Snarky Brides

Just got schooled by a priest.

2»

Re: Just got schooled by a priest.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-got-schooled-priest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:83fb9e4d-3334-44b5-bfdd-5698faecc669Post:59d907aa-76f9-45dc-9dfd-869cf73cb645">Re: Just got schooled by a priest.</a>:
    [QUOTE] As far as I know, most Catholic churches <strong>won't marry someone who hasn't been confirmed into the faith,</strong> that means you need to complete the three steps before that, baptisim, confession and confirmation. I have heard of some priest marrying a interfaith couple in the church, just not at the altar, maybe offer that as a suggestion.
    Posted by FutureMrsJGraves[/QUOTE]

That's not quite right. You must be baptized into the Catholic Church but you don't have to be confirmed. I've been baptized and had first communion/cofession but I'm not confirmed but I could get married in the Church to my Catholic FI if I wanted to. FI's mom talked to her priest a while back for us and asked him all those questions and he said we wouldn't have any problem.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards