Snarky Brides
Options

Irrational "freak-out" moments?

It finally happened. I had my first irrational crying session. What was it over? The cake cutter. I was looking through photos of someones wedding and saw them cutting the cake and literally started crying because I forgot we needed utensils to cut the cake! Completely ridiculous. I'm laughing at myself now. We also now have cake cutting utensils lol.

Anyone else have any other ridiculous moments they'd like to share? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The other day I screamed and threw my toothbrush across the room when I realized there was a carpenter ant that was crawling from it to my hand.  Well, that's pretty rational I think.  I might have to poll FI for some irrational ;)

ETA:  I don't really have any wedding freakouts.  I'm sure that will come with time.
  • Options
    When I was addressing the invitations, I had about 3 people that Michael still hadn't gotten an address for. So he was getting those and reading them off really fast over and over knowing that I couldn't write that fast. I freaked out and threw the invitations, envelops, stamps all that shiit on the floor and said "fuuck it, you do it, asshole." Then I had to clean up my temper tantrum and was even more pissed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think buying cake cutting utensils are a huge waste of money. We used what our venue had available because who the hell cares about cake cutting utensils.
  • Options
    We are doing cupcakes with maybe a ginormous cupcake on top to save for later.  Pretty easy, peel wrapper and consume.  No cutting involved :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:8be2c838-07af-4521-9db6-2871e0f15262">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]From further down this page - <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_63-days-to-go-when-will-bridezilla-make-an-entrance</a>
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

<div>Aaah must be something in the air? lol I didn't even see this (and I usually lurk a lot!) :)</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:64454f76-c40b-4b25-bdde-820a95dd4f9f">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was addressing the invitations, I had about 3 people that Michael still hadn't gotten an address for. So he was getting those and reading them off really fast over and over knowing that I couldn't write that fast. I freaked out and threw the invitations, envelops, stamps all that shiit on the floor and said "fuuck it, you do it, asshole." Then I had to clean up my temper tantrum and was even more pissed. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I did this last night when I was helping H set up an online account. I was trying to get to something and the site was slow, meanwhile he's reading off the account info I needed to enter and I wasn't ready. I kept saying to wait and he kept going so finally I tore the paper out of his hand and said "just fucking wait until I say so!"

Then, like a second passed and the site was ready so I was all, "Ok, now go." Figures.
  • Options
    I don't think I freaked out irrationally over anything. I did freak out when 40+ guests had to decline the wedding a month before because of visa issues in Slovakia, but that was a warranted freak out, I'd say.

Aside from that, I probably only freaked once - when my printer was jamming over and over while printing programs for the church. I was so frustrated that I slammed my hand down on it and hurt myself instead of the printer. Stupid printer STILL jammed...violence is not the answer, clearly.
  • Options
    I had several freakouts in the weeks leading up to our wedding. I was completely BSC at the time. One thing I remember is getting into a screaming match with H because one of his GM (his brother I think) was trying to twist his arm into picking him up from the train station the day before. I said absolutely not, you're the groom, we have to transport all our stuff up to the venue and take care of the alcohol before the rehearsal. I didn't want to add anything else to an already busy day. There was some pushback/pressure, and we ended up in a screaming match that probably lasted a couple of days.
  • Options
    We didn't have cake cutters either.  Plus I hated our cake. 

I had a minor meltdown over inviting people.  I asked H's family about 11 million times who they wanted to invite, and for their full names and addresses written down and spelled correctly.  H's mom only listed her sisters, and H's dad didn't list anyone (he knew I was inviting the immediate family). 

Then, in the midst of sending invitations H's dad landed in the hospital for some unexpected surgery.  He decided we needed to invite all of his cousins who had called or come by or sent cards or whatever while he was in the hospital.  But he didn't know which of cousins' kids still lived at home vs. had graduated hs and moved to college, or correct addresses, or any of that.  And I'd never met these people so I couldn't just guess.

I was so sure they would all feel B-listed since their invitation ended up being mailed with barely 6 weeks notice. 
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:bfeba4d9-7011-453e-86e6-62a823652e37">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments? : I did this last night when I was helping H set up an online account. I was trying to get to something and the site was slow, meanwhile he's reading off the account info I needed to enter and I wasn't ready. I kept saying to wait and he kept going so finally I tore the paper out of his hand and said "just fucking wait until I say so!" <strong>Then, like a second passed and the site was ready so I was all, "Ok, now go." Figures.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    I HATE when that happens!
  • Options
    Our venue, a huge gym, did not have cake cutting utensils, lol.  So we had to buy, but I bought a cool looking one on Etsy.  It's a dual cutter/server and I've used it since the wedding when I serve cake at my house.  But, I'm a cake slut.

The only time I freaked out was when my mom was making me freak out.  She was always fretting over the teeniest details and I couldn't have given less of a shiit.  For example, after our last meeting with my cake lady, my mom started thinking outloud in the car on the way home about the size of the frosting borders of the cakes.  By the time she got home she wanted it to change, and wouldn't shut up about it, so I told her that if it was that big of a deal, to call the fucking cake lady and tell her herself.  NO ONE WILL NOTICE, lol.

I freaked out a lot about my wedding dress, but I think they were legit freakouts, since my wedding dress didn't show up til about two, two and a half weeks before the wedding.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:3beb854e-eef6-455a-b4ab-ba53ebb5026f">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I had one major one when I was printing our invitations/inserts.  I thought it would be a great idea to do them on a Friday night with some wine and my fav movies. Relaxing, huh? NOPE.  I was on hour 5 of sitting there feeding them in one by one and the ink ran out. </strong> I asked H to help me replace it. (New printer so I had no idea how to do it). He asked me to give me a minute and I was all "Come up here RIGHT NOW and do it or I'm going to do it and I don't care if I break this thing in the process."   Tears as well.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This happened to me too. Only I spent a majority of my time fighting with the printer and trying to get it to print on the invitations properly. I finished the invitations and decided to do the response cards by hand because I wasn't fighting with the formatting again for two hours.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and I  guess I did freak some about the guest list, but I always just tried to remind myself that our parents could invite whoever because they were paying.  But for real, it was maddening.  My mom was calling every other day to add someone to invite at the last minute, a few times after invitations went out - including this guy whose name she didn't even know.  She literally called one day and was like "We should invite him because he works with your dad and the guys, and he'd be the only one in that group not invited.  Plus he's really nice.  His name is Al, I think.  So save an invitation for him and his wife, I'll call you tomorrow with their full names and their address."  Yeah.  It happened.
    panther
  • Options
    Oh- I was stressed through a lot of the rehearsal. It took forever to get started, people were late even though I told them this was the one time that I was going to be super annoyed if they were even a minute late. So yeah, rehearsal started late, the LOVELY church coordinator took forever, giving a huge spiel to the ushers at the end of it. So I was super crabby for a while, but I think that happens pretty much every time I am running behind/late. 
  • Options
    Edie that is SO cute. Poor little guy haha
  • Options
    I had one...my MIL texted me saying that DHs cousins were coming and bringing their 3 year old son (which I had told her that SEVERAL times that the wedding was no children)...it was the first time I though to myself "I just want to run to Vegas". 

MIL also gave me a guilt trip about not asking SIL to be a BM.  I was so heartbroken and guilt stricken...luckily DH put her in her place! lol
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    It wasn't fun to have my mom freaking out at me during planning but it sure was funny when she freaked out on my behalf on a cop at my wedding reception, although I only heard about that, lol.  Wish I could have seen it.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:3beb854e-eef6-455a-b4ab-ba53ebb5026f">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had one major one when I was printing our invitations/inserts.  I thought it would be a great idea to do them on a Friday night with some wine and my fav movies. Relaxing, huh? NOPE.  I was on hour 5 of sitting there feeding them in one by one and the ink ran out.  I asked H to help me replace it. (New printer so I had no idea how to do it). He asked me to give me a minute and I was all "Come up here RIGHT NOW and do it or I'm going to do it and I don't care if I break this thing in the process."   Tears as well.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This is why I decided not to print our invitations myself, I knew it couldn't be as fun as it sounded.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:23c39df4-0062-4339-a61e-99fb9759a126">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate - same thing happened to me with the rehearsal, but I kind of expected it because <strong>the chapel we got married in was WAY off randomly and hard to find</strong>. But it did annoy me that my Mom kept staring at me and taking pictures - I mean, it was constant. I snapped a little then too.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>That is a little more understandable for them. I figure it's the one time that you could freak out at someone and probably get away with it hahaha</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div> I don't know if I snapped at anyone, but I was really on edge. I had a couple drinks at supper to calm down a bit haha. It was my two MOH's that are late to everything that were the only ones late to the rehearsal. They knew I would be annoyed, and were profusely apologizing.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:9511dc02-97d2-416d-b3a4-7a94fc1b118d">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh- I was stressed through a lot of the rehearsal.<strong> It took forever to get started, people were late even though I told them this was the one time that I was going to be super annoyed if they were even a minute late.</strong> So yeah, rehearsal started late, the LOVELY church coordinator took forever, giving a huge spiel to the ushers at the end of it. <strong>So I was super crabby for a while, but I think that happens pretty much every time I am running behind/late. </strong>
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OMG.. I know this is going to be an issue for a few people that have to be at our rehearsal and I'm seriously going to go ham. I'm so sure they're going to be late, I've told them to get there at 4:30 instead of 5. No joke. (To be fair, I'll be there at 4:30 in case they do show up when asked so they're not there by themselves). Punctuality is huge to me, especially with the rehearsal. I've accepted the wedding day won't run on time as planned, but dammit the rehearsal will lol. I, too, get super crabby when running late. Glad I'm not the only one!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I just remembered a hilarious freakout I had. Our venu was in this big old building, and you entered the reception venue from the back, it was all stone and had these big boarded up windows at the top that just sort of blended it and it had this sort of rustic charm which I really liked.

A few days before the wedding we were driving by and I looked at it and saw this:

6 HUGE paintings of DANCING PENGUINS. I freaked the HELL OUT and was so upset and went to talk to the manager and he was so excited about them and he had them put up right before the wedding because he wanted to make it look better so as mad as I was I didnt have the heart to tell him that they were freaking terrible and I resolved myself to just being mad as hell internally.  Seriously, wtf is that?! 4 years later Im still shocked that he thought that was a good idea.
  • Options
    Lol, just picturing you pissed off about those penguins is hilarious Nebb!

Btw is it just me or do we all have platinum badges?  Wtf
    panther
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:98dbb115-47be-4aee-894b-54f8584a794e">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol, just picturing you pissed off about those penguins is hilarious Nebb! Btw is it just me or do we all have platinum badges?  Wtf
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    It involved a lot of pointing and me shreiking "WTF IS THAT?!" repeatedly.
  • Options
    Our wedding chapel was pretty close to flooding the year we got married.  As in, the lake encroaching on the only road to get to it, lol.  It was repaired but it was still scary to drive on.  The water got even closer to it last summer.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:0932d3fb-2246-4465-9182-715d0b297d2e">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and when H's family was being so difficult about the airport thing (CN? They didn't listen to us, flew in at a completely inconvenient time, complained because the tickets were more than the ones I had found and told them about that were actually convenient for everyone, and ended up causing "me" (my dad ended up having pity on me) to make THREE airport runs the Thursday before our Saturday wedding and they absolutely refused to rent a car) and the same day the BM decided maybe he would just skip most of the pictures of the bridal party to leave early so he could go see a baseball game, I ugly cried. And H didn't want to stand up to any of them. I wanted to tell his family to get a cab and his BM not to bother coming since it was SO inconvenient. Because it was seriously one thing after another with him. He was coming, he wasn't coming, he was going to be late, he was going to leave early, he was bringing 3 people as his plus one, etc.  
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

wow. that is something that would actually stress me out (all of it, lol).

so far, so good for me? OH NO. wait. we had a really big fight about the programs because I gave up on caring about them, had my graphic designer FBIL design them and I was going to get them printed. Well, he was taking longer than necessary (more my fault than his) and at 10 PM this past Friday night, my FI got mad and told me I better call and yell at FBIL. Well, I just freaked out on FI instead. That fight lasted till Saturday night, lol. And we have programs, finally!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:98dbb115-47be-4aee-894b-54f8584a794e">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol, just picturing you pissed off about those penguins is hilarious Nebb! <strong>Btw is it just me or do we all have platinum badges?</strong>  Wtf
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I noticed that too... ? Even though, just 2 minutes ago it was a different color? </div><div>
    </div><div>I would wonder about the penguins too. Why penguins? Is it near an aquarium? Or does that have something to do with the name of the venue? Other than that, I don't see why anyone would have penguins on the side of a building...lol</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Omg, nebb, I can't help but laugh. Of all the paintings they could put up, they chose dancing penguins. I love it.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-freak-out-moments?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8125cef1-f700-40aa-937c-0f7f9f82453fPost:be54e3e7-d356-4f26-8a7b-19f07ce366dd">Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational "freak-out" moments? : I noticed that too... ? Even though, just 2 minutes ago it was a different color?  I would wonder about the penguins too. Why penguins? Is it near an aquarium? Or does that have something to do with the name of the venue? Other than that, I don't see why anyone would have penguins on the side of a building...lol
    Posted by carrieloomis[/QUOTE]
    The place was called the bohemian penguin, so I mean, it made sense to some degree but it was still terrible. I was all worried people would think we were having a frigging penguin themed wedding or something because the place was called that, there were those paintings and we were serving some wine that coincidentally had the word penguin in the name.
  • Options
    The penguins were dancing with joy of your impending nuptuals, Nebb!
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards