Snarky Brides
Options

Say yes to the Dress Big!!!

Anyone watching this with me??
And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image

Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!

• Options
    Sorry, new episode of Supernatural is on, and I love me some Jensen Ackles.
  • Options
    mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I'm DVR'ing it cuz FI doesn't like to watch it lol, that and 4 weddings. It's the new one back in NY right?
  • Options
    Oh pooh on you!!! Enjoy!
  • Options
    I hate when the fiance or boyfriend comes with!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:e2af0e9a-08f0-4c61-a14b-2f03b6e63c0d">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm DVR'ing it cuz FI doesn't like to watch it lol, that and 4 weddings. It's the new one back in NY right?
    Posted by mgietler76[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I love that FH will watch this with me. He just isn't here right now. UGH!!!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:8e02006c-01c7-46a1-aceb-241ec6f6010f">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate when the fiance or boyfriend comes with!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Well they are there!! LOL!!! But one is going to propose, so this should be cute.
  • Options
    FI will watch it with me but I'd rather watch it with m sister so we can critique the dresses.

I also hate it when FI's come along, and I like it when they decide halfway through to kick him out and than pick a dress w/o him
  • Options
    I hope it's cute. 

I dont watch this show often (especially now since the Twins are playing) but I remember once I was watching it and the fiance was vetoing all the dresses and making the bride upset - it wasn't "the one" yet or something.  I wanted to just smack his dumb ass.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:3513cd09-49d6-4d23-9985-301ab5057aab">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!! : Well they are there!! LOL!!! But one is going to propose, so this should be cute.
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

I thought this was a new one? I know I've seen a proposal at Kleinfeld's on a previous episode?
  • Options
    I am! :) I also hate when the FI goes, Muffin would never in a million years go with me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm watching! I definitely didn't know it was a spin-off, I thought it was just a special episode!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:933ff838-fa91-4d69-8f81-9f6ca285e8be">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope it's cute.  I dont watch this show often (especially now since the Twins are playing) but I remember once I was watching it and the fiance was vetoing all the dresses and making the bride upset - it wasn't "the one" yet or something.  I wanted to just smack his dumb ass.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that one, like couldn't he see he was upsetting her? This is why I didn't tell anything about m dress to FI, although I know he agree's with me on the big ball-gown style so yay for me I guess.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:3866b790-9150-4ecd-85dc-f022a6c21a47">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!! : I thought this was a new one? I know I've seen a proposal at Kleinfeld's on a previous episode?
    Posted by mgietler76[/QUOTE]

It is a new one. Keep up!!! LOL!!!
  • Options
    They actually did have a proposal on an earlier episode tonight ( On the Reg SYTTD) and are having another one on the ATL. And I feel lame for knowing that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Or I lied, this is not the ATL, its at Kleinfeld's but the " Big" episode
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the concept but I don't know if it needs a whole new show.  I think it just divides people who are overweight even more from skinny people.  I don't know it just feels odd.  Why not just include more curvy women on the general show? 

I am watching however because I find it interesting.  I needed a plus size for my bust line and I almost went to Kleinfelds specifically because of their large amount of plus size gowns.  I happened to find my dress in my second appointment shopping so I didn't need to go.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:d3e4c0f0-a178-44fa-be52-1351478f84fb">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They actually did have a proposal on an earlier episode tonight ( On the Reg SYTTD) and are having another one on the ATL. And I feel lame for knowing that
    Posted by ALittleLove[/QUOTE]

It's okay. Gives me something to look forward to.
  • Options
    I didn't realize there were so many people who went dress shopping before the proposal.  That's weird.
  • Options
    Awww that was cute and she was soo happy!!
  • Options
    Pennina looks like she wants to beat her ass!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:737afb48-605e-4a25-9d09-cb6d8fc45b3c">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww that was cute and she was soo happy!!
    Posted by MISSCOURTNEY20[/QUOTE]

Did they explain why she was wedding dress shopping before they were engaged?

Also, does anyone else think a lot of those Pnina dresses are slutty?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:075a709b-fa19-4f99-ba89-d11fe04da39e">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!! : Did they explain why she was wedding dress shopping before they were engaged? Also, does anyone else think a lot of those Pnina dresses are slutty?
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of the Pinina dresses are less tradiaitonal but I certainly wouldn't call them slutty.  It really depends on how the girls wears them. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:f4aae55b-8d48-40ba-a91d-a9434d03f309">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!! : Eh I've seen that elegantly done.  Also many of the girls who buy that dress have it lined with a nude layer or a pink layer.  So you aren't seeing their skin.  I don't mind cleavage showing at all. 
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

I don't think a see-through bodice or nude lining that gives the appearance of skin can be done elegantly at a wedding. That's just my opinion though!
  • Options
    I don't mind cleavage either (huge fan actually), but some of the people are so over the top with it.  No pun intended.
  • Options
    I don't mind tasteful cleavage but when the boobies are floppin all over the dance floor right in Grandpa Lloyd's face, I think it's a problem.
  • Options
    I'm clearly a fan of Pinina.  Here's some of her dresses that I don't consider skanky.

• Options
    It was a lot over the top IMO

And I don't mind a little cleavage, as long as I'm not popping out all over.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_say-yes-dress-big?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8a2dc368-9938-4934-b4e3-ef0d6233c831Post:3e3a15b1-8119-41c7-b11d-4f7ba20d4595">Re: Say yes to the Dress Big!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind tasteful cleavage but when the boobies are floppin all over the dance floor right in Grandpa Lloyd's face, I think it's a problem.
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

That is an awful image!! 
  • Options
    I don't understand how you propose while dress shopping? WTF
  • Options
    Oh not all Pnina's are skanky don't get me wrong she does have some nice ones, but she's got the sluttty line of dresses definitely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards