Snarky Brides
Options

Am I wrong?

13»

Re: Am I wrong?

• Options
    It seems to me that he has sentimental ties to his church.  Since you have only attended your church for a few years and that is his childhood church, I would agree with him. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:67f9eb09-b088-404c-9b53-1a1caafb16edPost:8bf96c7c-faeb-46f0-9fea-19030370993f">Re: Am I wrong?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And finally, CEW!!! Please dont ever stop being you... You are so random and it cracks me up.. even if you are a totall SNARK...
    Posted by dreamzcometru13[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dreamz. I was sure when I saw "and finally, CEW" that you were going to tell me how awful I am. It's quite refreshing to see someone who can look outside of themselves to see the big picture.

And just so you know, I was never condemning you for your situation because I knew there were other factors than the carpet color going on. :)
  • Options
    You should get married at the church that has the most meaning to you two. Do you regularly attend your church? (just going on Christmas and Easter doesn't count ast regular) You said your FI doesn't , so if you do I'd say no contest here. If you don't then you need to be willing to compromise. Wherever you guys have a connection, and ideally it would be a connection both of you have, to the place or the pastor or the congregation, should be where you get married... I'd say regardless of carpet color. You can always crop the carpet out of your photos or do your formal shots in another location.
    Trust your heart, love knows the way. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm really glad the OP is open minded and diplomatic enough to forgive and move on, and not second guess herself because of others snarkiness.

However...
    And just so you know, I was never condemning you ...

uhm...yyyyyea .... you kinda were.  But it's cool because she's cool with it.  I'm left to assume that on other posts you're not going out of your way to shame the OP for whatever reason you can find...perhaps you're normally pretty cool.  If thats the case- then I'm sorry to have assumed you were only trying to cut the OP down.  My assumption (if wrong) of your character was just as mean and unnecessary as OP bashing- which is what I thought was going on.

Awesome note to begin the day on!!!!!!!

judge the non-traditional, pop their happy little wedding balloons... and sleep better tonight for you have made the world a better place.
  • Options
    I'm not going to argue with you, Festiva. You were wrong in your assumptions. I accept your apology. Move on.
  • Options
    *LAUGHS*

I will keep you all updated on what we do...
  • Options
    As silly as the carpet comment may be, if it bothers you thats your choice and no one should pass judgement. If that was your only reason then that may be a little strange but hey, its whatever you want. I believe that the closer proximity and the fact that you still attend your church are valid points.
  • Options
    My childhood pastor (who has married all 3 of my brothers) is doing our reading at the ceremony in the church where FI grew up (and we currently attend) and his family's fav pastor is doing the ceremony. My mom threw a fit about the officiating, but we are paying, so it's up to us! Talk with your FI and work it out..this will let you know how well you can compromise once you are married also!
    "It is never to late to become what you might have been..."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_am-wrong?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:67f9eb09-b088-404c-9b53-1a1caafb16edPost:1dcee7dc-3101-441a-93ea-b56b4e68eba8">Re: Am I wrong?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The carpet in the church where I was married was 70s green. Did it ruin my wedding day? No. Being at that church, with the man I loved and all the people in my life who love me was the most important. Damn, people are shallow.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

vomit. I don't think you could be more self-righteous if you tried. but I'm sure you'll try anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards