Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning!

Hi girlies! How is everyone on Tuesday? I'm TIRED. I went to a private sneak peek of Eclipse last night and didn't get home until after 11pm. That's late for a school night. :)

What's everyone got going on today?

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    Good Morning! I'm at work, and I probably won't be able to knot much the rest of the week, which makes me sad. Year end is tomorrow!

This morning I was thinking about work so much that I forgot to wash my hair when I was in the shower. I didn't notice until I was on my way to work (usually the sunroof dries it for me). Dirty hair makes my head itch and drives me nuts. I think i'll have to run home at lunch and wash it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ooh, I love sneak peaks. I got to see a sneak peek/limited release of Finding Neverland like 4 months before it came to theaters, which was cool.

My morning is pretty much the same as always. I'm waiting to find out how my schedule is going to be affected for next week. I just changed to 4 days a week, 10 hours a day, but we have next Monday off for the 4th of July so I might only have to work 3 days next week. That would be so friggin awesome.
  • Options
    Morning.  My eyes do not want to stay open today, but I got an extra large coffee so hopefully by the time I'm done drinking it that won't be a problem.

I think I'm conducting a meeting today, but I have no idea what we're meeting about so I have no idea what to talk about.  This should be interesting.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!

How did you like the movie, Bec?

Michael Buble is pretty dreamy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    MilkDuds, he's soooo awesome live.  A friend brought me with her to see him live for a morning show thing.  He's so freaking suave and handsome.

I forgot my coffee at home this morning.  Whomp whomp.  Luckily, I keep a Bodum and stash of grinds in my desk so I don't have to reduce myself to drinking the battery acid they'll call coffee that comes out of the machines in the lunch room.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!

I'm working from home today and writing my thesis/paper/watching Maury Povich.  Utter trash, but those DNA test shows just amuse and horrify me in equal measure.
  • Options
    Joy, is your thesis ON Maury? Cause that would be awesome.
  • Options
    I'm not in the right field, but I'd bet some money that a sociolgy student could write a mighty interesting commentary about the state of america viewed through the lens of Maury Povich.
  • Options
    The movie was ok. I'm not a huge fan. I liked reading the books with Manda, and we see the movies together as our "thing", but neither of us is a crazed fan. It was nice to see it without the squealing idiot girls in the theater, that's for sure.

This was my favorite book, and they did a great job with the movie. But I'm just not a fan of Bella. The vampire battles are far more interesting than the silly teenage love triangle. They all three need jobs or something to take some time off their hands. LOL I thought my eyes were actually going to roll out of my head a couple of times, and poor DH was miserable. He must love me! :)

I was thinking of everything that happened in the last book, and I'm just not sure I can see all that stupidity on the big screen. DH and I need to figure out a way to get Manda in without us for the next screening!
  • Options
    Good morning.  We got some good news last night and it looks like we may actually be able to close on our new house sometime next month.  Then I can start really planning the wedding.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Morning!

I love Michael Buble - so jealous!

Bec - Was Eclipse worse than the other movies?  Better?  Actually decent?

ETA: I see you you already posted a mini review.  Still, how would you rate it in comparison to the others?
  • Options
    I love Maury Povich. I remember when not all of his shows were about paternity tests, but it seems he has found his niche and it works. There is always demand for free paternity tests and drama.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Bec- how was it? I've gotten over my shame and fully admit I'm a fan.  (I still dislike Kristen Stewart's acting 'abilities' though.)

Super jealous of the Michael Buble concert, too.

Work will be interesting the next few weeks for me.  We're doing more 'restructuring', so basically more workload for the same (or less) pay. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4e79a843-defd-4ae1-b92d-03cbfab43e21Post:98b77cea-3d9d-4ee1-9ba5-eacb5dd479f5">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Maury Povich. I remember when not all of his shows were about paternity tests, but it seems he has found his niche and it works. There is always demand for free paternity tests and drama.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Remember when he did the shows where you had to guess if it was a man or a woman?  Those made me laugh for hours.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It was about the same as the other movies. It stuck to the book from what I remember, and it was good. A bit long, but good. Those shirtless werewolf dudes can make any movie worth watching. :)

ETA: Dakota Fanning is a mini badass vampire. I love her.
  • Options
    I just cannot get into Twillight. I'm glad you liked it though.

Joy, I'm sure you're right. That's a thesis I would like to read.
  • Options
    We're taking our nephew to the Great Wolf Lodge. I'm terrified.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4e79a843-defd-4ae1-b92d-03cbfab43e21Post:2d9eeded-4a28-4d9d-aa44-7d36b38a13e6">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're taking our nephew to the Great Wolf Lodge. I'm terrified.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

That should be awesome. 
  • Options
    Bec-- Ooo! I like Twilight too, but I'm not an Alix-esque super fan. Lucky!
  • Options
    Have fun, Sept! I heard it's a good time. I love going to Cinci.
  • Options
    I'm sure it will be fun, but the whole idea of being surrounded by screaming children scares the living crap out of me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4e79a843-defd-4ae1-b92d-03cbfab43e21Post:3005eb09-04a2-4e5a-ac10-82021cd486e7">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>It was about the same as the other movies.</strong> It stuck to the book from what I remember, and it was good. A bit long, but good. Those shirtless werewolf dudes can make any movie worth watching. :) ETA: Dakota Fanning is a mini badass vampire. I love her.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmm... I promised myself after New Moon, I wouldn't waste my money on a theater again, it was much better than the other movies.  I guess it's renting for Eclipse.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4e79a843-defd-4ae1-b92d-03cbfab43e21Post:2d9eeded-4a28-4d9d-aa44-7d36b38a13e6">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're taking our nephew to the Great Wolf Lodge. I'm terrified.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

OMG that place is flipping AMAZING, sept! You will love it. It's large enough and so well-organized that you don't even realize how many kids are around. We go a few times a year and have an absolute blast. AND they serve alcohol in the water park. :)
  • Options
    Alcohol at the waterpark. THANK GOD. I can't even tell you how happy you just made me.

• Options
    Once they even had a mojito cart! This guy would handmix real mojitos for you. It was like heaven, only wetter. :)
  • Options
    That does sound awesome. Is it absurdly expensive to go to Great Wolf Lodge?
  • Options
    Alas, this is Canada. I don't know if they'll have such grand ideas about alcohol here, but I'm sure excited to find out.
  • Options
    I have no clue, Fever. DH did a lot of press coverage when the one in my state opened, and they absolutely love him. They offer him weekends here and there, and he'll host things like Santa's arrival at Christmas to help them out. I want to say it's like $250 a night, but waterpark passes are included? That could be way off, though.
  • Options
    I see, Bec. That's even better! A Facebook friend mentioned going and said it was like, $500-600 a day and I didn't think that was possible. I didn't even realize there were several Great Wolf Lodges. I thought there was only one in Cinci. Embarassed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards