Snarky Brides
Options

Scary Book (Nebb?)

2»

Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)

• Options
    Yup, I had them all, if only I'd kept them! I'm planning on collecting the hardbacks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_scary-book-nebb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:63937053-d66f-43ab-8ebc-ebb49778ec45Post:fe50e871-977d-41c1-9cf6-437fecccc9e3">Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have almost all of the paperback Nancy Drews. I think I am only missing about 8 or so. I loved Nancy Drew. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    I wish I'd kept all of my Goosebumps and Animorphs books.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Someone was selling ALL the ND books for $140. I wish I had had that money..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_scary-book-nebb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:63937053-d66f-43ab-8ebc-ebb49778ec45Post:c3437c65-7520-473f-acac-0465ae70979b">Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only if your face is like this:
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Nobodys face should be like that.</div>
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    I agree.

• Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_scary-book-nebb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:63937053-d66f-43ab-8ebc-ebb49778ec45Post:d84a3c65-3848-44e9-8adc-19fae4c5ed08">Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup, I had them all, if only I'd kept them! I'm planning on collecting the hardbacks.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

<div>My mom is storing them for me. I think I only have 3 or 4 of the hardcover ones. </div>
  • Options
    See had my stupid parents not decided to retire and travel full time so freaking young they could've kept them all for me!
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I think mine were still on my bookshelf in my bedroom at their house until a year ago or so. Mom moved them so that my 3 yo niece could put her books there. 
  • Options
    I know I am jumping in late, but does anyone remember the goosebumps books where you could choose your own endings? Those were so awesome.

PS - kim your comments are cracking me up
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I don't remember reading any Goosebump books like that but I remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books. Those were awesome. 
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    Alyssa, I had one of those.  I loved it.

• Options
    I always picked the wrong path. I ended up dead every time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Nates- Don't do it! I still hate that movie and can't imagine touching the book.

Alyssa- I loved those! I would write down each path I chose, and I made sure to do every possible combination. (Because I am a huge dork.)
  • Options
    As mrs. jesse said, Women's Murder Club is really good. I also like Sue Grafton and Lisa Gardner a lot. The Lisa Gardner books are murder mystery style, and very suspensful. Highly recommended (but start at the beginning of the series).
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    This doesn't qualify as "scary" exactly, but Lovely Bones is a great book about a murder.  Way better than the movie (as most books are).  Also The Deep End of the Ocean is a good book about a kidnapping - again, probably not "scary" by most people's judgements, but kidnapping is pretty creepy to me. 
  • Options
    I did like Lovely Bones!
  • Options
    I've never had anybody respond to this suggestion, but I LOVE the book Sunshine by Robin McKinley. Best vampire book ever. Plus, the main character is a baker, and a lot of the baking details are pretty spot on. Pastry and vampires, together: awesome.
  • Options
    Arwo, that sounds pretty awesome. I am looking for some fun summer reading too. If Barnes&noble has it, we can discuss it in a week. :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_scary-book-nebb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:63937053-d66f-43ab-8ebc-ebb49778ec45Post:9ed99515-6246-424b-ba02-fd0157c24ca4">Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arwo, that sounds pretty awesome. I am looking for some fun summer reading too. If Barnes&noble has it, we can discuss it in a week. :D
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Eeek, now I'm all nervous that you won't like it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_scary-book-nebb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:63937053-d66f-43ab-8ebc-ebb49778ec45Post:d3be88f7-bb2f-490c-ad21-518259ca077e">Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scary Book (Nebb?) : Eeek, now I'm all nervous that you won't like it!
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

If I don't like it, it's no big deal. I like a lot of shiit that no one else likes. :)
  • Options
    Patricia Cornwell's first books (Post Mortem all the way through Black Notice then Port Mortuary - there's 7 that don't have the same flow as these others - but I've never seen evidence of a ghostwriter)
    Lisa Gardner (Say Goodbye is the first I read)
    John Hart (The Last Child)
    Doug Magee (Never Wave Goodbye)
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_scary-book-nebb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:63937053-d66f-43ab-8ebc-ebb49778ec45Post:d89b5fb3-c525-4948-9138-813e70fd953b">Re: Scary Book (Nebb?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nates- Don't do it! I still hate that movie and can't imagine touching the book. Alyssa- I loved those! I would write down each path I chose, and I made sure to do every possible combination. (Because I am a huge dork.)
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    Omg, I know! But I want something really, really scary and I know that this scares the eff out of me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards