Snarky Brides

Night Thread?

I just woke up a little bit ago.  I got sent home from work and fell asleep as soon as I got home.  I already  know I'll have a hard time sleeping tonight.  

What is everyone up to tonight?
imageVacation

Re: Night Thread?

• I am at work for another hour. It is month end so everyone is rushing to get their billing in. We were supposed to go to the game tonight but I was sick all weekend and I am still not 100% and we also have an important HOA meeting so we gave FIL our tickets.

I finished two book while sick and I am thinking of starting another one.

• What books did you read?
    imageVacation
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    We are watching game of thrones from ehe other night and just finished dinner. I need to go water my garden once its done since it didnt rain today, AGAIN
  • Hope you're back to 100% soon Dodgers.  And thanks for reminding me that I really  need to update my Goodreads.  I've read 3 books in the last week and just picked up a new one today to start. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:8940492a-c5ee-463d-9b0f-17b905edba20">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What books did you read?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

I was only going to read a little bit of Divergent so I can remember everything and I just ended up reading the whole thing then I read Insurgent.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:61de9ea7-cda1-489c-b6d4-aa2da1c127d3">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope you're back to 100% soon Dodgers.  And thanks for reminding me that I really  need to update my Goodreads.  I've read 3 books in the last week and just picked up a new one today to start. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I suck at updating goodreads. I don't remember the last book I was reading when I updated it last.
  • Nebb, they started repaving our parking lot at work about 3 weeks ago and have been doing NOTHING for the last week.  I overheard some people talking today that they are "waiting for the dirt to dry out" - um, this is freakin Phoenix, it's not going to get much drier. 
  • Come to think of it, we haven't had any rain here either.  I don't mind because I typically am not a huge fan of rain.
    imageVacation
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:b2476928-1815-4d4f-b09e-ab522fa30378">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, they started repaving our parking lot at work about 3 weeks ago and have been doing NOTHING for the last week.  I overheard some people talking today that they are "waiting for the dirt to dry out" - um, this is freakin Phoenix, it's not going to get much drier. 
    lol I keep saying my area (niagara) is going to be the new arizona of Canada soon.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:058ba7c9-5ab9-4dc3-8bbd-92645b8cdc7b">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Come to think of it, we haven't had any rain here either.  I don't mind because I typically am not a huge fan of rain.
    lol you clearly arent a gardener ;)
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Hope you feel better soon Brandi! We just got home from Pitt, and are sitting outside where it is cooler than in our house. Freaking landlord still hasn't fixed the AC. He's only been promising for 8 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:4eff5d13-e644-4c20-95dc-7285fb0b613f">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread? : lol you clearly arent a gardener ;)
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not.  I wish we could have one here but we don't have space at our apartment.  </div>
    imageVacation
  • That would kill your gorgeous garden in a hurry Nebb.  Here's hoping Mother Nature starts sending a little moisture your way.  I just need enough to keep the haboobs down later this summer.  I don't want to get stuck driving in something like this again.

• NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:6c8de1ca-9ea5-43db-b9a6-666dcc504d74">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That would kill your gorgeous garden in a hurry Nebb.  Here's hoping Mother Nature starts sending a little moisture your way.  I just need enough to keep the <strong>haboobs </strong>down later this summer.  I don't want to get stuck driving in something like this again.
    This word makes me laugh lol

It would kill it, that is true, but I fear thats where things are going here. My area has had some really bad weather luck lately and our lack of moisture is one of the biggest problems. I go out and water my garden every day, thats the only reason its surviving.
  • Evening. We're flipping back and forth from Jeopardy and Aladdin while waiting for Deadliest Catch.

Other than that we aren't doing anything. It's still raining here.
  • Calling it a dust storm isn't nearly as funny so I always use haboob.  :)

Too bad there's not a way to get the water from Boobs' hometown up to your area...  Do they have watering restrictions yet?
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:843ef763-4760-410a-91ff-b239cd82fbcc">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Calling it a dust storm isn't nearly as funny so I always use haboob.  :) Too bad there's not a way to get the water from Boobs' hometown up to your area...  Do they have watering restrictions yet?
    Not yet, but its likely. Its still really early so far, not even technically summer, so ths is extremely odd.

BOOBS, send me some water.
  • I'm here. FI and I just got done with our run (holy humidity) and are getting started with dinner. Italian herb marinated turkey tenderloin, grilled zuch and rice. We were supposed to make this Thursday but got side-tracked by Bdubs.

We actually get to watch the Tigers tonight because they are playing Boston and people care about that. Hockey too tonight!

And I'm going to be toying with programs. Because I'm getting married in 18 days and have had a change of heart. I dunno wtf is wrong with me.
    June 16, 2012
  • Sesh, I've got to find a picture that one of my engineers sent me about Genie's actual age - even as a non-math person I thought it was funny. 
  • Genie is at least 50,000 years old, that much I know.

Now we're watching the last HP until Deadliest Catch comes on.
  • My allergies turned into a sinus infection, so I'm sitting around wishing I could breathe through my nose.  I keep spiking low-grade fevers, which just wipe me out.  I have no energy and minimal concentration skills.  I went to the doctor today and am on an antibiotic, so I should start feeling better soon.  I'm just annoyed at my body.  I had lunch plans today, which included asking a friend to be a bridesmaid, but I had to cancel.  At least it isn't next Tuesday already?  I have seven days to kick this before my summer semester begins.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:7a99564f-3896-4c7b-b45b-300a87c42250">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. FI and I just got done with our run (holy humidity) and are getting started with dinner. Italian herb marinated turkey tenderloin, grilled zuch and rice. We were supposed to make this Thursday but got side-tracked by Bdubs. We actually get to watch the Tigers tonight because they are playing Boston and people care about that. Hockey too tonight! And I'm going to be toying with programs. Because I'm getting married in 18 days and have had a change of heart. I dunno wtf is wrong with me.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>What are you wanting to change on your programs?</div>
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:05545654-7ae6-477b-9c21-67be8982aada">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread? : What are you wanting to change on your programs?

I am wanting them to exist lol. I have a ton of good reasons not to do them but now for whatever reason I am finding myself wanting them :-/
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:befe566b-31f8-4d1a-bc0d-d5f4415ea5e2">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread? : I am wanting them to exist lol. I have a ton of good reasons not to do them but now for whatever reason I am finding myself wanting them :-/
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, gotcha.  I thought you meant that you wanted to change your current ones.  I've been trying to put some together myself to do the paddle fan type.  I am waiting for my guest count before I go and get them printed.</div>
    imageVacation
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Evening. I'm in a foul mood. I had jury duty today and got stuck on a 4-5 day trial. Work is crazy so I'll have to go into the office whenever possible. Annnnnd my co-worker/underling put in her 2 week notice today. It wasn't a huge shock but it's our busiest time of the year and it will probably take two months to replace her.

FML

It just started pouring here, seconds after we got home. So there's that at least. 
  • Celtic- sorry you're having a bad day!  What kind of trial is it?  (If you're allowed to answer something like that).
    imageVacation
  • Hiya.  I'm eating salsa and trying to pretend I don't have to go to work tomorrow.  H is upstairs studying/answering birthday phonecalls.  It's rained here a little bit every day lately, perfect for the garden.  
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:a278d8b5-93c8-4afb-b5fe-748c862cb4d2">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Celtic- sorry you're having a bad day!  What kind of trial is it?  (If you're allowed to answer something like that).

<div>I'm really not but I'll say it's serious but not capital. It's also not something I had heard about on the news. I had really hoped our regular watching of local news would get me off the hook! </div><div>
    </div><div>They called over 150 people into the room for screening and I got picked without being asked a single question. </div><div>
    </div><div>If it was a slow time at work I wouldn't mind. I've never had jury duty before but I think I would enjoy the process. Right now it's just major stress. </div>
  • Evening ladies!

I just finished dinner and more importantly dessert.  Grilled pineapple topped with vanilla frozen yogurt.  SO good!

Other than that I'm just watching Big Bang Theory reruns and playing sill games on FB while trying to find new things that I want to pin.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_night-thread-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7882fe64-fe51-4065-a628-52f915b13799Post:b45e5394-eb29-4095-b369-da8f94ee3726">Re: Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening ladies! I just finished dinner and more importantly dessert.  <strong>Grilled pineapple topped with vanilla frozen yogurt.</strong>  SO good! Other than that I'm just watching Big Bang Theory reruns and playing sill games on FB while trying to find new things that I want to pin.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YUM! </div><div>
    </div><div>Pineapple is also really good dipped in white chocolate and coconut.</div>
    imageVacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards