Snarky Brides
Options

Dear North Korea

Knock it off.  Srsly.  You're freaking me out.  You're like that crazy uncle everybody has who always makes folks vaguely uncomfortable and on edge because he will randomly and angrily spout conspiracy theories to strangers on the bus and refuses to get an e-mail address since he doesn't want to be on the grid, and then when he freaks out one day and shoots up the house on Thanksgiving nobody is surprised because, seriously, dude had problems.

I know that the Middle East is not the most stable area in the world, but to be honest I'm far more freaked out about what's going on in North Korea over what's going on in Iran.  Mainly because we don't know WTF is going on in there, and the only person who really has any idea is China, I don't trust China as far as I can throw them. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Dear North Korea

• Options
    Ugh...just read about thsi whole situation.  Not good.
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm nodding.

North Korea gets my vote for "most likely to start a real nuclear war".

I heard on BBC news that there's a theory that Kim Jong Un has to prove himself as ready to lead to his father, and that many recent attacks (like this hour of fighting at the boarder, and the South Korean ship that was recently sunk) are his doing. 
  • Options
    I was just discussing this with my sister. It definitely bears watching.
  • Options
    I saw this on the news this morning. Hopefully they get it together but it is noooot looking good. Scary......
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    My facebook status currently says: Special shout-out to North Korea today. You guys are "the bomb". Idiots.

• Options

Oh, Oops, In South Korea.

Stupid boss for interrupting my posting

20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And, to add to the shitpile, the idjits on Wall Street freak out because of this and send the DOW spiraling downward (down 125 points at this time). 
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Scary.  I'm more than slightly nervous about North Korea right now.  It's worse because I don't totally understand everything that's going on (like all of the history, etc.)

Hey, YIO- do me a favor?  In your sig, between your second picture and the quote, add a "<br* />" (without the *)?  It's driving me crazy that it's not all centered. thxmuch. :)
  • Options

I'm pretty sure it's the institutional and individual investors that drive the stock prices through supply and demand rather than "Wall Street" determining what happens.  Also, 125 points in the Dow is not a "spiral" downward, as much as the media would like you to believe.  It's a fluctuation and they happen every day.  Just like the other day when the Dow was up 125 points. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-north-korea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:73420276-a2d5-4cad-b0f2-3a8005a0f6cbPost:782ab6d5-9cbe-49f7-8255-05f406b475f8">Re: Dear North Korea</a>:
    [QUOTE]Scary.  I'm more than slightly nervous about North Korea right now.  It's worse because I don't totally understand everything that's going on (like all of the history, etc.) Hey, YIO- do me a favor?  In your sig, between your second picture and the quote, add a "<br* />" (without the *)?  It's driving me crazy that it's not all centered. thxmuch. :)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I got sick of fighting with it and it was bothering me too.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a friend and 2 cousins who live in Korea with their families and 1 cousin in China. It is way scary. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-north-korea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:73420276-a2d5-4cad-b0f2-3a8005a0f6cbPost:fa8b7983-7f6a-4cde-b19d-8cb3f8571b4b">Re: Dear North Korea</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear North Korea : Very true, and it also was probably completely unrelated to N. Korea issue, dispite mass media's attempt to segway between stories - although threats of war often cause some people to sell off their stocks and trade them in for DoD bonds, nothnig like making some good old blood money.
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

Word.  Thank you for your logic and reason. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-north-korea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:73420276-a2d5-4cad-b0f2-3a8005a0f6cbPost:8bdc3741-b279-46d0-8471-e128da990fbe">Re: Dear North Korea</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure it's the institutional and individual investors that drive the stock prices through supply and demand rather than "Wall Street" determining what happens.  Also, 125 points in the Dow is not a "spiral" downward, as much as the media would like you to believe.  It's a fluctuation and they happen every day.  Just like the other day when the Dow was up 125 points. 
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

<p>I guess spiraling wasn't the right word.  My apologies...  And as for "Wall Street" I was generalizing...again, sorry.   I was just trying to make the point that what happens half a world away can have an impact on the financial dealings in the U.S.  </p>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dear-north-korea?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:73420276-a2d5-4cad-b0f2-3a8005a0f6cbPost:bd78b240-8209-409a-b592-4cbfc2c8ed91">Re: Dear North Korea</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dear North Korea : I guess spiraling wasn't the right word.  My apologies...  And as for "Wall Street" I was generalizing...again, sorry.   I was just trying to make the point that what happens half a world away can have an impact on the financial dealings in the U.S. 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

No worries.  I reacted a little strongly.  I agree completely that international events can trigger financial consequences everywhere.  It's part of the joy of living in a global economy. 

I just hate that I open up cnn and see a breaking news headline about the DOW dropping by a few points. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards