Snarky Brides

Good Morning!

It's Thursday, so we're almost to the end of the week :D  Unfortunately for me, it's also the end of the quarter :(

How are you all doing today?  Anything exciting going on?

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, M&M!Money mouth
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Good Morning!

• It's my Friday, so yay for me. And I second the happy birthday, M&M!

Last night we found a spot in the wall behind our guest bathroom toilet that looks like it's been water and rat damaged. It's not broken through yet, but we did hear a rat squealing in the wall (we live on the river, in the woods, by a pond, and our house is stupidly built so anything can live underneath it). First thing I'm doing when I get home is marching over to the landlords.

I hate my house. Anything that can go wrong with it, does. At least I don't have to pay for repairs. But I swear to god if a rat chews through the wall I'm gonna lose it. They already chewed through our kitchen sink pipe last year.
  • Oh no, Sarah :(  I hope your FI feels better soon.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh, Sesh, I don't think I could sleep in that house knowing something was chewing through the wall. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:754080d6-3efd-4601-92c0-030967f65ae1Post:6133dff4-0b71-4e2d-a7f0-5ccf1c616247">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Sesh, I don't think I could sleep in that house knowing something was chewing through the wall. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Well, we don't know for sure it is. The wall is definitely water damaged, the rat may have just been bad timing. In the 3 years we've been there I have never once seen a rat, just heard them every now and then.

I don't know what they were thinking when they build this house. I guess it's time to put out the traps.
  • Happy Birthday Meg!!!

I'm headed to IKEA for some lamps, then I have to come home and pack for a trip to SC for a wedding this weekend. I'm so excited to hang out with adults I can't stand it! I'm stir crazy!
  • Good Morning, Ladies.  Happy BDay, Meg!
    End of the qtr, yes. And the third quarter is particularly important in my office, so I need to get some work done fast.  We're also preparing for year-end, so it's downhill until next May.
    Sorry about FI, Sarah - I hope he's better soon.
    Sesh - I would freak out if there were rats in my house.  I hope Whisky doesn't have a run-in with one.
    It's my Friday - yay!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning Ladies!

Happy B-day Meg!

Sarah- sorry about FI, I hope he feels better soon. I know there is a bug going around.

Sesh- I know how you feel, we live next to woods, and when it gets cold we have wood rats in the attic. Not fun. We have to throw poison packettes up there.

Tonight I get my hair done, got to look pretty for the girls this weekend! And DH's bringing the camera, so we can get lots of pics!
  • Sarah- there is definitely a bug going around the country.  Change in weather? Who knows.

Sesh- I only have one word: ew.

Anyway. Morning everyone!  Back at work, then home to pack for Oktoberfest this weekend.  I need to get my oil changed too, which I've been avoiding for the past, oh, thousand miles.  oops.
  • Good morning!  Today is my Friday because I'm taking FI to the hospital tomorrow for mostly routine stuff for him.  Exciting news?  He will start feeling physically better in a few days (yay!) and we are officially under 200 people for the wedding which makes me so happy I could dance on my desk at work...  but I won't.   
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Shay- so glad to here your FI is doing better.

• Thanks kd.  It will be a long process but he's off to a good start for sure.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning! I posted to M&M before opening this thread. Now I feel like a turd. Oh well. Happy birthday, M!

I'm waiting on my grandparent's cat to arrive. I'll be catsitting for them while they're at the beach for a month. Although I'm not a big cat fan, I couldn't turn down the money they offered. Apparently cat boarding is hella expensive.

I also think I'm getting my hair chopped off today and my new H wants to meet for lunch because he has a "present" for me. Hurm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy birthday M&M!

Ew rats.

MILF, you catsitting makes me chuckle.

I snapped the underwire on the only bra I have that fits and is comfortable last night, so, I'm off to drop another $150 on a bra at lunch.  Why must bras that might giant knockers look good be so expensive?

I also made chocolate hazelnut cookies last night.  They are fantastic.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't imagine spending $150 on a bra. I'm so cheap, I hate spending money on clothes. Especially something people can't see. Why are they so expensive?

Cat boarding can get expensive, MIAF. At our vet's office it's at least $15 a day for cats, and more for dogs depending on their size/weight. The dog boarding includes grooming so the higher prices make a little more sense, but for cats? All we did was feed them and change the litter.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:754080d6-3efd-4601-92c0-030967f65ae1Post:dceedad5-83a4-47b4-a6bf-647bdc722805">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tonight I get my hair done, got to look pretty for the girls this weekend! And DH's bringing the camera, so we can get lots of pics!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

: :pouts: : 

I wish I could go to the GTG. We didn't have plans for this weekend, then my mom's all "Hey come press apples with us Saturday morning." And I kind of feel obligated because I haven't seen my family in quite a while. Oh well, at least we get some cider out of it.
  • Yeah we have a petsitter that comes to the house for the dog and cat. She charges $16 per visit. And she usually comes in 3 times a day. Add that up for a week.

I think it's cute you have suddenly become a "cat person" HA! first the kittens now this. You might as well give in to the kitten forces!
  • Yeah.  Big boobs are the suck in the bra department.  Last time I was fitted I was a 34 FF.  I have to buy some crazy European brand that they only sell in specialty shops.

I believe my band size has gone done, but it looks like the girls shrank at the same rate, so maybe today will be something new!  Fun!  Not.
  • Good Morning to you, you and yeah, to you too!!

I don't care what today is. I am just soo happy that tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! My weeks have been pretty sucky lately and something has got to change. I guess that will have to be me. I'm gonna do some real soul searching this weekend along with a little shopping. Yay!

Have a great Thursday knotties!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Morning all. I'm tired. I want my damn Kindle. I hate the USCIS. That's pretty much it.
  • pirate- You are getting married next weekend. Holy crap! Congratulations!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Morning all - happy birthday, Megster!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • 34 FF Raynes?  I will never complain about my 34 DDs again.  Well, at least not around you!  DAMN GIRL!  Poor woman.

I have nothing to report really except woo hoo, Thursday.  Oh, and that envelopes have taken over my apartment - invitations are finally going out on Saturday. 

Morning all :)

OH!  And happy birthday M&M!
    panther
  • That's cool, MIAF. I'd much rather pay someone to watch Whisky than board him. At our place, the poor cats sit in these small cages all day long and never get taken out. Most of the time they are scared and aggressive so you can't anyway, but others just want attention and meow all day. I couldn't do that to Whisky, he has to be able to run around and play.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:754080d6-3efd-4601-92c0-030967f65ae1Post:9b16ce1d-1e2c-4228-9229-20ac544ff587">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's cool, MIAF. I'd much rather pay someone to watch Whisky than board him. At our place, the poor cats sit in these small cages all day long and never get taken out. Most of the time they are scared and aggressive so you can't anyway, but others just want attention and meow all day. I couldn't do that to Whisky, he has to be able to run around and play.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is the main reason we have someone come in, she loves them almost as much as we do and they dont leave their home.
    Plus Cleo is so old now, and will only eat when we are home. But Margie is the only other one that can get her to eat. So she's well worth the money. And she keeps an eye on the house turns different lights on and stuff.
  • Thanks for the apple pie recipe yesterday, raynes.  I used honeycrisp apples and added a few craisins to the mix.  It's delicious (and almost gone).

• Good morning!  I had a rough week, but my amazing FI brought me dinner, flowers, wine and chocolate last night and I got a solid 11 hours of sleep (holy hell was I sleep deprived) so I'm feeling much better today!  Today is my Saturday, and I'm just going to relax.  I'm getting my hair cut and colored this afternoon so I'm excited about that.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:754080d6-3efd-4601-92c0-030967f65ae1Post:889a02d0-f784-4d51-ac0b-1974b79fead7">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the apple pie recipe yesterday, raynes.  I used honeycrisp apples and added a few craisins to the mix.  It's delicious (and almost gone).
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

THIS looks DELICIOUS.

• The recipe is so simple, yet so yummy.  And I've never had the honeycrisp variety of apples before - they're really good.  We're having a bake-off to determine who will represent our floor at the all-employee lunch next week.  So, if I win I will have to bring in 3 more pies to share.
  • OH. MY. GOD.

I'm making that tonight.

• I think simple is best when it comes to apple pie.  One must let the apple (and the crumb topping) shine!

I hope you win Les!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards