you on this one. Today I was holding my baby cousin. My grandpa leans over and says, "I hope that will be you in 9 months." </div><div>
    </div><div>WE'VE BEEN MARRIED 2 WEEKS!!! </div><div>
    </div><div>Give me a year before we start trying! Damn!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If H doesn't stop asking me when are we going to have a baby im gonna pull a Britney and flip out and do something crazy like shave my head. Take it up with my ovaries asshole. I don't need your shiit too. Im already beating myself over it. And it doesn't make me want to bone you when you put all this pressure on me.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I never understood the Toms thing either. They'd do so much more good if they were cute. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    This is more of a confession, but ever since my friend basically said Im obviously not doing anything right and thats why im not losing weight, and then went on to brag about how easy she loses weight when she tries, im hell bent on busting ass and losing. Im not saying a WORD about it again though, because shes crazy competative and hates to lose and I dont want to deal with that, I might even pretend im doing bad things opposed to good to trick her. I kind of want a leg up on her.
  • Ha Nebb I love your attitude! I love me a good silent, unspoken competition.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:7f55c525-2c7c-4d1c-a022-2db58b5bba6b">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is more of a confession, but ever since my friend basically said Im obviously not doing anything right and thats why im not losing weight, and then went on to brag about how easy she loses weight when she tries, im hell bent on busting ass and losing. Im not saying a WORD about it again though, because shes crazy competative and hates to lose and I dont want to deal with that, I might even pretend im doing bad things opposed to good to trick her. I kind of want a leg up on her.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That's incredibly insensitive of her :(

I'm cheering you on Nebb!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • SEWF, your grandpa wants you to be a baby in 9 months?  Like Benjamin Button?  ;)

I so get that, Nebb.  That's how it always felt with the dog-abandoner.  She made me vindictive.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:dab49a90-8e7d-45a8-85e4-306853ba5859">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like Toms either. And I hate it when a business asks if I want to donate a dollar to whatever at the register and then the workers give me disapproving looks when I say no.  So what if I want to donate my money in a way other than $1 at a time at the checkout when I have no guarantee that it'll actually get to the organization. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]
    To go with this. I hate that the company I work for requires us to ask for donations. I don't like being the to make someone feel bad for not donating. Plus it makes me feel like shiit as well because you shouldn't be made to feel bad while shopping.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:dab49a90-8e7d-45a8-85e4-306853ba5859">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like Toms either. <strong>And I hate it when a business asks if I want to donate a dollar to whatever at the register and then the workers give me disapproving looks when I say no.  So what if I want to donate my money in a way other than $1 at a time at the checkout when I have no guarantee that it'll actually get to the organization. 
    </strong>Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

This! I always worry that they judge me when I check out in Petsmart for not supporting thier animal charity...
  • NebbNebb member
    Thanks guys :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_there-said?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:499a2986-ec8b-47eb-80da-f7cc644a90edPost:d2f98125-ff14-4367-9315-fa16937a3f0d">Re: There, I said it.</a>:
    [QUOTE]If H doesn't stop asking me when are we going to have a baby im gonna pull a Britney and flip out and do something crazy like shave my head. Take it up with my ovaries asshole. I don't need your shiit too. Im already beating myself over it. And it doesn't make me want to bone you when you put all this pressure on me.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>No kidding.  DH keeps telling me that I gotta start working on this and umm..okay..I wake up early to chart my tempature, take OPKs, ect ect to have this baby.  CHILL . OUT .</div>
  • Ciaram- I work for a medical office and my boss wanted me to ask all our patients for donations for a walk we did. I was like I am not doing that! That's so tacky. It's bad enough that corporate places do that but a small, private practice medical type office? no.
    p.s. I love seeing you and that bump over here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards