Snarky Brides
Options

AYG

I'll start it in slow clap mode just because I haven't thought of too many yet...

BUT - how do lurkers not know how to lurk?

Jiggle Muffin brings back the baby post? She made it pages back to that thread but NOT through the knot pet peeves post?

Oh, and, Steph made a much needed newbs thread a few days ago and since then there have been 5 or 6, "oh hi I lurk and I am here nowww" intro posts. If you lurk, how did you not just participate in the newbs thread?

This probably bothers me more than it bothers other people but really? REALLY?

Re: AYG

• Options
    Fvck me. It's Wednesday already? I've got nothing.
    imageimage
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:1e28acda-212b-415a-95fa-3a602297e02a">AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll start it in slow clap mode just because I haven't thought of too many yet... BUT - how do lurkers not know how to lurk? Jiggle Muffin brings back the baby post? <strong>She made it pages back to that thread but NOT through the knot pet peeves post?</strong> Oh, and, Steph made a much needed newbs thread a few days ago and since then there have been 5 or 6, "oh hi I lurk and I am here nowww" intro posts. If you lurk, how did you not just participate in the newbs thread? This probably bothers me more than it bothers other people but really? REALLY?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

It was literally the first one I posted too. All she had to do was just OPEN the thread.
  • Options
    I'm in positive land today, sorry. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That is really annoying, Meg.

I want to flame Mocha for coming into Sascha's sad update thread and asking when the best time to visit Vegas is.  Do you really think that was the best time and place to ask?  It struck me as especially odd because it came from Mocha.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I don't think this really qualifies as a grievance, but I hate intro threads. People used to really get out their flamethrowers for intro threads and now it's okie dokie. I'm not saying I miss posters being mean just for the sake of being mean, but there were no intro threads when you got flamed seven ways to Sunday for making one.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:ba1b95e3-e5e5-4179-8a5e-c7aff48a9ebf">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in positive land today, sorry. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

::Spits bubblegum in Sarah's hair::

whachugot now!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:c8d66cc1-7eb8-407e-aa6e-4ee027a88bda">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think this really qualifies as a grievance, but I hate intro threads. People used to really get out their flamethrowers for intro threads and now it's okie dokie. I'm not saying I miss posters being mean just for the sake of being mean, but there were no intro threads when you got flamed seven ways to Sunday for making one.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

This. Andplusalso, people just find new things to flame. So now we don't flame intros but we flame who gets to ask the password question?? I am not saying I am not guilty of doing this, but the flames are there either way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:56f81523-1613-4a6b-aafd-7ca9dbfc7ccb">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : ::Spits bubblegum in Sarah's hair:: whachugot now!!
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

<div>I have short hair, I can cut it out and it'll grow back by next week ;) </div><div>
    </div><div>Really, though, I don't have any grievances. I havent been around much nor read a lot of the offending threads. Some because they are dead before I get there, and some just because I don't give a rat's ass about making new friends right now (NooBs) </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:824ce9c8-de96-4b53-890d-fd24155d8d48">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is really annoying, Meg. I want to flame Mocha for coming into Sascha's sad update thread and asking when the best time to visit Vegas is.  Do you really think that was the best time and place to ask?  It struck me as especially odd because it came from Mocha.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Didn't some one else say something similar, too? Who was it?
  • Options
    M&M, you came up as someone called Julz# the first time and all I could think is why some newb was starting an AYG thread. Then I was kind of disappointed, because it would have been entertaining to see what happened should a newb actually do so.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:c8d66cc1-7eb8-407e-aa6e-4ee027a88bda">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think this really qualifies as a grievance, but I hate intro threads. People used to really get out their flamethrowers for intro threads and now it's okie dokie. I'm not saying I miss posters being mean just for the sake of being mean, but there were no intro threads when you got flamed seven ways to Sunday for making one.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I'll tritto this. 

Also, I hate posters that don't take the time to read the sticky at the top of a board (like GIS) that's blatantly titles "NEW POSTERS LOOK HERE FIRST".  Your stupid ass question was answered there.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:d2444396-55a6-4769-980d-631bc5b1296a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]<3 your sig, B.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]
    This isn't a flame ;)  Thanks :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:3e72d701-64b8-406e-92f4-000baef695e7">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hall and Oates taught me how to spell Method of Love.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Haha! I love that song.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I hate how riled up people get when posters don't comply with the commonly accepted TK etiquette rules.  The resulting flame pile ons bother me, especially when the OP isn't being obnoxious.  I'm referring to etiquette breaches that don't actually result in guests' hurt feelings or impact their enjoyment of the ceremony/reception.
  • Options
    Nevermind, I have one:

As I've said before, the mod on my local is nutzoid. A regular poster did her vendor reviews and gave a vendor, who she ended up not using, an F because his business practices and communication skills were so lax that she couldn't imagine relying on him for her wedding. This happens to be the same vendor that the mod is using, so she came into the thread with guns a blazing saying that she shouldn't have given him an F because she didn't use him, and he was fine, just different, etc. Then she c&P'd TK's rules about reviews. Op comes back with "Oh Puhleeeze..." and goes on to say that her assessment was fair and she wanted other brides to be forewarned about this vendor and the way he does business. CrazyMod DELETED OP's last comment, and then sent her a PM. Deleted the Effer! . 

I have said it before, but this time its for real. That chick is nuts. I'm done on the local. She is BSC with power and puppies and rainbows and takes shite way too seriously. I already know she doesn't like me because I am honest and I challenge her. Eff Her!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:48edb10c-7954-4b1e-9992-0ff90453b8ce">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate how riled up people get when posters don't comply with the commonly accepted TK etiquette rules.  The resulting flame pile ons bother me, especially when the OP isn't being obnoxious.  I'm referring to etiquette breaches that don't actually result in guests' hurt feelings or impact their enjoyment of the ceremony/reception.
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]
    Be specific. What?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:ad2f69b6-ba10-4741-87da-4209fc2a6e3e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Probably, and if so, that's probably what Meg's referring to.  I didn't read that one.  I only read the one she posted over here.

There's nothing but T&Ps in the E one. I had to go back and check out of curiosity, lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:8fd23f4b-6d02-4b6f-bfb5-7348b098532a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : There's nothing but T&Ps in the E one. I had to go back and check out of curiosity, lol.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    Then I don't know.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:d5ff8967-115c-4208-8717-297b61c514a7">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : This isn't a flame ;)  Thanks :)

I could say something hateful to you in broken English that would need subtitles if you like.
  • Options
    It drives me nuts when people post other people's info from, say, FB without their permission. I'm blanking on when it happened, but it was recent.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I don't get B's sig. 

Cranberry, can you give an example?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:66360167-4295-404c-a51f-4f8a570d4310">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]It drives me nuts when people post other people's info from, say, FB without their permission. I'm blanking on when it happened, but it was recent.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]
    I don't think I've seen it done, but I hate that too. I look at TK and FB as two seperate things and if we're talking on FB, then I have a certain level of trust in the other person to not mention whatever we talked about on TK.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am sad to ditto the Mocha flame, because I really like her. I was also surprised that she asked about that in that thread. Time and a place, you know?

JenGin's reveal about Jessandtrav's dad in that thread last weekend didn't sit right wtih me for two reasons: 1) I feel like she was trying to make Meg look like a diick, when anyone who knows Meg also knows she would never have made a snide remark about Jess had she known what was up, and 2) Jess specifically hadn't mentioned her dad on here, which I noticed and respected. I just feel like that's something you shouldn't disclose about someone else on this board on their behalf.

ETA: I knew about Jess' dad from FB, so I'll ditto Missy's grievance about this. Thanks for the tie-in!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    This post from Ceremony Ideas board about someone who wanted a wedding ceremony after a JOP wedding.  Link

I know that's a big no-no here, but as long as the people are honest with what they're doing I can't bring myself to get worked up about it.  I didn't think the OP was being obnoxious in her posts, but people came down on her hard.

ETA:  I realize the poster was crazy if she thought people were going to support her idea.  I even told her she should have lurked a while before asking this question because TK posters' views on this topic are clearly anti.
  • Options
    Agree with Missy and Beatles. If it isn't posted on TK, it probably shouldn't be discussed on TK.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:48edb10c-7954-4b1e-9992-0ff90453b8ce">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate how riled up people get when posters don't comply with the commonly accepted TK etiquette rules.  The resulting flame pile ons bother me, especially when the OP isn't being obnoxious.  I'm referring to etiquette breaches that don't actually result in guests' hurt feelings or impact their enjoyment of the ceremony/reception.

Ok, so first some posters bitched about how things were too nice around here and now people are being too mean? Which is it? I am so lost.
  • Options
    I made it on time!  Yay for early lunch.

I flame Rxjen for being generally obnoxious.  I hate when people say "Ohh, I've lurked so long here and want to jump in" then make it patently obvious that they haven't lurked at all.  If you lurked, you'd know that people always ask the "Who do you hate?" question.  I would respect her if she said she didn't want to answer it, but hemming and hawing is annoying. 

Also, I flame her for thinking her opinion is so important to the rest of the posters that we'll be totally scandalized by what she thinks.  The two examples that come to mind is when she finally said AATB is her favorite poster and followed it with "Let the sh*tstorm begin." Really?  I could care less if you love AATB. I like her for my own reasons.  The second example is when she wandered into the thread about Prince William and said "No comment" all dramatically.  I brought it up then, but it's a good example of what I'm saying.

Sorry this is a little LJ and ramble-y. I'm trying to type fast before lunch is over.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:939f46a5-0b47-4bf5-8beb-69f4479147fd">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]This post from Ceremony Ideas board about someone who wanted a wedding ceremony after a JOP wedding.  Link I know that's a big no-no here, but as long as the people are honest with what they're doing I can't bring myself to get worked up about it.  I didn't think the OP was being obnoxious in her posts, but people came down on her hard.
    Just because it wouldn't affect YOUR comfort as a guest doens't mean it doesn't affect other people's comfort. And did OP ever say she was going to come clean about it? I don't remember, but I got the vibe that she was going to not tell anyone. Either way, it's not really about etiqette for me. It's about being a goddamned adult and making tough decisions. It's about this insane sense of entitlement to a big dumb party that brides get. As far as I'm concerned, your JOP wedding is your wedding and I don't care to participate in a vow renewal as a guest. At all. Period. Ever. I hate them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:12b2638a-486b-44ab-b58e-49b78fc845f8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Ok, so first some posters bitched about how things were too nice around here and now people are being too mean? Which is it? I am so lost.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I've actually never complained about it being too nice. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f1d5c6f-124c-4e95-9258-e2382a10c3edPost:12b2638a-486b-44ab-b58e-49b78fc845f8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Ok, so first some posters bitched about how things were too nice around here and now people are being too mean? Which is it? I am so lost.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh FFS. we arent' going here again are we? Another self analyzing thread just might kill the appeal of TK for me forever. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards